Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

world of authenticity

genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Found myself writing earlier today....

There is no truth of which lying is not an element just as there is no lie of which truth is not an element.

This, I suspect, is the world of grown-ups.

Ain't it enough to piss off the pope?

Luckily or unluckily, there will always be some poor blighter who claws at and clings to the notion that somehow this is not true.

And in this way, the merry-go-round chases its endless, authentic tail.

What do you think?

Lionduck

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Reminds me of:

The Truth and The Lie met one day. The Lie said to the Truth: "It's a marvellous day today"! The Truth looked up to the skies and sighed, for the day was really beautiful. They spent a lot of time together, ultimately arriving beside a well. The Lie said to the Truth: "The water is very nice, let's take a bath together!" The Truth, once again suspicious, tested the water and discovered that it indeed was very nice.
    They undressed and started bathing.
    Suddenly, The Lie came out of the water, put on the clothes of The Truth and ran away. The furious Truth came out of the well and ran everywhere to find The Lie and to get her clothes back.
    The World, seeing The Truth naked, turned its gaze away, with confusion, contempt and rage.
    The poor Truth returned to the well and disappeared forever, hiding therein, her shame.

Since then, The Lie travels around the world, dressed as the Truth, satisfying the needs of society, because, the World, in any case, harbours no wish at all to meet the naked Truth.

ShoshinKundolobsterLionduck
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited July 2019

Everything evolves...will come to mean nothing is true !

~Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche~

• lobsterlobster Veteran

... talking of stories ...

In a time when life and death are as meaningless as their opposites, we find a truth that lies. For the truth says I am unknowable and the unknowable says I am the truth.

https://tinyurl.com/y4uo6rm8

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

The Tao that can be told is not the Tao.

Tao te Ching

adamcrossleylobster
  • 'Nuff said.

Shoshin