Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Gratitude

A little snippet from Situ Rinpoche which spoke to me and so I thought I would share it.

" It is good to be grateful. It is good to get into the habit of gratitude. We have so much. We have air and water and food.
We have family and companions. We sleep and wake to a fresh day.
We do not know what is coming to us.each day.pain or joy. Sun or rain..but we are grateful because we are alive and aware and each day is a new chance to wake up. Our hearts get tarnished by responsibilities and duty and toil. The polish for our hearts is gratitude.
Try it with your crying kids, with the dog that has pooped on your lawn..to the flu in your throat as well as to the flowers and new green leaves..gratitude .
We are alive..we can do things differently today. We can be kinder or more assertive. We can let ourselves feel sadness or joy. Always new. Always grateful. "
SerenaZeroMaryAnneriverflowStraight_ManJimyoRodrigoblu3reeInvincible_summerNadjaWisdom23

Comments

• ZeroZero Veteran
    Thank you - brought a lingering smile
  • A great way off thinking :)
  • JimyoJimyo Explorer
    Copied and pasted into my document of inspiring words and passages. Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:
    riverflow
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    _/\_

:)
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited April 2013
    Kemosabe... :)......Gratitude for posting this.
    Loved every word.
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    edited April 2013
    Situ Rinpoche is wonderful . There is a vid on youtube called " Be Happy " 40 seconds long and brilliant. It makes me cry.
    SerenaVastmind
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited April 2013
    'So please, be happy....'

Invincible_summerSerenaperson