Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Rebirth

13»

Comments

• CarlitaCarlita Bastian please! Save us! United States Veteran

@IronRabbit said:

@Carlita said:

@IronRabbit said:
    As for rebirth and where "you" go, answer this question and maybe you will know. What did your face look like before your parents were born?

In other words, no where?

Well, yeah. Reincarnation isn't like "going to heaven" in a Christian sense or going anywhere, period. From a scientific standpoint it is theorized by some that life evolved to disperse the sun's energy beating down on an evolving planet. So, we could say we're just energy and we pass energy on, or disperse it, even after we, and ultimately the planet is dust. So, it isn't an "identity" or a "face" that reincarnates or transitions but an "energy". That explanation is woefully inadequate and over-simplified and there's every possibility that it is wrong. Nothing is as it seems. Sorry about that. Give the Heart Sutra a look regarding "sunyata" or emptiness. Emptiness of identity.

Energy makes more sense than our thoughts floating around in midair. Im sure its simple withoutt the jargon

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Most concepts are actually quite simple when you sense or feel them. Trying to put them into words is usually woefully inadequate though. I really do love the Heart Sutra, it seems like the basis of my entire practice and it encompasses so much of Buddhism within it.

Carlita
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited February 2016

The Heart Sutra is really cool.

I seem to envision it all happening like the hydro-logical system on Earth except I think the Earth is just one of many places with sentient life.

There is the same amount of water here as there ever was. No new water is created and water doesn't go anywhere.

A drop falls into the ocean and will never be that drop again but it is the very same water that is evaporating into clouds from the rainforest. So although it will never be that same unique drop that once fell so gracefully from cloud to ocean in a sense it is all drops.

Don't worry... I put aside time for pondering and am doing just what I'm supposed to be, haha.

• ExNihiloExNihilo Denver, C.O New

I believe an enlightened fully awake sentient being can choose to remain in samsara for the benefit of others.

In the end its not about you.

Carlita