Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What are you Listening to right now!!!

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Townes Van Zandt - Pancho and Lefty

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YtzgwNDZAs4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YtzgwNDZAs4?fs=1&hl=en_US&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
  • edited December 2010
    Dean Martin - "Old Bones". (From his last recorded album, "The Nashville Sessions"). This man was amazing.

He truly was. I have a fondness for the Rat Pack, but Dean Martin was my favourite.
  • mugzymugzy Veteran
    edited December 2010
    I've been listening to the new Kanye West album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. I never cared for him before but I really like this.
  • edited December 2010
    <object height="385" width="480">Tabla Beat Science - Devotional

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZQhjvmyVXnI?fs=1&hl=en_US&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>
  • edited December 2010
    "Broken Bridge," Daughter Darling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNo34VyBQSA
  • Right now I listen to Dj Networx vol. 45.. I was realyl into hardstyle when I was younger, but not so much anymore..

Generally I listen to Pearl Jam, Coldplay, Meat Loaf and other rock/grunge/alt. bands.. I have a passion for House-music and Psytrance too :)
  • Solomon Burke - None of Us Are Free

• i adore bjork.
    Bjork is confused. Read here.

Listening to fan noise right now. :coffee:
  • lots of spearhead, marvin gaye, and gangstarr
  • "Born with nothing"
    Muddy Waters
  • 'Baalstorm, Sing Omega' by Current 93
  • Lots of reggae and surf music at the moment (like The Aggrolites and Clear Conscience) and also listening to Jimmy Buffett's discography slowly but surely. Some metal has also made it to my earhole (lol), like the last Mercenary album and other Melodic Death Metal bands, that seem to appeal to my buried rage/anger.
  • Coil - Unnatural History II: Smiling in the Face of Perversity
  • NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
    Pink Floyd - Thin Ice
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    upalabhava, that version of the heart sutra was killer. very thoroughly enjoyed it :)
    i adore bjork.
    Bjork is confused. Read here.
    she's more than confused, the woman is insane. but i still really like her music :)

lately i've been on a real Miss Kittin kick though.

• The Masquerader And Phoenix - Theater Of Tragedy
  • Dick Prall - Weightless
  • The dogs barking outside. At times they even sound in harmony with each other.
  • infected mushroom
  • Mew - Repeaterbeater
    &
    Mew - Comforting Sounds
  • StaticToyboxStaticToybox Veteran
    edited March 2011
    Throbbing Gristle - The Third Mind Movements
  • Mastodon - Crack the Skye
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    Mastodon - Crack the Skye
    I saw them play that entire album live in concert, I was right up against the stage front and center. I almost caught his guitar pick, it hit my hand and went sailing off into the crowd :(

I'm listening to a bit of The Grateful Dead myself, I grew up with this band. And I remember seeing them in concert with my father when I was just a little toddler, its one of my earliest memories. My Father was a huge Deadhead and still is, and all of his friends were hippies and all very nice, caring, and loving people. So much so to the point where I considered them all my family, and I loved all of them, I still do.

The Grateful Dead holds a special significance for me... hell I called Jerry Garcia "Uncle Jerry" all the time, I still do when I talk about him, much to the befuddlement of others. But when I listened to the music so much and it was such a huge part of my life that I actually considered Jerry Garcia to be a part of my family as well... You may begin to understand why they hold such a special place in my heart. Below are my favorite songs by them.

- Touch of Grey

- Ripple

- Uncle John's Band

- Rosemary. This song is very special and sad to me, as it reminds me of the girl I loved long ago who was diagnosed with cancer, and died.
  • Free bird
  • Mastodon - Crack the Skye
    I saw them play that entire album live in concert, I was right up against the stage front and center. I almost caught his guitar pick, it hit my hand and went sailing off into the crowd :(
    I thought about going to see them then, but from everything I've seen they just seem kind of lackluster in concert, especially vocally. It's also unfortunate that they seem to have fallen prey to alcohol big time. I believe Brent Hinds and Bill Keller have both been hospitalized related to alcohol at this point. They're a great band, the best metal band to emerge since 2000 in my view, just doesn't seem like they're going to be able to hold it together for too many more years. I hope I'm wrong there.

