Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sun gazing

blu3reeblu3ree Veteran
edited March 2013 in Diet & Habits
Does anyone here gaze at the sun in the early morning hours or just before sunset?

Ive done some research on it and watched a couple videos of people talkin about it. I have yet to try it. motivation is easier thought than carried out into an action.

Any advice? Please share personal eperiences.

Comments

• http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=/#/watch?v=vdumLvrXfmo
    Master hira ratan manek talks of sun gazing
  • As in, watch the sunrise and sunset.......? Of course I do, I even take pictures. I don't see why research or such importance is put to it though, unless I am missing something.
  • As in, watch the sunrise and sunset.......? Of course I do, I even take pictures. I don't see why research or such importance is put to it though, unless I am missing something.

Well i didnt mean from a scientific view i meant from more of a mindful view like my vision improved unwholesome attributes dwindled etc.

Hira ratan manek apparently lived for 411 days without food only on boiled water and teas all while being recognised as being healthy. I dont know about you but that makes my mind short circuit thinking about living that long without food!
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    Just remember - it's not the sun setting....it's the earth rising ;)
  • Bunks said:

Just remember - it's not the sun setting....it's the earth rising ;)

Next you will tell me that the universe doesn't rotate around the earth, durp
    :shake:
    riverflowkarastiTheEccentric
  • This I believe is also a Zoroastrian practice. Done it. Got the T shirt. Living on moon beams next . . . I believe some Japanese have moon gazing parties.
    . . . I never get invited to the cool parties [sob] :bawl:
  • lobster said:

This I believe is also a Zoroastrian practice. Done it. Got the T shirt. Living on moon beams next . . . I believe some Japanese have moon gazing parties.
    . . . I never get invited to the cool parties [sob] :bawl:

Thailand has a monthly full moon party, but that is far from spiritually wise to go to, that is unless you are there to help the wounded, intoxicated, robbed, beaten or other helpers.

@blu3ree even if this guy you speak of lived off of what he did whilst gazing at the sun as he did, isn't it more simple to just have a balanced diet and enjoy the sunset and sunrise without trying to act like a plant and photosynthesize?
    lobsterInvincible_summer
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    I love to watch sunrise and sunset (except in the summer when the sun is coming up at 4:30am). It is what it is, though. While I find it relaxing and enjoyable there is nothing magic about the sunrise/sunset that makes me behave differently. Most people find being in the sun makes them feel better. That's a natural thing. We certainly aren't meant, from a biological standpoint, to spend 15 hours a day inside. The sun makes us happy and motivated because we are supposed to be out in it.
  • I hope you wear very dark, optimum polarized sun glasses for all that sun 'gazing'......
    Invincible_summer
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    MaryAnne said:

I hope you wear very dark, optimum polarized sun glasses for all that sun 'gazing'......

And then dont do it.

Invincible_summer
  • MaryAnne said:

I hope you wear very dark, optimum polarized sun glasses for all that sun 'gazing'......

Its during the first hour of sunrise before the harmful rays come out.
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    And instead of saying all of your goodbyes,
    Let them know you realize that life goes fast.
    It's hard to make the good things last.
    You realize the sun doesn't go down,
    It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning 'round.
  • blu3ree said:

MaryAnne said:

blu3ree said:

MaryAnne said:

:scratch:
    Invincible_summer
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    We have really long sunrises and sunsets too, because of how far north we are. In the summer, even after the sun sets, we have twilight light until 11pm or so. We have light before the true sunrise, 45-60 minutes before, as well. I don't sit and stare at the sun or anything, lol. I do wear good sunglasses when I'm in the sun, though at this time of year at sunset the sun is pretty weak. Sunrise is the most beautiful before the sun actually makes an appearance.