Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Arriving at clarity

JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matterNetherlands Veteran

This morning I was listening to Samaneri Jayasera’s YouTube channel, she has a number of guided meditations from material from Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj’s books which I wanted to visit now that I have finished reading ‘I Am That’ which was his first book. I enjoyed this reading, because it seemed to me this time as if it was helping me clear out more unnecessary things.

Reading spiritual literature can lead you into all kinds of spaces, of revelations small and large and pleasure and joy that comes with that. But it is only when you really look, when you go deeper that you find that these pleasures are also things you chase, that at a certain point you need to let go of pleasure because otherwise it conditions you. This time Nisargadatta’s words were helping me to come to the essentials and reach a clarity, a letting go of older pleasures.

Last night I did a little reading in one of Papaji’s books, and though he was poetic and truthful, at the same time he spoke to my imagination and I did not feel as if it was the right path for me. Imagination can be distracting, leading the mind into many side alleys, and not to stillness, so it is worth avoiding triggers to the imagination.

lobster

Comments

• I am reminded of this from another post ... <3

May the New Year bring you joy, peace, love and a victorious life.

Victory being a potential goal.
    I recently came across the term 'Higher Vibrational People'
    For example:

or
    https://fractalenlightenment.com/37439/spirituality/5-signs-your-vibration-is-raising

Very New Agey. It may come from 'A Course In Miracles' or similar ... The principles are correct and hopefully are karmically corrective and lead to clarity and victory. o:)

• In stillness, the muddied water returns to clarity

lobsterJeroenSuraShineShoshin1
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@pegembara said:
    In stillness, the muddied water returns to clarity

This is true. Spiritual literature is all very well, but there are many pitfalls in trying to learn from it, and often just being still, remaining quiet is the best response.

DagobahZenlobster