Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

zafu cover ....

VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

Does anyone have a sewing pattern for a zafu cover? And the zabuton?

My cushions are on rotation right now between family members and I really want to have a cover to wash and remove. I have seen the ones online....but they're more than I want to spend. If you have a homemade pattern or know of a pattern online...please share. Thanks so much!

Comments

• This design allows for portability (have Mind, will travel) and comes with an inbuilt on hook storage device. Please do not use where sitting on Buddhas face might cause offence . . . or turn inside out . . .

Vastmindkarasti
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited March 2014

I love it! I would have a cute pile of pillows when they get returned. :)

The fit looks a bit off. My Mr. Cushy is round. hahaha

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
  • howhow Veteran Veteran

@Vastmind
    Just a thought!
    If you are thinking about a Zafu cover that you'd leave on to sit on, you might find the fabric slide between the zafu and it's cover a bit of a hassle.

Folks sitting on the front edge of the Zafu to help rock the pelvis forward or trying to ease the falling asleep of the legs from circulation pressure, would probably find the cover sliding instead of having their ass staying where they wanted it.

Zabuton covers though with a side zipper are great.

Vastmind

I see what you mean. The bottom cover will be better than nothing.
    I still think I can make an additional cover with a zipper. I would just need
    to make it tight enough. So....after some years, you just buy another one?
    Or empty the shells in another case? Lately, I actually have liked stacking two square ones...a smaller on top of the bottom, and sitting like that. :)

Ok..so the sewing dept and I have had a couple of meetings and have a rough pattern. hahaha. I'll post pics. The first one I'm doing will be for a 23 x 23 sitting square and will be in gray. This square is filled w/ cotton. I have 3 other shapes and fillings of cushions so.... I'll share what I find out. ..... and create. :)

• howhow Veteran Veteran

@Vastmind
    It is funny how Zabutons do seem to wear our where zafu's seldom do.

Kapoc is usually a more resilient filler than cotten.

(Cheater tip..Old lifejackets can be a cheap source of kapoc)

Vastmind

My Mom beat me to the punch.... hahaha.

She got a cover done and sent it to me in the mail! .. :) ..

Thank you! I love it! It has 4 snaps...and fits snug!.