Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A glimpse of reality

EarthninjaEarthninja WandererWest Australia Veteran

Hey guys, I wasn't sure whether to put this on here. But hey, I've been putting this stuff on here for two years so may as well keep going!

Ok well I had a sort of glimpse into "reality" a few days ago. This is going to be hard to put into words but I'll try! Don't take it as fact. Just pointers.

Ok so on the way to work my mind began reeling and heart rate increased. Thoughts began cascading but they were like background noise. There was fear but there was a quiet acceptance.

Anyway so then something changed, I walked into work and realised "me" and the receptionist were both "dreamt" characters. It was really funny for some reason.
The character "me" was training a client, there was no effort at all. I had no idea where the words were coming from.
Later I began inquiring into what was "dreaming" the character. There was just an intuitive knowing "I am that"
You know you are "existence or god or life" labels don't even begin to touch it.
But it's really funny because you don't know what it is and it's ok. You know you are it but only our minds try to give meaning to it. It's the unknowing that is truly awe inspiring.
The mind was like "Wtf is going on?" But it doesn't matter.

The next day I was pulled back into character again but something's changed now.

Hmm it's all incredible really. Anyway I hope this was helpful and not confusing the hell out of everyone. I tried using some borrowed terms to make it easier.
<3

BunksJeffreyShoshinNeleCinorjer

Comments

• Keep calm and carry on B)

Since everything is but an apparition, having nothing to do with good or bad, acceptance or rejection, one may well burst out in laughter
    Longchenpa

EarthninjaJeffrey
  • pegembarapegembara Veteran
    edited September 2015

Dream of existence by Ven. Punnaji

You are not that! That is Advaita. Whatever you can point to isn't you.

All phenomenon are not self (sabbe dhamma anatta).

• EarthninjaEarthninja Wanderer West Australia Veteran

Yeah absolutely, the ego tried to claim the experience but it can't. I really thought that in those moments you know what you are.
    You know you are, but you don't know what it is. The mind can not touch it or box it in anywhere.
    It was also completely spontaneous, I wasn't trying to bring about anything. Just came up.
    We are all this. It's so true that the character never gets it. Even if I say, "I had this crazy experience" it would be a lie. The I never had anything.

• A very liberating realisation, yes? Don't make the mistake of dwelling on it.
    Best wishes.

Earthninjalobsterpegembara

@Gui said:
    A very liberating realisation, yes? Don't make the mistake of dwelling on it.
    Best wishes.

Liberating in one way, the unknown is scary for the mind. It's hard to dwell on this one, which is good. Thanks and best wishes to you!

• I tend to believe, these days :) , that we are living in a realm that works like a computer. It's all maths creating infinite number of holographic illusions. There's practically no egos, no life, no physical world beyond those illusions.

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Red pill or blue pill? ;)

EarthninjaPöljäShoshin
  • I don't believe there are any true choices between the colours. But "you" can modify "your" illusion a lot - and that's so awesome :) .

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

@SpinyNorman said:
    Red pill or blue pill? ;)

I wonder what would have happened if he took both.

• They are the same.

Earthninja
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

A glimpse of reality

@Earthninja As the saying goes... "Reality's for people who can handle drugs" (the drug in this case being "ignorance" it's quite addictive) B)

@Shoshin said:
    A glimpse of reality

Earthninja As the saying goes... "Reality's for people who can handle drugs" (the drug in this case being "ignorance" it's quite addictive) B)

We don't even know we are ignorant until we realise it. So much so we are willing to die over our beliefs.

Then one day you are just sitting on the couch and bang, you realise it's not you living life. You are being lived.

pegembara
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited October 2015

Sorry @Earthninja it should have read "Reality is for people who can't handle drugs"

If you think about it (pun intended).... It's all about conception ... the ultimate realisation /experience is brought down to the conventional level, where one conceptualises what it all means.... and this is where it gets lost in translation-going from feelings/experience into words...

For sure. What is going on can not be grasped. It is beyond words and can not be understood. That's why we feel so wrong, we can not see the unicity because we try see it through the very thing that causes the duality.
    What's going on is more incredible than anything we can imagine.

• Will_BakerWill_Baker Vermont Veteran

What's going on is more incredible than anything we can imagine
    -Agreed and once in a while, if we are fortunate we get to peek beyond the curtain...

Earthninja

@Will_Baker said:
    What's going on is more incredible than anything we can imagine
    -Agreed and once in a while, if we are fortunate we get to peek beyond the curtain...

And realise you are already here ;) This is it! We just continually tell ourselves it's not. Hahah.

Shoshin
  • @Earthninja said:
    Hey guys, I wasn't sure whether to put this on here. But hey, I've been putting this stuff on here for two years so may as well keep going!

Ok well I had a sort of glimpse into "reality" a few days ago. This is going to be hard to put into words but I'll try! Don't take it as fact. Just pointers.

Ok so on the way to work my mind began reeling and heart rate increased. Thoughts began cascading but they were like background noise. There was fear but there was a quiet acceptance.

Anyway so then something changed, I walked into work and realised "me" and the receptionist were both "dreamt" characters. It was really funny for some reason.
    The character "me" was training a client, there was no effort at all. I had no idea where the words were coming from.
    Later I began inquiring into what was "dreaming" the character. There was just an intuitive knowing "I am that"
    You know you are "existence or god or life" labels don't even begin to touch it.
    But it's really funny because you don't know what it is and it's ok. You know you are it but only our minds try to give meaning to it. It's the unknowing that is truly awe inspiring.
    The mind was like "Wtf is going on?" But it doesn't matter.

The next day I was pulled back into character again but something's changed now.

Hmm it's all incredible really. Anyway I hope this was helpful and not confusing the hell out of everyone. I tried using some borrowed terms to make it easier.
    <3

I had precisely the same experience 4 years ago. It happened when I was driving work, and was triggered by separating my focus from thoughts. The same effect can be achieved by labeling your thoughts as illusory.

Earthninja