Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Buddhist Tattoos

1235»

Comments

• hello everyone, i took a couple classes on buddhism in college and i found the philosophy of it and it's way of life to be very meaningful and something to strive for. i was interested in getting a tattoo of the word "brahma viharas". i want to get it in english because i'm a white american and know nothing of the other languages and scripture but i wanted to make sure that this word was accurate because when i check online, sometimes the word is spelled "brahmaviharas" or "brahmavihara" or "brahma viharas" and i wanted to know if there was a correct way to spell it or if they had different meanings. i love what it stands for and want to get this to remind me of the way i would like to live my life.
  • What do tattoos have to do with understanding Buddhism? Or even understanding tattoos? It's just art, that's all. Doesn't need explaining or justification. It's just art.
  • What do tattoos have to do with understanding Buddhism? Or even understanding tattoos? It's just art, that's all. Doesn't need explaining or justification. It's just art.
    If you like Buddhist tattoos then get one. If you like. If you don't like them, then don't get one. Simple as that. To each his own. Judge not lest ye be judged. Etc.

• HondenHonden Dallas, TX Veteran
    I got this one a few months ago, figured it was simple for a first tattoo...I might go back and get something with more imagery.
  • I got this one a few months ago, figured it was simple for a first tattoo...I might go back and get something with more imagery.
    what does it says?

i wanted to get a "sati" tattoo in pali script but could never find it on the internet...
  • HondenHonden Dallas, TX Veteran
    Om Mani Padma Hum, took a while to decide on what color to use...sounds like a simple choice but since it's going to be there for a while, you want to make sure you're okay with the decision. :)

I thought about getting "Impermanence" on the other arm and figured it would eventually become faded...how fitting.