Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Groundbreaking New Scientific Discovery! - Men and Women are Different

personperson Don't believe everything you thinkThe liminal space Veteran

The title is only partly facetious, over the years medical research has assumed that aside from the naughty bits men and women are essentially the same and research has ignored any differences in test subjects, even mice.

This is a report by 60 minutes outlining the problem.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/sex-matters-drugs-can-affect-sexes-differently-2/

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

I tend to agree with the people who are trending towards many, many genders. I think we limit ourselves a lot as humans when we feel the need to view ourselves, and everyone else, in such black and white terms. We are more than simply what our genitals display and our hormone imbalance. Same for sexuality. There is more to it than gay, straight, or bi. I think the rainbow of humanity is pretty vast and the limits we tend to impose are pointless.

Sorry, I didn't mean to run off topic, that was just the thought I had, it's been on my mind lately. I just think we need to look even farther than "how does this affect men versus women" and do a better job of considering the individual needs and use studies that are meant to cover wider ranges, as guides rather than set expectations.

lobster
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran

Of course we are different. They way we look at, respond and relate to the world can be quite dissimilar. In the past I think people wanted to push the idea that the only difference lay in the plumbing in order to prove equality, missing the point that we don't need to be the same to regard another or their ideas on equal footing.

Vastmindlobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Reminds me of how it is every mans right to have babies - from Life of Brian

VastmindTheswingisyellowsndymorn