Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Can I put Hindu gods on a Buddha shrine at home

I have a beautiful Buddhist shrine at home but I would like to purchase a Hindu god Ganesh , Lakshmi , shiva to put on the shrine do u think it would be right to do that of so how would you arrange it

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Do whatever you want. It's your shrine. They're only personifications of specific ideals and qualities. Do whatever you want. There are no 'wrongs or rights' when it comes to your own spirituality.

Dalia2016Kundo
  • Yes, that is fine. My local Theravadin Buddhist temple has Lakshmi, Hanuman and even a Christian cherub in the grounds ...

In Tantra Ganesh is one of the protectors and is usually placed below Shakyamuni or the other Boddhisattvas. It depends on your inclinations, a Hindu might place Shiva above Shakyamuni Buddha. I have an iPad and Hindu incense/agarbathi on mine.

Dalia2016Cinorjer
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Hmm now that you mention it I have seen both an iPad and a smartphone in my meditations...

BrainDancingNige
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

I arrange them as "in attendance" and away from center.

I have a couple of "mini" shrines around the house. Ganesha is in one but is also a statue in the corner of the room.

I would add the Trimurti but haven't come across a set.

• Dalia2016Dalia2016 London New

Oh ok sounds lovely I have Lakshmi who's in the corner of my shrine my Buddha is high up