Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Admirable response

ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

http://usuncut.com/news/buddhist-man-beaten/

I thought that this was a good article to start the day out with. It is unfortunate that the attack happened, but, the monks response was as good as it could be.

I don't know if I would be able to feel the same.

lobsterDaozenWalkeryagr

Comments

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

I'm glad you focused on the positive side of the story. What I was mostly thinking was, how could this shaved head Buddhist be mistaken as a Muslim? It seems that the anger is directed at anyone who doesn't fit in and the scary other is by default the scariest of all others, MUSLIMS!

ajhayes
  • It is an admirable response as @ajhayes says. A good way to start the day. Good people doing good. Bravo!

https://www.positive.news

ajhayes
  • DaozenDaozen Veteran

How wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

ajhayes
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@person said:
    I'm glad you focused on the positive side of the story. What I was mostly thinking was, how could this shaved head Buddhist be mistaken as a Muslim? It seems that the anger is directed at anyone who doesn't fit in and the scary other is by default the scariest of all others, MUSLIMS!

I work with an Indian guy who is a Sikh. I asked him why he didn't wear a turban and he said they didn't have to any more as they were being mistaken for Muslims and getting hassled. Sad......

• ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

@Bunks that's really a shame.

• yagryagr Veteran

@person said:
    What I was mostly thinking was, how could this shaved head Buddhist be mistaken as a Muslim?

Not to be purposely uncharitable, but as someone who has been to Hood River and met many of its inhabitants, it is not so confusing.

Bunksajhayes