Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Thank you Buddha

BunksBunks Australia Veteran

I recently read a survey in Australia that stated that 43 was the unhappiest age for a male and 72 (or thereabouts) was the happiest.

I am 44 now.

I'd have to say I am the most content and peaceful I have ever been and have the Buddha to thank for that.

I honestly think I would be pretty unhappy (two small kiddies, demanding job, very little (if any) time to myself) if it weren't for discovering his teachings and this path.

Thanks Buddha!! You're a legend......

KundoNirvanarohitShoshinsilverDavidlobsterVastmindDobs

Comments

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

Heya @Bunks do you have the link for that? I'd be curious to see the stats for females in our place :)

_ / \ _

• @Bunks. I am so very happy to hear that the path has been so productive for you. In the midst of family life its often hard to see clearly in the saha world.

Bunks
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@dhammachick said:
    Heya @Bunks do you have the link for that? I'd be curious to see the stats for females in our place :)

_ / \ _

I heard it on the radio. I found this link to it though it doesn't seem to distinguish between blokes and sheilas!! ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3237106/What-age-happiest-New-report-reveals-age-Australians-satisfied-life-isn-t-think.html

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Isn't it funny how legend becomes leg end when you split it. I love language!

Oh, btw, I'm pretty well content too, at 59 I bloody well ought to be. Couple of niggles here and there, but hey! Pharrell Williams, an' all that!

BunksKundo
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@Bunks said: I recently read a survey in Australia that stated that 43 was the unhappiest age for a male and 72 (or thereabouts) was the happiest.

Is that because Aussies retire to New Zealand? ;)

Shoshin
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@SpinyNorman said:

@Bunks said: I recently read a survey in Australia that stated that 43 was the unhappiest age for a male and 72 (or thereabouts) was the happiest.

Ha! Most Aussies wouldn't know where New Zealand was!

Shoshin
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

It's just off the M6 near Birmingham. (UK, that is...)

Kundo
  • @Bunks said:
    I'd have to say I am the most content and peaceful I have ever been and have the Buddha to thank for that.

I honestly think I would be pretty unhappy (two small kiddies, demanding job, very little (if any) time to myself) if it weren't for discovering his teachings and this path.

Cool.

I feel that is important. It relates to the auspicious conditions for the possibility of nibbana.

People come to Buddhism for a quick fix. Not available. For instant alleviation of duckha. Sorry that is universal. Nothing doing. For a simple technique to make life wonderful. Take these mantras three times daily and be kind to animals ... yep indeedy ...

However a sturdier breed of traveller starts to explore and find the assumptions and conditions that hinder our misappropriation of the path of 84 000 dharmas. They start to implement a path of practice/study/sila implementation etc.

And Yo and Behold, the neoroplasticity of the brain moulds some peace and contentment.

Onward.

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@Bunks said:

@SpinyNorman said:

Except now because we lost the first game to them

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited February 2016

@Bunks said:

...And most Kiwis would like to keep it that way :wink:
    "Thank You Buddha"

BunksKundo
  • Funny, a lot of Americans know exactly where Australia and New Zealand are, but they haven't a clue where Washington DC is. :3

Vastmind
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@Bunks said:
    I recently read a survey in Australia that stated that 43 was the unhappiest age for a male and 72 (or thereabouts) was the happiest.

I am 44 now.

@Bunks you have an awakening mind to thank for that...(...It's the same thing I guess :) )

KundoBunks