Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Interruption or Reinforcement?

So I was sitting on the floor meditating a few days ago when I felt something rough and wet licking my hand. One of our cats decided he needed to let me know he loved me. I couldn't help but smile. He needed to kiss me THEN. Not in five minutes but that instant. How perfectly in the now. Particularly poignant that same cat has become critically ill and will not be around more than a few days. Somehow he knew that.

BunksFosdickShoshinlobsterHozanTigger

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Metta to you @ThomB and your animal companion (the cat), may your companion have a safe and peaceful departure <3

• TiggerTigger Toronto, Canada Veteran

I would call that beautiful reinforcement!

• ZeroZero Veteran

@ThomB said:
    One of our cats decided he needed to let me know he loved me.
    Particularly poignant that same cat has become critically ill and will not be around more than a few days. Somehow he knew that.

This is an interruption as it is speculating on behalf of the cat.

He needed to kiss me THEN. Not in five minutes but that instant. How perfectly in the now.

Is it significant, given that particular instant was 5 minutes away both from an instant 5 minutes before and 5 minutes after?