Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The welcome wagon

VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

I've noticed that the 'Introduce yourself' thread is not popping up on my recent discussions page. I have to go to the actual catagory ( General Banter) and see if anyone has walked in. Is this because it's an announcement?

I would hate for people to not be welcomed by anyone when they first arrive. Or that no one even knows they're ringin' the doorbell. :) Is anyone else just checking sporadically?

Earthninja

Comments

• PöljäPöljä Veteran

Hey you there in Memphis! I'm a deeply troubled middle-aged man living in Northern Europe. I'm not welcomed here. But still...

silverVastmindlobster
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited July 2015

Hello @Polja . Thanks for that. :heart::smiley:

Pöljä
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

I haven't checked that thread for ages. It didn't look like a lot of people were following it. So, I just barged in on threads hoping that it wasn't something I said in my intro. :p

karastiVastmind
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Jump in with both feet, sometimes it's the best way!

EarthninjaVastmindsilverlobster
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited July 2015

@karasti said:
    You're always so thoughtful, Vastmind! Always looking for ways to help others and make them feel good. <3

For a Buddhist...I'm not sure that's a good thing for @Vastmind to be @karasti :lol:

WalkerkarastiEarthninjaVastmind

Thoughtful or thought-full?

Shoshin
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@Walker said:
    Thoughtful or thought-full?

Sounds the same...(well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :) )

• Can I say Hello (from the wilderness of North Surrey =) ) here or on some other thread?

EarthninjaWalker

Hi @iza Welcome, it's nice to meet you.

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited July 2015

.. * Swings the door open * Hi there @iza. Come in....Everything you've heard about me is probably true, hahahaha. Card table is over there.....domino's are over in that room.....and goodwill and friendship just oozes out of the walls around here. Don't be a stranger.... :awesome:

BunkssilverShoshin
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

@Azulalicia said:
    Hi everyone,

I already received 2 points! Quite a challenge to stay humble and such... ;)

Hi B)

I am humbled by your two points.

I accept the challenge.

First there are no points, then mountains, then no peaking ...
    http://www.zenforuminternational.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8382

Zenshin
  • Thank you so much @lobster.
    When I think of something insightful/funny/inspiring or lobstery I will post it in gratitude.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Honestly? Don't even try. It's hard to beat lobster at his own game.

Even lobster has a job..... :D

silverlobster
  • That makes sense...
    What did I get myself into? I got super excited with the points and badges... forgivable rookie mistake I hope.

mmo