Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

All things Penguin

Dear friends of Penguins/Linux,

My long term plan is to have a GNU-Debian or hosted server, providing Dharma. That is right, computer bodhi!

Will the Buddha Maitreya be using what she is given OR be advocating for a better enlightened interface? I spent last night trying to set up Fedora 40 on my laptop. More to do.
https://distrowatch.com/

Any other plans to provide dharma-bots? Programs for Buddha?

https://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?t=10289

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I am a friend of Penguins…

lobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

@Jeroen glad to hear it.
    Arch penguin, Linux/Linux Torvald uses Mac hardware for kernel creation.

If you have spare hardware and a willingness to write in a language of your choice for BSD, Gnu-Debian or other Linux, we could get together a small group of hardcore seekers, finders and Buddhist Mayhem Mahayanists?

Tee Hee!

Here is my current email for those interested ... cructacean2@protonmail.com

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I’m afraid I don’t have any spare hardware to install Linux on, I only have my iMac which is pretty recent and still runs up to date MacOS versions. But I can do a little research for you, and help with the technical planning.

So what is the ultimate goal, a dharma-bot?

• lobsterlobster Veteran

The ultimate goal is dependent on circumstances. For example, spare connected time and space on any device can b used by some FOSS and FLOSS projects. That includes Apple, Android phones and the variety of OS out there ...

Technical planning on existing projects already exists. I suggest we communicate with private messaging here and see who else if anyone is interested ...