Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How will you face death?

13»

Comments

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Let's hope for some progress with right-to-die legislation. Though I guess a DIY approach would do. ;)
    I'd like to use a nice lump of semtex, but I don't think they sell that in Tesco. ;)

• Has anyone seen that film 'The Fault in Our Stars'? Wow; I really recommend it. It's what my teenage daughter calls a 'Cancer Flick', but it's not depressing - though it's certainly very sad at times - but it's based on this young lady here:

I think she has some insight on that 'concept of self thing' too; around 2.40.

Ester was a Youtube blogger (I think that's the term) and was diagnosed with cancer at 12 years old and died when she was 16.

I recommend the film (I didn't think it would be my bag, but my daughter loved it and forced me to watch it too).

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@SpinyNorman said:
    Let's hope for some progress with right-to-die legislation. Though I guess a DIY approach would do. ;)
    I'd like to use a nice lump of semtex, but I don't think they sell that in Tesco. ;)

I think it may be held in a Blue Peter Archive... Google 'Valerie Singleton, explosives'... :lol:

lobster
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Here she is holding up a cleverly-disguised device..... No animals were harmed in the making of this picture...

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

@Tosh My husband was nice enough to watch it with me just the other night. A fabulous story, and oh my, so sad. I knew the ending before I watched it after seeing others talk about it so at least that part wasn't a surprise. But I think I need to read the book now.

I am not sure (as if I have the choice, lol) if I'd want to go suddenly with no warning, or on a death bed. Both have their pros and cons. But I suppose that is part of why I practice, for even a little bit of clarity for dealing with the moment of either occurring. I found Mukpo's talk about that quite interesting. He might have been declared a tulku and have a famous Buddhist step father and mother, but when faced with his illness and death, he was terrified. As would most humans be, especially at young ages. I didn't really expect he wouldn't be afraid, but thought perhaps he'd have an insight or something. I suppose he did: when faced with it, we're all afraid to die thanks to our supreme attachment to our selves and life. Pretty tough to break that even with amazing resources at your disposal.

Tosh