• ZaylZayl Veteran
    I thought about going to see them then, but from everything I've seen they just seem kind of lackluster in concert, especially vocally. It's also unfortunate that they seem to have fallen prey to alcohol big time. I believe Brent Hinds and Bill Keller have both been hospitalized related to alcohol at this point. They're a great band, the best metal band to emerge since 2000 in my view, just doesn't seem like they're going to be able to hold it together for too many more years. I hope I'm wrong there.

I must have gotten lucky then, the performance I was at was spectacular, however I did notice some trouble in the vocals from Brann Dailor, but I passed that off as him having difficulty singing and drumming at the same time.
  • StaticToyboxStaticToybox Veteran
    edited March 2011

I must have gotten lucky then, the performance I was at was spectacular, however I did notice some trouble in the vocals from Brann Dailor, but I passed that off as him having difficulty singing and drumming at the same time.
    I have seen some good performances from them, and I've read other people talk about how good they were. I've also seen other people talk about how bad they were in concert. Maybe it just depends on how drunk they happen to be on a given night.

• ZaylZayl Veteran
    Is that so? I was only 19 at the time and I was broke, so I was stone cold sober ;)
  • Is that so? I was only 19 at the time and I was broke, so I was stone cold sober ;)
    I meant how drunk the band happen to be on a given night.
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    Is that so? I was only 19 at the time and I was broke, so I was stone cold sober ;)
    I meant how drunk the band happen to be on a given night.
    ooohhhhhhh ok.

They seemed alright to me, it was a very theatric performance so I don't think they could mess around too much. They didn't come out for an encore though after their set finished (they were the last set) and the venue was still on for another half an hour, and the entire crowd was screaming for it.

They did have a very awesome freestyle jam session that lasted fifteen minutes or so though, they just got up on stage and improvised and it was pretty good.

• Once, Falling Slowly:

• Shrinebuilder - Shrinebuilder

• Ryuichi Sakamoto - Bibo no Aozora
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    BBC Radio 4. Very cultured. :D
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Wonderful thread!:)
    Thank you!
  • Two things:

We are Now Free

and

My Brother Playing Too Much Love Will Kill You on Piano with my dog barking along!
    :D

Jason
  • I'm actually listening to The Incident at the moment. Saw PT in September '09. They are an absolutely stunning live act. They played in it's entirety (well the "song cycle", not the extra stuff on the 2nd disc, although they did play 'Remember Me Lover' from it).
  • I am listening to the ambiance of the average college computer lab. It's beautiful ;)
  • ZaylZayl Veteran

Listening to this and day-dreaming of riding my motorbike at night with my girl holding on tight.
    I am listening to the ambiance of the average college computer lab. It's beautiful ;)
    A link?
    I'm actually listening to The Incident at the moment. Saw PT in September '09. They are an absolutely stunning live act. They played in it's entirety (well the "song cycle", not the extra stuff on the 2nd disc, although they did play 'Remember Me Lover' from it).
    They are freaking awesome!
    Been listening to them all day!
    Thank you!
  • Haha sorry Leon no link. But I can give you the street address ^_^
    Haha sorry Leon no link. But I can give you the street address ^_^
    Please!;)
    I can google map it:)
  • Lol Leon.
  • SeMichSeMich Explorer
    Metric. "Help I'm Alive" and before that, "Gold Guns Girls." Both are very dhammic.
  • <3 gold guns girls. Now I am listening to my dad play a golfing game on his iPhone. I have given up music
  • edited April 2011
    I'm actually listening to The Incident at the moment. Saw PT in September '09. They are an absolutely stunning live act. They played in it's entirety (well the "song cycle", not the extra stuff on the 2nd disc, although they did play 'Remember Me Lover' from it).
    Yeah, I saw them twice, and missed the Incident act last time they came here. Still feel kinda bad about it, because it's not often a band can afford to play a 55 minute track on tour, so my chances of ever seeing it live again are very slim. They are my favorite band so ... :)

They are freaking awesome!
    Been listening to them all day!
    Thank you!
    Glad you liked them. I think there is something in PT for everyone. Space rock, trip hop, metal, singer/songwriter...they just had a lot of different stuff throughout the years and most of it is quite accessible.