Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How was your day?

Comments

• Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited June 2010
    My dad and I are arguing again. He always thinks that when I say something I'm covering up what I really feel and that's not true all :bawling:

All the best
    Nickidoodle/Jellybean
  • edited June 2010
    It was one of those stressfull days today. Still waiting for my situation to change. It will happen soon, gotta stay optimistic.
    edited June 2010
    yep :)

All the best
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks "love n peace", same to you.

Today was a better day, got some work done, and I feel better than yesterday. Not enough time in the day to do all I want but oh well.
  • NamelessRiverNamelessRiver Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Today was a bad diet day, a good self discovery day, but now I am mildly irritated with some kid's party downstairs that is keeping me from thinking straight. >_<
    edited June 2010
    I know what you mean ero, I carefully plan my day so I have more time to do things but then if I waste time I get angry :-/

All the best
  • TreeLuvr87TreeLuvr87 Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Glad to see that everyone seems to be doing okay for the most part. I'm having a wonderful day, and a very peaceful one. I'll be picking my parents up from the airport tonight for their visit home and I can't wait to see them! I haven't seen my stepfather since October and have lost about thirty pounds since. He was always very supportive of my fitness endeavors and so I am proud to be able to show him that I've been doing well with my focus on exercise for the past year!
    edited June 2010
    Thirty pounds? Well done on you :D

All the best
    Nickidoodle Jellybean
    edited June 2010
    THANKS NICKIDOODLE! I've actually lost 49lbs total since last summer. The best benefit is definitely how much more energy I have and how I have a stronger desire to take care of myself in other ways :-)
    edited June 2010
    That's wonderful :D

All the best
    Nickidoodle
  • edited June 2010
    I went downstairs to do my morning reading and meditation today in my home office. As I sat down, a large, black housefly had followed me into my office, and flew to the screen on the window. It was the first I had seen this summer. Before I sat down, I opened the screen and let the fly out. I sat down and I was quite astounded when I got two pages into my reading of Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind and found three blank pages in the middle of the book with only the drawing of a large, black fly.
  • lightwithinlightwithin Veteran
    edited June 2010
    It's crazy how life seems to be full of small coincidences like the fly. I haven't noticed as many of those in my life lately but it used to amaze me how things interconnected in past years. It was almost eerie.
    edited June 2010
    Yeah. It's like when a learn a new word it seems to crop up everywhere... It's probably because things are so fresh in your mind you only then notice the coincidences. There must be so many things happening every second you're only aware of a fraction of life :)

All the best
    Nickidoodle Jellybean
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2010
    I went downstairs to do my morning reading and meditation today in my home office. As I sat down, a large, black housefly had followed me into my office, and flew to the screen on the window. It was the first I had seen this summer. Before I sat down, I opened the screen and let the fly out. I sat down and I was quite astounded when I got two pages into my reading of Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind and found three blank pages in the middle of the book with only the drawing of a large, black fly.

So, did you let that one out as well?

Palzang
  • edited June 2010
    Palzang wrote: »
    So, did you let that one out as well?

Palzang

I'm working on it :)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2010
    LoveNPeace wrote: »
    Yeah. It's like when a learn a new word it seems to crop up everywhere... It's probably because things are so fresh in your mind you only then notice the coincidences. There must be so many things happening every second you're only aware of a fraction of life :)

All the best
    Nickidoodle Jellybean
    Those are extremely wise and insightful observations, Jellybean. Especially from someone so young. You never cease to amaze me.
    edited June 2010
    LOL, really? It feels strange, but good, to amaze people... even if it's in a good or a bad way :p:o:D

All the best
    Nickidoodle Jellybean
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Ah, he read it in a comic book! ;)

Palzang
    edited June 2010
    I don't read comics :p But nice to see you again, I haven't seen you around my threads lately :)

All the best
    Nickidoodle Jellybean
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2010
    You don't read comics? Commie! I haven't been around much lately. Too busy. I always enjoy your comments though. (just kidding about the comics, of course)

Palzangpo
    edited June 2010
    Oh, I thought you were gonna say just kidding about the comments Palzanorang :p

All the best
    Nickidoodle Jellybean
    edited June 2010
    You guys are hilarious!

Today is great! I still have lots of energy even though I usually dread Mondays and drag through them. Had a fun, exciting weekend and then wound down last night on the pillow with some nice meditation. My parents are in town visiting too, so I might just be wired with the excitement of having them here. Woo!
    edited June 2010
    :)
  • edited June 2010
    The day is starting out amazingly well. I've been really struggling with meditation lately. Last night my wife suggested I try in the morning, since I'm a morning person. She was absolutely right. I meditated for 15 minutes without struggling or feeling bored or fidgety.

