Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A Bow of Respect to all my NB Sangha

Comments

• HozanHozan Veteran

Metta and Love to You All !

• DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited June 2017

Thanks for the interesting topics you contribute! :)

HozanBuddhadragon
  • HozanHozan Veteran

@Dakini said:
    Thanks for the interesting topics you contribute! :)

Same to you @Dakini :awesome:

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

Thank you, @Hozan.
    Much metta to you <3
    And you chose my favourite naughty boy there...???

Hozan
  • HozanHozan Veteran

@DhammaDragon said:
    Thank you, @Hozan.
    Much metta to you <3
    And you chose my favourite naughty boy there...???

Bruce Lee = Awesome

Buddhadragon
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

Back at cha! ??

BuddhadragonHozan
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

HozanKundo
  • paulysopaulyso usa Veteran

bruce lee.that gif image ,made me remember,what he said in a tv interview.he said be like water.that always stuck with me in my brain.nature can be a source of inspiration and insight.this be connected to like a river move around obstacle such as rocks.i am paraphrasing,lao-tzue.

BuddhadragonHozan
  • KannonKannon NAMU AMIDA BUTSU Ach-To Veteran

@paulyso Look up the book "Living as a River" it is a 6 part meditation focusing on the elements and nature backed with science and commentary. It was a great read, you will probably enjoy it. I think I read it too early in my practice.

And to the original point, I love NB. This site has definitely widened my understanding and compassion of others but most importantly myself. Its so great to have a Sangha here when I don't have one elsewhere. Namaste to all

HozanBuddhadragonlobsterpaulyso
  • HozanHozan Veteran

@eggsavior said:
    @paulyso Look up the book "Living as a River" it is a 6 part meditation focusing on the elements and nature backed with science and commentary. It was a great read, you will probably enjoy it. I think I read it too early in my practice.

And to the original point, I love NB. This site has definitely widened my understanding and compassion of others but most importantly myself. Its so great to have a Sangha here when I don't have one elsewhere. Namaste to all

Namaste! I echo that! This too is my sangha and one which I am most grateful for.

I'm guessing you are a Star Wars fan @eggsavior ?

• paulysopaulyso usa Veteran

thank you eggsavior for recommending the book.i have a feeling im going to like it alot.

Buddhadragon
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

On a more serious note ...

Learning the bodhi-language of submission and missionary, active and passive is one of the ways the advanced enlightened yogis convey teaching through physical presence. Bowing is just a pale, formal ritual in comparison ...
    https://bookofresearch.wordpress.com/2014/12/19/the-legend-of-the-yogi-man-orang-malu-also-known-as-the-weeping-buddha-or-shy-man-buddha/

Submission and missionary...
    I am leaning more towards one of the fifty shades of Grey here...??

HozanKundolobster
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@Hozan said:

These Irish folk are a bit of a worry ???

BuddhadragonHozanShoshinmmo

Could it be my Irish genes that make me soooo irreverent? ;)

KundoHozanShoshin
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Loooooove Sam Elliott!!

silver

@Hozan Why yes I am! Seeing Luke prevail through compassion and love was inspiring. I am very interested in the ties between Star Wars and Buddhism. There is a book I want to buy called the Dharma of Star wars. Have you heard of it?

@paulyso you're welcome! I hope it helps to teach you about what you're seeking

BuddhadragonHozan
  • HozanHozan Veteran

@eggsavior I haven't heard of it but it sounds really interesting! Thank you for the recommendation!❤❤

• ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

A bow and a crisp high five to all of you.

Hozanlobster

@Hozan There was a great essay I found online that connected Star Wars to Shin Buddhism but after some digging I believe the website got revamped and the link is no longer active. Such a shame, it really opened my eyes to Amida Buddha...and I love anything that frames Luke as a Buddhist. It was a fun read. I will continue looking.

http://use-the-force.wikia.com/wiki/Jodo_Shinshu

now I think we should stop posting unless we make a new thread...for star wars...

a bow of respect to my NB sangha for tolerating constant off-shoots in conversation o:)

Hozan
  • HozanHozan Veteran

Is that you on the right @lobster ?

lobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited June 2017

Swine before pearls ...
    Sadly this escaped bacon was not saved by her devotions ... or the chanting namo amitofo of local Buddhist tourists or of the heart sutra by a monk ...

OM MANI PEME HOG