Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Nerd Immunity

I am a nerd. Maybe a Buddhist Nerd. Religion nerd. Computer nerd. Linux nerd.

Today I came across Nadi X (wearable AI Yoga pants) whilst reading Hackspace.
https://hackspace.raspberrypi.com/issues
Do I need them Hell Yeah! not really.
Do we need to be immunised against consensus consumer reality?

So many of our interests can be let go of or utilised efficiently. Too many enslave our being.

The question is really who are we and what do we really need?

Ren_in_black

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

lobster
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@lobster said:
    So many of our interests can be let go of or utilised efficiently. Too many enslave our being.

The question is really who are we and what do we really need?

It’s true that even a healthy and spiritual impulse such as Yoga can become a driver to consumerism. But it’s good to consider what is actually happening: the Nadi X yoga pants help you become better at yoga. It is your desire to be better, to be more that draws you in.

Living a simple life, with a minimum of possessions, is a beautiful answer to the desire to be more. But it requires a certain restraint, with food, with buying, with drink, with medication. Of all of these things a certain elegant minimum is best. Eventually you find the desire for more abates.

• Ren_in_blackRen_in_black Georgia Explorer

I thought the answer lied somewhere in the middle. :p

lobsterShoshin1
  • @Ren_in_black we are always in the middle
    of a muggle muddle … well I am 4 one.

There are at least two approaches, we can loosen the bonds of the extremes. Allowing the knots to untangle or focus (not too tightly) on the important stuff.

So in this sense we may have hangovers from previous life
    styles that can effect our outer persona but inwardly we are moving towards a helpful Middle Way orientation that you mention. B)

With this middling around our core, the complexes that hinder/impede can also be the skilful means to empower our future karma.

Hope that makes sense …

Ren_in_black
  • The question is really who are we and what do we really need?

Who am I and what do I need, I've been down this road before
    Moment by moment all my needs are met, but my wants desire more...

Ren_in_blackBunkslobster
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

$249 for a pair of yoga pants is a bit steep though, lol 😂

Ren_in_black
  • The wheel builds up easiest when done together a little at a time. You don't have to stop the ripple all at once, just help to ease off more than last time and so on.

lobster
  • … a little at a time …

What time is it? Now … always now …
    https://yinyana.tumblr.com/post/40167290677/i-consider-my-tablet-computer-a-manifestation-of

Bunks
  • @Ren_in_black said:
    I thought the answer lied somewhere in the middle. :p

I like this reminder as I have a tendency towards extreme behaviour. Of any two extremes the middle alternative finds peace.

As POTUS Robinette Biden prepares to engage in unleashing the monetary potential of war with Russia … Everybody needs such a reminder.

BunksRen_in_black