Small steps!
    edited June 2010
    Today I had my grade 1 Eb tenor horn exam :) I made a few mistakes on a couple of songs but my accomanying teacher said I did alright and I made a few mistakes on singing/repeating/song description but my teacher said I'm allowed :)

Nickidoodle Jellybean
  • johnathanjohnathan Canada Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Great work Treeluvr87... 49lbs in a year is amazing, keep up the good work...

I lost 20 lbs in 6 months by just cutting coffee out of my diet (3-4 coffee a day with 3-4 sugar in each)...

I got back to the gym and have gained back ten of those pounds in three months and am aiming to gain at least 10 more to get me back up to 180 lbs...

That's what I weighed when I was working out years ago and was in really good shape... when I stopped, I lost 20 lbs of muscle over a year and gained 20 pounds of not muscle in the next year)...

And Nickidoodle... you don't read comics... geesh what's wrong with you... commie is right (lol)... You should start reading them, many of life's secrets are tucked away in them (really... lol)

Hey Palzang... good to see your still with us... come around more often if you can, your jovial wisdom is greatly missed...
    edited June 2010
    J pryfyr bookz ;) or in English: I prefer books.

Nickidoodle Jellybean
    edited June 2010
    Books you say... then perhaps you might be interested in graphic novels then... most big book stores sell them....

A graphic novel is a narrative work in which the story is conveyed to the reader using sequential art in either an experimental design or in a traditional comics format.
    edited June 2010
    I'm not a baby :bawling:
    edited June 2010
    Thanks you guys on the cograts for the weight loss! I HIT FIFTY POUNDS, finally, and it feels great! I have always been up and down but this time made it a more long-term plan. Just found ways to make exercise something FUN and something I look forward to instead of a chore. And people keep asking if I got the lap band or some other surgery because according to them it seemingly happened overnight, but I have been losing since last September! No pills or anything! I get irritated that people assume that such a drastic weight loss MUST be because of surgery or pills. But then I let it go and just enjoy feeling a little lighter :-)

Today was hectic at work, but for my last hour here I'm going to sit and enjoy my whole grain Goldfish, one at a time, and mindfully. Mmm!

Hope everyone else is having a great week!
    edited June 2010
    I'm not a baby :bawling:

Not sure what you mean here... You associate comics with infancy? I never started collecting comics until I was 18 and had the money to buy them... My parents were poor and we could never afford them... Also, most comics these days are nothing I'd let any kid look at...

I collected Spawn, Youngblood, Badrock, Chapel, Avengelyne, Bloodpool, Brigade, New Men, Pitt, Savage Dragon, and a ton of others...

I used the artwork for something to draw (Not good at drawing stuff out of my imagination but I used to make a good photocopier)
    edited July 2010
    I just don't get comics, I still think they're childish :D I've never seen one that explores life as deeply as a book, unless you could suggest one?

Nickidoodle Jellybean
  • edited July 2010
    It's finally summer here, and guess what...? it will take me that stupid moment of mental focus to jump into my car, get to the beach and realize it feels wonderful. Why are we people (me?) so resistant to change? It's nearly hilarious. But it happens every year. I'm white, sweaty and bloomy, though I know in my heart I could just ease myself out of this artificial doom. It will happen sooner or later, but I still wonder why the episode repeats and usually lasts that long. Reflection of the day: Some people think that if they choke long enough, they'll probably grow resistant to CO2 in general. It's stupid, I know, but it happens.
  • edited July 2010
    Yesterday, I went to the beach in July in Southern California. I wore: a turtleneck, sweatshirt, parka, two pairs of socks, a hat, scarf, and gloves. Yes, I was a Sand Eskimo! To be fair, it WAS at night (for fireworks), it was 61 degrees, and there was wind. Other people were cold. I was not (I learned from last year, which I think was a few degrees colder actually)

I know it sounds ridiculous, but if you've ever sat still in the wind at the beach in the dark for two hours you will know what I mean. Even my boyfriend wore a sweatshirt with the hood up, jacket, and gloves. That's how I knew I wasn't completely crazy :)

Oh and the fireworks were totally worth it!
  • edited July 2010
    Congrats Treeluvr, on losing all that weight.

Damn I've had a crappy start to today:(
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited July 2010
    I just don't get comics, I still think they're childish :D I've never seen one that explores life as deeply as a book, unless you could suggest one?

Nickidoodle Jellybean

It's not a comic actually but a manga (illustrated book) called "The Buddha" by Osamu Tezuka. It's great.

Palzang
    edited July 2010
    Cool :D

Nickidoodle Jellybean
    edited July 2010
    I had a botched meditation session last night, because there was a mosquito in the room and it was bothering me enough that I couldn't focus on my meditation object properly and had to stop.

I have read on these forums about the monks who meditate in the forest and at one point can have up to 20 or more mosquitoes on their FACE, biting them, and they still maintain composure and focus.

