For anyone living in Australia, the UK or the USA
Please see the invite below to participate in an online research study by Melbourne University on the effects of meditation.
It takes about 10 minutes to fill out initially and apparently it's only about 3 minutes a week for 8 weeks.
We are looking for participants, between 18-75 years of age, living in Australia, UK, or the US, who plan to start or already have an active mindfulness/meditation practice.
What you will do:
• Start or continue to practice mindfulness/meditation (any practice inspired by or consistent with the general principles of paying attention to your experience, on purpose, in the present moment, with acceptance/non-judgment/discernment)
• Complete 3-9 surveys totaling 25 minutes over 8 weeks (avg = 3min/week)
• As you begin the study, you will be entered into a drawing for 1 of 10 electronic giftcards* with value equivalent to AU$100.
• If you complete surveys through the first month (regardless of whether you continue to practice), you will be entered into another draw for 1 of 10 electronic giftcards* with value equivalent to AU$100.
• If you complete surveys through the second month (regardless of whether you continue to practice), you will be entered into a final draw for 1 of 10 electronic giftcards* with value equivalent to AU$200.
Additionally, you have the option to complete a personality measure (~ 2 minutes) at the beginning and at the end of the study. If you opt to do so, you will be entered into an additional draw for 1 of 10 electronic giftcards with value equivalent to AU$50 at each time.
*e.g., giftcards can be selected among GiftPay/Amazon/eBay/iTunes
To participate, follow this link:
Responsible Researcher: Dr. Nicholas Van Dam, Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences, University of Melbourne (Tel: 8344 3644 E: email@example.com)
Approved by the University of Melbourne Ethics Committee, HREC# 2056439
Nicholas T. Van Dam, B.S., M.A.(Clin Psy), Ph.D.
Senior Lecturer | Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences
Deputy Director | Brain and Mental Health Hub
| Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
| University of Melbourne, VIC 3010, Australia
office: 816 Redmond Barry Bldg
office phone: +61 (0)3 8344 3644
mobile phone: +61 04 3447 4929