Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

just a Thought

Just showing this out there:

Life is good
Sometimes it hurts like hell
But life is still good

Shoshinlobster

Comments

• That is a hard one @Lionduck
    When the pain is overwhelming, physical, emotional, circumstantial, illness, baddest karma.

Hell has layers.

Just as people are different in how to be good
    https://buddhistpage.com/six-kinds-temperaments-carita/

A good life can be variable ...

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Thus have I heard:

"There is nothing bad or good but that thinking makes it so."

Shakespeare. Among others, in fewer, or more, words.

Bunkslobster
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

It depends on how you choose to suffer, I guess.

Kundofederica
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@Kerome said:
    It depends on how you choose to suffer, I guess.

This 100%

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

just a Thought
    Life is good

....Relatively speaking ... :)

lobster
  • Of course life is full of uncertainty with al of its ups ad downs. My life has been no exception. Indeed, as with everyone else, I have been buffeted by the Eight Winds. But through it all, through my growth and understanding as a person and as Buddhist, I have found life really is good. The path of my life is filled with honor and censure, with health and sickness, with times of joy and sorrow. That is what happens as we live. But, as long as I am alive, I can change my karma, I can use my gains and losses to better my life and those I interact with and perhaps people I will never know.

Life happens.
    As a Buddhist, I am able to take each moment and make its a moment of value.
    As a worker, I built a reputation of dependability, helpfulness and respect. As a coach and manager, I was able to develop my trainees and those in my group to grow, to turn weaknesses into strengths, to succeed. I have turned loss into gain.

Loss, such as the loss of a child enabled me to better develope my empathy for other who have suffered loss, to help them to change their loss into the opportunity to grow and for they and myself to each become stronger as a person both internally and interactions with others. Loss is a part of life, as is hope, and gain and challenge.

Life is not easy, but life is rewarding, life is a voyage, and for all its ups and downs, life is very good.

paulysolobsterJeffreyperson
  • paulysopaulyso usa Veteran

learning to be easily satisfied.when needs are met--food and shelter--life can be rich.life is dynamic and we dance with it. buddhism helps us to respond to dukkha and nirvana in causal moments...learn and grow with change.

JeroenlobsterJeffrey
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited March 2019

Learning to be friendly towards oneself and one’s thoughts. Just because it happens within your own mind is no reason to be unkind towards others or yourself. It can shift your whole attitude towards your thoughts by teaching you to be friendly inside.

lobsterJeffreyLionduck