I'm VERY far from that level of commitment and detachment from the environment. I guess there's a reason why I'm not a monk. Hahaha.
  • edited July 2010
    I had a botched meditation session last night, because there was a mosquito in the room and it was bothering me enough that I couldn't focus on my meditation object properly and had to stop.

I have read on these forums about the monks who meditate in the forest and at one point can have up to 20 or more mosquitoes on their FACE, biting them, and they still maintain composure and focus.

I'm VERY far from that level of commitment and detachment from the environment. I guess there's a reason why I'm not a monk. Hahaha.

I often have a little fly (very little fly) roaming my nose when I go out for dinner. After a while it stroke me as a weird coincidence, and I even mentioned it to a friend. Then it made me smile, and I even saluted the litlle beast every now and then.

Maybe it was just a little fly roaming my nose. But it did add some sense to the fact unexpected guests were not to be expected.

Another friend of mine once told me cherioos are not necessarily saying oooooh to you every morning, yet sincronicity get's you to take secret lessons out of apparently random situations. I don't care. I take my elations whenever they strike me as valid thinking.

For someone as detached of the environment maybe that boring mosquito was the timely answer for balance. One ought not to discard environment offering you the vague noises of a big metropolis, for instance, yet one ought not to go too obcessed with the pneumathic hammer banging your ears beyond reason, everytime your neighbours decide to remodel.

Just a thought.

Buddhism on the big city... the ultimate challenge while accepting reality. I love it.

october1560
    edited July 2010
    Interesting :)

Nickidoodle Jellybean
    edited July 2010
    Haven't been around much lately! My parents just left after their two week visit with me, so things are getting back to normal. Glad to see that everyone seems to be doing well. Light, that mosquito was just attracted to your light within!
    edited July 2010
    TreeLuvr87 wrote: »
    Haven't been around much lately! My parents just left after their two week visit with me, so things are getting back to normal. Glad to see that everyone seems to be doing well. Light, that mosquito was just attracted to your light within!

That's right, I haven't seen you post much these days. I did notice your absence. Good to see you around again.

LOL @ the mosquito thing. I should switch my light within for a zapper! hehe.
  • edited July 2010
    My day has been great! I finally found the time to come back to the forum! Hello all my old friends, and strangers. All a stranger is a friend waiting to happen.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited July 2010
    I'm back too after a pause to refresh. I actually took a vacation the first part of July! First paid one in many moons. The son of a friend from Arizona came to visit, so we had fun for 11 days. I needed it!

Palzang
  • edited July 2010
    Hi all, my day:
    Well up at 6am and walked my dog and organised my 6yr old and dropped him off at school. Then a very manic but entertaining morning at work.
    Now I am off to pick my boy up (my fav part of the day) and then at my sisters for dinner, as my middle sis home from abroad with her two little ones, who are just a delight.
    have a good day everyone
  • edited July 2010
    Hi, have a good day
    edited July 2010
    Welcome back, selfbiasresistor and Palzang!
    Glad to hear about your entertaining day, northern!

I had an amazing day yesterday. I tried out a new yoga studio on my way home from work and the instructor was great! Usually the instructors around my area will focus solely on the physical aspect of yoga, but she incorporated a lot of breathwork and spoke specifically about some things that had been on my mind lately. She even did a ton of hipwork which is what I specifically have been focusing on in my practice. It was a great experience!
  • edited July 2010
    Hi, all. Hope you all have a good day. I have just watched an amaxing thunderstorm and then had the most incredible meditation.
    My dog always lies next to me when I meditate and he is always so deeply relaxed, almost as though he is meditating with me. Anybody know why he does this?
    edited July 2010
    My dog always lies next to me when I meditate and he is always so deeply relaxed, almost as though he is meditating with me. Anybody know why he does this?

He must sense the calmness and relaxation in you and that in turn makes him feel at ease and calm.

I used to have a dog that was the total opposite. I would quietly sit down on the lawn, looking at the sky and trying to relax and think, and he would constantly try to climb on top of me, lick me and play with me. LoL. I used to get angry at him back then, but now I miss him a lot cuz he passed away a few years ago. He was a crazy lil fella.
  • edited July 2010
    He must sense the calmness and relaxation in you and that in turn makes him feel at ease and calm.

I used to have a dog that was the total opposite. I would quietly sit down on the lawn, looking at the sky and trying to relax and think, and he would constantly try to climb on top of me, lick me and play with me. LoL. I used to get angry at him back then, but now I miss him a lot cuz he passed away a few years ago. He was a crazy lil fella.

Am sure you miss lil fella alot! It made me giggle to think of you at on your lawn, all composed, with your crazy dog trying to climb on top you!

If my dog decided to climb on me, it wouldn't be much fun, as he is a big German Shepherd!! :eek: