Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Happy New Year NB

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran
edited December 2015 in General Banter

Well the new year is here ( for us in the Southern Hemisphere), and it's wet and windy in my neck of the woods...But yesterday I saw this auspicious sign...A rainbow halo around the sun :)

So what's your NY's resolution ?

Or like me, you don't have one ?

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!.... and may it be a wholesome one :)

Davidmerx

Comments

• Just save more money, take life less seriously and study harder for me.

Happy New Year!!!

2016 What have you in store?

ShoshinWalkermerx
  • Happy New Year all, ours is 45 mins away.

May 2016 be a happy, healthy and peaceful one for you all.

ShoshinWalkerNirvanamerx
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Hurrah! I hope everyone gets all the ice-cream they can manage, and then some!

ShoshinWalkermerx
  • StingRayStingRay Glasgow Explorer

12 minutes from new year for me and just going to bed. Just did another sitting. Pain in my head is less. I see tomorrow just as another day. I do have a few resolutions and They are to meditate every day. Harness mindfulness in everyday activities and to speak less and listen more. Very excited about attending a Buddhist class with a sangha on a weekly basis!

ShoshinlobsterWalkermerx
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

I now know why it is auspicious...In 5 weeks time the Chinese NY will be welcomed in and 2016 is the year of the monkey...It's our year monkey people...

Clinging & grasping seems to be the bane of our pesky monkey minds which more often than not could lead one to get caught up in a number of unpleasant situations of ones own making ....

Perhaps the resolution (if making one) should be to learn to let go ...just drop it :)

NirvanasilverStingRayWalker
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran

@Shoshin, that baboon flick was triple awesome!

BTW, I typically eschew the @usersname function, as some pretty petty stuff sometimes comes out via this vehicle —but when I don't use it for you, my "chellspecker" always changes it to Shoe shine. And I would NEVER insult you (Especially on New Years').

ShoshinWalker
  • I'm watching the semi finals of college football. 4 great teams. Happy New Years.

ShoshinVastmindWalker
  • ZenshinZenshin Veteran East Midlands UK Veteran

@silver The first meditation teacher I visited told me meditation is an adventure - you never know what is going to come up. In this mornings second sit it was completely uneventful except for my usual habitual anxieties and pain in the knees.

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

May all be healthy, wealthy, and wise!

Happy New Year!!!

WalkerShoshinmerx
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Vastmind said:
    May all be healthy, wealthy, and wise!

Well, as far as I am concerned, 1 out of 3 ain't bad, and is good for starters....!

BunksShoshinVastmindNirvana
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran
    edited January 2016

@Lonely_Traveller said:
    @silver The first meditation teacher I visited told me meditation is an adventure - you never know what is going to come up. In this mornings second sit it was completely uneventful except for my usual habitual anxieties and pain in the knees.

My meditation may last for moments only...it's really more of mindfulness 'practice' - and I combine it sometimes with NLP and/or EFT. Without the mindfulness, along with everything I've been exposed to here at NB, I would never have been able to look straight on at things I pushed aside or down...to know that there is no judgment or shame makes me free to do so. I guess that's why I said it's like a miracle.

ShoshinVastmind
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@Lionduck said: Every day is the beginning of a New Year

Reminds me of that old saying: "Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life"
    Eeek, something else to worry about!

Shoshin
  • Berkley Breathed: "We should treat each day as if it's the last day of our lives, because so far it is."

I'm going to try worrying a bit less. I'm better than I used to be. Got a long way to go.

VastmindShoshin
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

Happy 2016!

It won't be until April that I celebrate the new year. That's when spring comes around and it's always made more sense to me that way.

This is still coming around to the end of the year for me but I'm a weirdo.

VastmindWalker
  • merxmerx estonia New

Happy new year to all of you! =)

VastmindNirvanaShoshin