Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Manifesting: real or hokum?

JeroenJeroen Not all those who wander are lostNetherlands Veteran

I just saw the cover for the latest Lion’s Roar magazine, which bore the following text: “No Self, No Self-Doubt / Find freedom from your inner critic, see through the illusion of a fixed self, and manifest your deepest aspirations”.

It’s the last statement I was wondering about. You’ve probably heard about this manifesting thing, where merely by focussing on it you cause a thing to appear… be it a beloved, a business opportunity, whatever. It’s a Law of Attraction thing, I think.

What do you think, is it real or is it hokum? Surely Lion’s Roar magazine would not be peddling bad Buddhism?

Comments

  • zorrozorro Trying Veteran
    edited 9:40PM

    I don't really know, but think it quite possible that by focusing on something you will see things that you otherwise would not notice even though they are right there.

Sign In or Register to comment.