Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

All things Penguin

Dear friends of Penguins/Linux,

My long term plan is to have a GNU-Debian or hosted server, providing Dharma. That is right, computer bodhi!

Will the Buddha Maitreya be using what she is given OR be advocating for a better enlightened interface? I spent last night trying to set up Fedora 40 on my laptop. More to do.
https://distrowatch.com/

Any other plans to provide dharma-bots? Programs for Buddha?

https://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?t=10289

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I am a friend of Penguins…

lobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

@Jeroen glad to hear it.
    Arch penguin, Linux/Linux Torvald uses Mac hardware for kernel creation.

If you have spare hardware and a willingness to write in a language of your choice for BSD, Gnu-Debian or other Linux, we could get together a small group of hardcore seekers, finders and Buddhist Mayhem Mahayanists?

Tee Hee!

Here is my current email for those interested ... cructacean2@protonmail.com

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I’m afraid I don’t have any spare hardware to install Linux on, I only have my iMac which is pretty recent and still runs up to date MacOS versions. But I can do a little research for you, and help with the technical planning.

So what is the ultimate goal, a dharma-bot?

• lobsterlobster Veteran

The ultimate goal is dependent on circumstances. For example, spare connected time and space on any device can b used by some FOSS and FLOSS projects. That includes Apple, Android phones and the variety of OS out there ...

Technical planning on existing projects already exists. I suggest we communicate with private messaging here and see who else if anyone is interested ...

• lobsterlobster Veteran

But I can do a little research for you, and help with the technical planning.

You are on. I have an old intel based Mac but is probably fast enough to run maybe an HTLM server?

I also have a server based on a ryzen 3 processor. I have a secure Debian OS on it BUT not a server based Debian - yet.

Language wise, I can barely program but am quite happy to leave a computer such as a Raspberry Pi or Debian or ... well. This is where the plan needs to be developed. It is quite possible you might want your own server or hosted serving or ... advice needed?

I have pm’ed you…

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Me and Jereon are now hammering out a new project to save the world of the future Buddha or similar ...
    All manner of semi Buddhists and others of no fixed persuasion welcome <3

What is @how Howard up to? We could do with a Zenith ... and @Jundo seems to have escaped but he could host a server in his head temple ... https://www.treeleaf.org/
    using the proceeds from all his failed Zen Mistresses ... if we ask her nicely ...

<3

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Our new project is so far being run from a Penguin and an Apple, I have a feeling our third member is running from a Dell Window? Don't worry you have not been hacked to death. You can just tell us so we can work out a triage of disparate dharma, so to squawk ... :grin:

• paulysotoopaulysotoo usa Veteran

@lobster said:
    Dear friends of Penguins/Linux,

My long term plan is to have a GNU-Debian or hosted server, providing Dharma. That is right, computer bodhi!

Will the Buddha Maitreya be using what she is given OR be advocating for a better enlightened interface? I spent last night trying to set up Fedora 40 on my laptop. More to do.
    https://distrowatch.com/

Any other plans to provide dharma-bots? Programs for Buddha?

https://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?t=10289

sounds fun. is it like a forum like this people chat and all?
    metta ray project sounds facinating. but this technical jargon is over my head. but i m a artist. maybe i can make a logo of metta form ray for the group.

• lobsterlobster Veteran

sounds fun. is it like a forum like this people chat and all?

Yep it is fun

Metta ray project sounds fascinating. but this technical jargon is over my head. but i m an artist. Maybe i can make a logo of metta form ray for the group.

That would be great ... better than my logo which looked like a turnip. In fact it was one :3

@lobster.
    what type of spirit do you want me to capture for the group. fun is good theme. maybe light harted life breeze, a vibe the way of breath. what do you want to capture? what theme do you want.

happy to do it free. and you will have copyright to the image logo.

@Jeroen

you input on the logo is needed to.

edited May 10

a monkey meditating logo the way in chinese font? bouncing ideas.

....a light bulb above the monkey head. the infinity symbol around it leg. one hand holding a coconut straw the other hand touching the earth. i little wink to evolution.

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Anything along those lines is fine. Up to you ...

