Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How was your day?

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Are pancakes really flat then?
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    No they're spherical, but fourth dimensional, so they appear flat...

Palzang
  • edited January 2010
    that explains why they land on the floor when i try to toss them then.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    It also explains why you feel so full after eating them because you're only seeing a bit of what you're actually eating!

Palzang
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited January 2010
    LOL! I'm honestly don't know if moon landing are hoaxes or not... but as long as we find a foothold on another planet so in a billion years the expanding Sun doesn't cook our great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandchildren :)
    Palzang, I am perfectly aware that the world is infact a pyramid:rolleyes:
    Has anybody thought that if a newby came across this site they'd think what a bunch of lunatics we are :lol:
    Love & Peace
    Joe
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    When Tibetans first came to this country back in the 1970s they were surprised to find that the sky here was blue just like it is in Tibet. Why? Because they took the desciption of Mt. Meru literally, and the four faces of Mt. Meru are all a different color, so our direction it should have been yellow (or green, I don't remember).

Palzang

PS BTW, we are all loony.
  • edited January 2010
    Palzang wrote: »
    ..... we are all loony.

No... only those obsessed with the MOON; luna(moon) + tics :lol:
    edited January 2010
    Really!!
    WoooooWoooooooooWooooooo I'm a firetruck crazy WooooooooWooooWoooooooooo
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    sukhita wrote: »
    No... only those obsessed with the MOON; luna(moon) + tics :lol:

OK, let me rephrase that: Anyone who has a pineal gland is looney.

(pineal gland = third eye in amphibians and such = keeps track of diurnal rhythms = controlled by phases of moon as well as light and dark)

Palzang
  • edited January 2010
    If people can't believe in the moon landing fact - how are they gonna believe they have this little "rice grain size" third eye burried deep inside their brain. ;)
    edited January 2010
    That's how we see what we're thinking... It's all so simple now! :buck:
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    See? Biology/Cosmology/Psychology is really easy!

Palzang
  • edited January 2010
    See? Biology/Cosmology/Psychology is really easy!

Palzang

Yes, I see..... :cool:
    edited January 2010
    Em... I'm lost :buck:
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Cool, in the 30's (Farenheit) Midwest USA for this time of year not bad. Still want to make it to your lovely country though. I hate to say I started to become interested in England after having a penpal from Staffordshire for 3 years as a youth. It will happen.
    edited January 2010
    I want to travel ze world! Mainly europe though, maybe America and Buddhist places too... ooo and Africa... Oh for goodness sake the whole world then :o
    I might live where I do now though, my family have lived in the same village I have for five hundred years and before that we came from the Netherlands, I have family all over the world so I could visit them! I have my Mother's side of the family in Dundee, Scotland, I have second & third cousins in Germany, North & South America, so quite a lot of places, and my great aunt wants to move to France, so I've got relatives everywhere :D
    edited January 2010
    And long lost relatives in the Netherlands and Ireland
    Love & Peace
    Joe
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Joe, I think travel is one of the best things a person can do. The more different it is from the place you live, the better. It gives you a much better sense of the world and how different people live, as well as how alike we all really are. I would recommend Asia. It's very different from the West, a lot of it is Buddhist (or was), and there are some remarkably beautiful places there as well. India too. I'm not sure I would even be a Buddhist now if it hadn't been for the opportunity to travel to Japan in the Air Force. Even though at the time it seemed like having to go in the military seemed like the worst thing in the world, in reality it turned out to be really good!

Palzang
    edited January 2010
    I've got a fair few years before I'll be travelling but what part of Asia would you reccomend? Somewhere with nice flaura and fauna and not too hot is what I like by the way :) Oooh... I could save tigers and elephants... anyway... yeah :)
    Love & Peace
    Joe
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Yes, you've got lots of time to plan and pack.

I really loved Japan when I was there. It was like coming home when I was there. Fantastic Buddhist temples. Remarkable culture. Too many people. I also loved Mongolia - a lot! Not like any place I've ever been. People are really nice and laid back (at least the sober ones), there are no fences and very few people actually (it's about the size of France, but the population is under 4 million, and about half of them are squeezed into the capital city, Ulaan Bataar, which means "Red Hero", btw). They have the Gobi Desert with cool two-humped camels and khulan (wild asses) running free. You can sleep in a ger (yurt) just like Chinggis (Genghis) Khan's armies did. India is also well worth the trip, if only because that's where Buddhism began (but lots of other reasons as well). It's the only place I've ever been where I saw lepers begging in the streets and people living in absolute poverty. If you can't develop compassion there, you're stone dead. But there are also extraordinarily beautiful places there too, truly fascinating places and people and culture. No place on earth like it. Nepal is also a wonderful place. You can see the Himalayas, visit the Great Stupa at Boudha, go trekking, visit a cave near Kathmandu with 21 Taras and a Ganesh in the process of self-emanating from living rock. So I dunno, take your pick! No shortage of places to go, that's for sure!

