Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Pre-emptive Well Being

Most of us know pre-emptive well being in the form of the Eight fold path. It is the essential strengthening of the spiritual immune system. A sort of Buddhist pro-biotic. Without a doubt our major tool is the diversity of regular and irregular meditations. I recommend meditation a lot as many here do, so let us examine some of the 'other stuff':

• Humour makes us more able to cope and also examine issues that are keen to dismiss. It is healthy, stimulating our immune system. Laughing is good for us.
  • Music changes, enhances and improves our mood. As lay people, we can improve our life through sound. I tend to like silence, so not my tool of choice.
  • Kindness. I think most of us are or aspire to this quality, even if only to ourself or our favourite cushion.

What do you find increases your well being?

ShoshinRuddyDuck9Cinorjer

Comments

• SwaroopSwaroop India Veteran

Exercise. Nothing like a workout to keep the blues away.

RuddyDuck9Cinorjerpossibilitieslobster
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Helping others. It's my job, but some of those in the Service Industry, for various reasons, do it better than others. I love it. If a person in service loves their job, they tend to do it a lot better than those who find it a chore or an ordeal...I enjoy it so much, that I actually get repeat customers who would rather come to me to be served, than go to others. In a small, local family-run shop, you'd expect such closeness between the proprietor and their customers. But in a high-turnover High-street department store, it's not bad going.

SwaroopRuddyDuck9Cinorjer
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Nature. A bicycle ride in the dunes or a walk along the beach usually cheers me up.

Cinorjer
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    edited July 2016

I love nature! I'm a bit of an amateur naturist naturalist.

RuddyDuck9
  • SwaroopSwaroop India Veteran

@SpinyNorman what is the difference between an amateur naturist and a pro?

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I'm an ex-naturist. You're going to wish you'd never asked.....

WalkerDairyLama
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@Swaroop said:
    @SpinyNorman what is the difference between an amateur naturist and a pro?

One does it for fun, the other for money. ;)

lobsterJeroenSteve_BCinorjer
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

@Swaroop said:
    Exercise. Nothing like a workout to keep the blues away.

Too right. <3

Up two three four. Crawl to cushion. Sit upright, two three four ... B)

My favourite are in order of preference:

work/chores - mindful exertion
    walking/cycling - my preferred transport systems

I would do prostrations but quite enjoy getting somewhere as well ... ;)

Thanks guys B)

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

Being grateful for the little things.
    Being grateful for what we have.

• RuddyDuck9RuddyDuck9 MD, USA Veteran

What they said!

DairyLama
  • Nature in our increasingly virtual world is one of my favoured places. The sky for expansion, the ground for earthing. Growing stuff in between.

Good one.

RuddyDuck9
  • BeejBeej Human Being Veteran
    edited August 2016

@lobster said: Laughing is good for us.

I can't remember who said this or where i heard it, but this quote comes to mind: "We don't laugh because we are happy. We are happy because we laugh." =)

RuddyDuck9Tara1978lobster