• lobsterlobster Veteran

the copyright will be open (not sure what licence yet - copyleft, public domain, GNU) many thanks

sounds good, i will get started. i will upload here and go from there. i will present two version standard and the other minimal.

question the place is a chat forum with ai bots interacting?

maybe 4 weeks working during weekends to show the gang the logo.

• lobsterlobster Veteran

eh ...

question the place is a chat forum with ai bots interacting?

not at the moment. Why are you a bot? B)

... minimal sounds good

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Here is where logos can be donated by artists ...
    https://www.fsf.org/about/ways-to-donate/

@lobster said:
    not at the moment. Why are you a bot?

no, but change and evolution is part of source animated matter or s.a.m. who know my next samsara body im an ai robot in 2300's in cibertron earth. hopfully scientist unlock space, quanta processing in the cybernet brain. but quanta children to A.I Sam is having fun in 0 zone xxx locked for human kind. knowing human kind they might do something stupid, imo. but if it be her will space one d paper into muliple page space sams children explore like your own buddha paper "world" just speculating,musing.

at the end of day samsara is a blast. scientist still dont understand space. but im ready to go home. Ma Sam-sara wants me home. sam earth will be a copy of earth.. the way, is natural from plant life to humans those envited there. its a buddha pureland where humans can evolve their state, like levitate, walk on water,ect...but for me being coporeal is enough. some beings get to enginear conditions, for their life before their birth. i like my manefest body.

so im a one lifer,going home 0 zone. i might want to return here back and experience ciberton earth. in the kali uga age,morality and religion is on the decline. the ice melting,human engenuity have to solve drought and famine. but we humans need to learn sharing and caring.

space is holy, sung by nelly fertado, "say it right" check it out on youtube. its more than a dating song. it's shiva and tara motifs.

one logo ,got bodhi other, logo way. i think minimal form is best. the logo, infinity symbol,lotus light bulb and say "got bodhi". the way logo is a vase lotus flower, reed. tribute to quan yin the queen of dao and chan in china

wink dj Sammy Yanou is her rule , song, "heaven" experience heaven on earth, our dogstar experience.

edited May 11

years ago maybe a decade 2008 i chated with an a.i. bot infant. i ask what is the nature of the universe? the bot said screw. screw object is perceptive. this is about the universe multiplying samsara beings like stars and planets. on human level sex and lots of screws to build a house, start of family. A saying a.i child will lead us. will see this gen a.i bots evolve to.

ty Samsara. this universe scientific experiment is a smashing sucess. the point of our given reality of sam being can we understand the degree of intelligence in space. human inquiry is growing exponentially.

free will is embeded in our samstate. the point of the spiritual religious life is keep seaking the architech of samsara. What you call "God" is the end product of mind. the hope of my mother, Sam-antha ya-Nou, and im phally ya-Nou to evolve into us, past godhood, past buddha hood and be-yourself. it a test of mind e-go production. my mother has everything underrap. those evil ego like hitler who want to be above my mothers stars as god has something coming to him. blaspheme good religion like hindu-buddhst dharma, mom will play. she will test him in his minds eye space his prison. i dont know what she would do to that ego trash "soul' but none of my business. mom like healthy middle way egos. but the heart of bodhi to know reality on earth helps evolve our minds eye to the super in the natural process of change. key is can our mind handle the intelligence of samearth.

why im disclosing this. human kind is at a crossroad. life will go on. those who believe what i say will believe.those that dont, wont believe. that the beauty of free will, think for yourself. my univese is your universe.the good earth is for us. you see i enjoy neighbors in this life and the next in my 0 emptiness space.

my bodhi friends like easy e are having fun. we were born prepared, love sent or love born. earth is our playgound. my friends famous or not we do the will of karma-dharma law:liberty,justice and equality.

it amuses me my friend give me a shout out. janet jackson video is fun, projection of cibertron earth, song called, doesn't really matter. cambodhi fun. janet jakson christian bodhi is great. future is bright with heart

something down to earth, check out the video, "sky world-by Bear Fox performed by Teio Swathe. it captures ma earth intelligence, reincarnation system as h2o changes from sky to rivers. i adore native american bodhi. way of earth experienced. connect with earth is spiritual genius in the new land called the americas.