Palzang
    edited January 2010
    Wow! Thanks Palzang. I'll have to remember this post :) I'd feel very sorry for the lepers, I'd give them all the money I had on me (I'm like that). Thanks :)
    Love & Peace
    Joe
    P.S. Camels with two humps are called Bactrian Camels. I always remember it because two covers more BACK so BACtrian. One is dromedary :)
  • edited January 2010
    Hi,

It was a nice day today, thank you.
    I have registration in a forum about a computer game. I'm not very active there (got just 1 or 2 posts) and yet I got an e-mail about a PM. Some guy posted me a link to this place.
    Weird huh?
    And not to sound all that weirdy, I'll tell you about a dream I had some time ago.

I was walking through a forest in the night. I knew there was a wolf in the forest, a large white female that everyone was afraid of. I was afraid as well, but in the same time inspired by the prospect of meeting this creature. I knew something this beautiful and majestic has wisdom beyond mine and there was a way to communicate with it.
    That's all I remember from the dream.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    LoveNPeace wrote: »
    P.S. Camels with two humps are called Bactrian Camels. I always remember it because two covers more BACK so BACtrian. One is dromedary :)

You're absolutely right. Bactrian camels have a lot better personality than Dromedaries as well. Dromedaries have very foul tempers, but Bactrians are very laid back (and in the summer when it's hot in the desert their humps get depleted of water and also lay back). The khulans were also really interesting. There are wild asses in other places in the world, but their numbers have been greatly depleted. They really prosper only in Mongolia now. On the last trip I made down to the Gobi, we saw a huge herd of them on the way back on the train, probably over 200 of them, running alongside the train. They have stripes on their rear quarters which gives them a wild look. Mongolia also has the only wild herd of Takhi (Przewalski's Horse) left on earth. It is the only remaining truly wild horse left. Most wild horses are descended from domesticated horses that escaped into the wild, but Takhi have never been domesticated. There are also stories of a kind of death worm or snake or who knows what that supposedly lives out in the Gobi. It is said to be able to kill someone instantly at a distance, either by electric shock or by some sort of poison, no one really knows. Unfortunately no one has actually found one of these things (and lived to tell about it anyway). They're called Tolkhoi Orloi, which translates to something like "intestine worm" because they're said to look like living intestines. Nice, huh?

Palzang
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Oh, forgot one other cool thing in Mongolia. They have people living in the Northwest corner of the country who herd and ride reindeer. You can actually ride them if you go there. They live to the north and west of Lake Khovsgol, which is an interesting story in itself as it is connected underground to Lake Baikal, the largest fresh water lake in the world.

Palzang
    edited January 2010
    WOW! Przelawski's are extremely rare! I'd love to see some... The asses sound great too (that sounded wrong LOL) and the lake and the reindeer :D I didn't know that bactrians are nicer than dromederies though, you learn something new every day....
    About half an hour from where I live there's this lake in Doncaster and it's the biggest lake I've ever personaly been too, then again there's only a little pond on the outskirts of my village and that's inhabited by scary water hens and murderous swans. But this one had ducks and Canadian geese and the biggest koi carp I'd ever seen! I bet there was a huge sturgeon in it because there was something humungous moving down there. (Hopefully because I hope it wasn't a pike that big). I also saw a pair of very rare greebs. It was a pretty good day out. There's always a mystery about water I thing, I thing the most likely not-prooven-to-exist creaure is the Lock Ness Monster because it's really deep and I think they could be descended from a surviving plesiosaur. Once a woman ran over three things that were thought to be extinct, might hit a unicorn next... :lol: The sand thingy sounds interesting. What's the most common religion for Mongolia? Sorry for babbling on:o
    Love & Peace
    Joe
    edited January 2010
    The things were actually mutated coyotes with a baldness gene BTW
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Mongolia is 95% Buddhist, despite the claims of the Mormons who are there like flies on -u-no-what.

Palzang
  • edited January 2010
    LoveNPeace wrote: »
    Has anybody thought that if a newby came across this site they'd think what a bunch of lunatics we are

I wonder why Anyone would think you guys are loony.... :rolleyes:
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    And I wonder why anyone would think we're not!

Palzang
    edited January 2010
    Fire trucks wooo wooo....
  • edited January 2010
    So far my day has been quite a bad one, but i hope it'll get better once i get home.
    School can be tough sometimes!
  • edited January 2010
    Oh, forgot one other cool thing in Mongolia. They have people living in the Northwest corner of the country who herd and ride reindeer. You can actually ride them if you go there. They live to the north and west of Lake Khovsgol, which is an interesting story in itself as it is connected underground to Lake Baikal, the largest fresh water lake in the world.

Palzang

Here in norway the reindeer is a traditional animal for the indigenous people called the Sami, but i don't know if they ride them or not.

I do know that you can go "kanefart"ing with reindeer however, riding in a sleigh with them pulling you.

