Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Oprah's "Super Soul Sunday" with Eckhart Tolle

ToraldrisToraldris   -`-,-{@     Zen Nud... Buddhist     @}-,-`-  East Coast, USA Veteran
edited April 2014 in General Banter

I'm not sure how this forum handles linking to off-site resources, or which category this belongs in (so General Banter is a safe bet, yes?), but there's this weekly thing going on at Oprah.com for her Super Soul Sunday... I don't normally watch anything with Oprah, but I'm a fan of Eckhart Tolle (enlightened by my standards anyway).

They're going over his book "A New Earth" (sequel to "The Power of Now") chapter by chapter, week by week.
They are on week three now... (though you may be able to find weeks one and two on Oprah.com or somewhere else, maybe YouTube?).

http://www.oprah.com/own-a-new-earth/A-New-Earth-Chapter-3-Full-Episode-Video

Comments

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited April 2014

I have really enjoyed him so far. Did you see him explaining the ego and how it finds something to attach/identify with? His explanation of identity (child with the toy) was profound for me....

• ToraldrisToraldris   -`-,-{@     Zen Nud... Buddhist     @}-,-`-   East Coast, USA Veteran

@Vastmind I watched the first two weeks. I'm about to watch the new one; I remember him talking about a child with a toy, and that sounds pretty apt to me!

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited April 2014

I was going to buy the book, but he's going over it with such detail...I think I'll save the money. .. :D .. I'm not all the way through with the second one...(I've been DVR in' it)...I'll catch up this week-end. Any things about part 1 or 2 that stood out for you?

Off topic: Ewwww...your eyeball is freaking me out! hahahaha

• ToraldrisToraldris   -`-,-{@     Zen Nud... Buddhist     @}-,-`-   East Coast, USA Veteran

I had already read both books before starting to watch these videos, so I wouldn't be a good judge of things standing out (they stood out when I read it!). All I can say is that they're very packed with great questions and answers, and I hope people find them enlightening. ;)

edited April 2014

@Vastmind So strange you should say that. It's freaking me out too (it's part of a bigger picture with the four seasons and four eyes). I thought it was just me... I'll find something else.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

in time, people are going to be thinking.... :scratch: "WHAT Eyeball.....?"

edited April 2014

Yes @federica, that was my master plan to mess with people in the far future.

People might actually be able to see the other picture on my activity page (I know I can, and I assume moderators can, but not sure if there's any kind of privacy layer). Aaaaanyway, I'm off!

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

I've meant to try to read his work but I've never gotten round to it. I might download it so I can read it when I go for my next round of needles and other stuff.

• lobsterlobster Crusty Veteran

Mr Cushion has been watching . . .

Great to see something like this being explored by someone of Oprah's standing. Mainstream dharma coming soon . . .

VastmindJeffrey

New one is out, and I know they don't keep them up forever (the first and second ones disappeared when they put the third one up!): http://www.oprah.com/own-a-new-earth/A-New-Earth-Class-4-Full-Episode-Video