Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Toxic Beauty

lobsterlobster Veteran
edited February 2020 in Diet & Habits

As everyone clings to youth and loveliness, we find a high price for such behavour ...
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9541486/

Toxic Beauty is a documentary feature film with exclusive access to scientists, lawyers, advocates, regulators, politicians, a dynamic whistle blower, survivors and women who have lost their lives. It follows the class action lawsuit against J&J and the plaintiffs, personal stories of women fighting for justice in a race against time with this deadly disease. Woven throughout the film is a human experiment. We document, as Boston University medical student, Mymy Nguyen, measures her chemical body burden from over 27 products. Scientists monitor her shocking results. In the end, the film meets the companies and people who offer solutions and optimism for safer, toxicant free cosmetics.

Must admit I could only manage half an hour of this documentary, before going to wash my hair ...

We have discussed cleaning products but what about face and body poisoning?
My beauty routine involves looking in the mirror and poking my tongue out ...

Gloop and face muck is one of the things nuns give up. Maybe we might all train in Bodhisattva gurning ...
or is that that too much of an about face?

Bunks

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

It seems like a good thing to spend attention on. It’s not only beauty products which contribute to the body’s chemical burden, it’s also pesticides on vegetables and fruit, food supplements, cleaning products, medicines, toothpaste, hormones and antibiotics in meat, and so on.

Being a man, the most I use for beauty products is my beard trimmer every few weeks, but I try to eat organic and pescetarian, with as few artificial additives and medicines as possible.

I thought some of the gurning efforts were impressive, probably the result of quite a few years practicing in front of the mirror. Anti-beauty is worth a few pints of ale...

• There are safe alternatives. It effects male and female and children.
    http://www.safecosmetics.org/

OK I watched the whole thing. Yuk. Corporate negligence.

@Kerome, handwash, talc and deodarants and even some 'natural' essential oils are implicated.