240px-Rentier_fws_1.jpg
    Majestic reindeer from the Etne-mountains.
    *Sigh*
    edited January 2010
    Beautiful...
    *sighs also*
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Theater wrote: »
    I do know that you can go "kanefart"ing with reindeer however, riding in a sleigh with them pulling you.

Do you need a gas mask when you do that? Just askin'...

Palzang
  • edited January 2010
    ^Hahahah. >_<
  • edited January 2010
    Do you need a gas mask when you do that? Just askin'...

Palzang

Hahah, "fart" rougly translated means "speed".
    The norwegian rally driver Petter solberg is known for his horrible english and often throws in norwegian words and expressions during interviews.
    He has been quoted saying " I had a very big fart in that swing over there" which means "I had a very high speed in that turn over there" :lol:
  • edited January 2010
    Weekends coming up, what have you all planned to do?
    I'll just enjoy getting some time off from school, weeks seem like years with all the work i'm doing around here.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Theater wrote: »
    Hahah, "fart" rougly translated means "speed".
    The norwegian rally driver Petter solberg is known for his horrible english and often throws in norwegian words and expressions during interviews.
    He has been quoted saying " I had a very big fart in that swing over there" which means "I had a very high speed in that turn over there" :lol:

I know, I was just being a "smart-fart"! One of my favorite German words is "fartfest", which sounds like the scene in Blazing Saddles where the cowboys are all eating beans, but really means "Bon Voyage party".

Palzang
  • edited January 2010
    I'm in a german-class now.
    Dem germans!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Sehr gut!

Palzang
    edited January 2010
    Ich kann kein Deutsch
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited February 2010
    Today was ok but yesterday was awesome. I posted a status on myspace about how I was sitting all alone and I needed someone to be nice to me. Then this really hot girl came into my shop and told me she saw my message. She hands me some Valentine candy and said she hoped that would cheer me up. Then she bought some books and signed up for my comic club. Now she is going to be a steady customer. I'm not sure if she has a boyfriend but if not I might do some flexing for her. LOL
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2010
    LOL!
    edited February 2010
    LOL
  • edited March 2010
    I've been unemployed since 23 December of 09. It's actually kind of nice, save for the cash flow, because I get to spend time with my 2 year old. It's nice not to have him in a daycare and with me instead. All this time together has made me appreciate even more the time I get to spend with him when I am at work. Just afraid of when he's a surly teenager, but I'm sure my parents dealt with it, and I will too.

Peace my friends,

Levi
  • BarraBarra soto zennie wandering in a cloud in beautiful, bucolic Victoria BC, on the wacky left coast of Canada Veteran
    edited March 2010
    selfb has a big lesson to deal with, but here are a couple of small lessons from this week:

A couple of days ago I had arranged with a friend for her to come with me to my water aerobics class. I was clear in setting the time for us to meet at my place, in order for us to have enough time to walk to the pool and get changed. At the appointed time I was waiting outside my building. And I waited. The arrangement was clear, so what had gone wrong? I waited almost 15 minutes, and by then it was too late to get there in time, so I went back upstairs. There were phone messages waiting for me saying that it didn't make sense for her to come to my place, so she was going to take a different route. I got going on my sewing project, but my mind kept stewing about it. I had the radio on, and they announced that their theme that day would be forgiveness. Interesting coincidence, I thought. There was an interview with a woman who had forgiven the young man who had stomped her husband to death. Wow, I thought. That is BIG forgiveness. I realized that I needed to do a small forgiveness. Should have been relatively easy, but it was interesting how my mind kept going back and stewing on it. Later I got an email apology and the next day a phone call where we put it behind us and went on to spend some pleasant time together.
    Lesson: Forgiveness may take a little time, but it is worth pursuing.

Later that day - I ran out of milk because the pastisio recipe called for 3 cups of milk(!). I managed to make it with only 2 cups and made a note to myself to pick some up on the way home from my drumming class that evening. I remembered to get it, came home and put the groceries down, watched some TV and went to bed. This morning I got up to feed the cat and there was the milk sitting on the counter! Four liters of milk - wasted!
    Lessons: 1. plan ahead - read the recipe and make sure you've got all the ingredients. 2. Stay present - put the groceries away - not just on the counter!!!

Small lessons in awareness...........
    edited March 2010
    Life; the greatest teacher of all ;)
  • edited March 2010
    Today was great for me, basically woke up and continued my newly started routine of going to the gym followed by ocean-side meditation. I'm in Cuba for the next 4 months so my plan is to spend most of it reading, practicing mindfulness, and exercising. I've had more energy than ever before too with the 95% organic diet!

It's a perfect discipline for me in terms of consumption, since the culture (generally) doesn't seek happiness in buying stuff because of the economic situation. I met a photographer and we played pool together, and I asked if he had any prints for sale. He said that he couldn't afford to make prints, as printing in Cuba is expensive for him (yet to me - very well priced and much better than in Canada). So instead of buying needless stuff, I plan to help him out a bit with getting business cards and prints.
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited March 2010
    I spent the day organizing comics. I had some decent business also.
    edited March 2010
    Nice :)