Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Movies that you enjoy

13»

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Yes, Suicide Squad is one I look forward to as well. I have not seen the Revenant but I'm sure we will. We get most movies rented or in digital format just to help save space and to avoid spending $50 in gas to go to the movie, lol.

• NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran

Hail, Caesar!

Funny, a Hollywood movie-lover's dream, cute, a bit irreverent, and a keeper!

• IronRabbitIronRabbit Veteran
    edited February 2016

These three with Paul Dano are outstanding.
    The Extra Man
    The Good Heart
    Little Miss Sunshine

• Enjoyed 'The Station Agent'. There are two versions of 'Hail Caesar' I got out the 1994 version which is dire - half an hour of total non hilarity before I gave up ... oops :3

We watched 'Inside Out' (second time for me) today. Everybody seemed to enjoy talking all the way through ... :p

• FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

Mad keen on all Studio Ghibli films. A few that I don't think have been specifically mentioned in this thread:

The Tale of Princess Kaguya
    The Wind Rises
    Pom Poko
    Howl's Moving Castle
    Spirited Away_
    _Whisper of the Heart
    From Up On Poppy Hill

Also the Studio Ghibli documentary Kingdom of Dreams and Madness , is worth a look, and was produced at the time that the first two films in the list were being made. For me, really good animated films are worth watching repeatedly just to study how their movements, effects and moods were created. True of some conventional films as well.

Several books by Dani Cavallaro - The Anime Art of Hayao Miyazaki, The Late Works of Hayao Miyazaki, _and _Hayao Miyazakis World Picture can somewhat enhance appreciation of the films as art.

Also enjoyed:

Moonrise Kingdom
    Beasts of the Southern Wild

Jeroen
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited March 2016

Nearly missed this, as it had mediocre reviews ...
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monk_Comes_Down_the_Mountain

I loved the Taoist and Buddhist philosophy, interspersed with impossible kung fu ...

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited April 2016

A short list of my favourites in no particular order...

Inception - great mind bending thriller
    Chinatown - classic Nicholson gumshoe flick
    Spirited Away - the best of Studio Ghibli's many excellent films
    Kung Fu Hustle - love the mix of music and Kung fu and mysticism
    O Brother Where Art Thou - best of the Coen Brothers, and musical!
    Shawshank Redemption - excellent prison drama

Looking forward to Miles Ahead, Don Cheadle's Miles Davis biopic.