Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Ginkgo Biloba

ShanJieshi2ShanJieshi2 bahia blanca Veteran

1400 year old Ginkgo Tree

The Ginkgo is a living fossil, with fossils recognizably related to modern Ginkgo from the Permian Age, dating back 270 million years.

270 million years is way before our present civilization took its form. But nonetheless it is a living reminder, a reminder of the Natural Dharma which existed long before the human creature made its aggressive presence known.

So it represents the Dharma even beyond the BuddhaDharma we practice and the Buddhism which has become popular today.

lobsterJeroenKotishkaShoshin1BunksFleaMarket

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I remember hearing about the extract’s supposedly excellent effects on memory…

Shoshin1
  • @Jeroen said:

Yeah thanks @Jeroen I forgot about that ;)

JeroenKotishkalobster
  • @Jeroen said:

I keep forgetting to take mine. :(

Bunks
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

It's my absolute favourite tree...
    I have a mirror embellished with metal Ginkgo leaves, a pendant from the same maker, of leaves, again, in metal, and a photograph of a wall-hanging of Leaves.
    Oh and, of course, I have a tree in a pot...

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

FleaMarketBunksKotishka