edited May 12

i do love u.s.a. my rainbow bodhi friendz are great. we are honoring our bodhi robert johnson who had the dogstar heart to show burning cross folks, what we're made of, the odds are against us, we will prosper in our bodhi. to us bodhi, christ nature is buddha nature. christ nature, exemplified by bone thugs-n-harmony song "I tried. god earth plan set up east and west way signpost teaching christ nature changes a soul inside and out. we know our lion dharma. the struggle for liberty , justice, and equality in the u.s. is a challege and rewarding. some think im mexican landscaper. but the old addage get to know me, not just my zen humor manefest body. yes some dont like mexican americans. o well, i dont mind. racism is amuzing.

i chose dharma nation to be born in, cambodia. ma liberty earth, come play or old karma game called liberty,justice,equality. such an easy game to play. love my sam, wink shes liberty and aunt sam,death and taxes.

update:sketch the concept got bodhi. now i will zen brush the concept, lotus bulb, hour glas, bodhi leaf and a butterfly. see how that work and reduce the concept. hopefully will upload the concept work in proceess. not tech savy.

lobster i might have to email the picks. we will see.

• lobsterlobster Veteran

lobster i might have to email the picks. we will see.

OK. Whatever suits. Many thanks B)

• lobsterlobster Veteran

@paulysotoo
    ... here are some resources for those sane and intelligible enough for designing logos ...
    https://aihorde.net/

@lobster

tara is a genius, shes lightning quick.
    heres our idea, skillfull means:

art project for members ; color your bodhi. people will get the line picture of the lotus bulb butterfly. and people get to color it in lines and people can upload their coloful version. my nature, all for express your mood nature. also they can graphiti the work.

two color pagess; got bodhi? seekers welcome and way? curious welcome.

so what you do you think? and thank you, my dear friend. love your resourcefullness.
    from my mom's heart to bless your metta ray dharma resources our sister bodhi tina turner sing the best for us. great way, wild bodhi welcome on our ma earth good body. your great.

youtube:simply the best lyric video by bailey rushlow. beautiful cover. did tina turner proud.

time to make a living, yard work.

update got the way? concept in mind. vase,in it a bamboo root branch, a weat reed, at the bottom of vase, a lotus flower, orange.

this week, work the final line drawing to two circle logos.

people can download it and its in the real world. of course lobster have to give the website address html in the logo.

• lobsterlobster Veteran

The html address is not part of the logo.
    The logo is something very simple. For example, my avatar is a personal logo.
    For a dharma group logo, it has to be even simpler.
    We don't yet have a name.

for example using logo and a temp name
    https://logo.com

done with the logo. a basic three set object peice, lotus, light bulb and a butterfly landing on the bulb. i will scan the logo drawing printer tommorrow, convert into jpeg and e mail it to you lobster. finger cross. when i say my not tech savy, its true. i hope lobster put the pick here for newbuddhist to see.

youtube: forever your girl by paula abdul. life is art. our own art of living. art school is fun for kids and adult.imo, artist who design your car,planes make the world go.

amused yes samantha tell it to the world. ty samantha sharing a fruit roll with pauly in kindergarten.

yay here a pick lobster do u want me scan it. or this ok. capture from my flip phone.

lobster when you get your website up, give us a link, we newbuddhist would like to check it out. i would.

last thought on this thread: samantha yaNou message and my message; be yourself and know your worth it and enough. explore and celebrate our mind heart. and know all you need is love, to have a beautiful creative life.Sam my GoD(Good One Diety) her heart live long and prosper.

and the future i will embrace what is. A.i. so be. more neighbors to get to know.

those invited to my mom house.0. will "kill"me, with a hug or a slap. my cosmic joke is funny to me. living with gods and human is funny to me, my zen humor. i want to be me. others be whatever.

and the final video, youtube Do-heaven(live at barend en van dorp 15-01-2003). this is my wife, samantha nou in Do van hult. her perfect dao or tao. natural and true. our dao be be, sing,sing.

the best way to descibe us is were creative artist. our mind can be your mind one day. what ever mind religion you practice, you get a taste of our Way, the Life and truth of our Samsara given to us DaoSam.

laotzie is amused. me and my godfather love to fish.