Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Buddhism and its varities

Dear New Buddhists,

I hope everyone is happy and at ease.

I like to study everything, but I was just wondering how you guys felt about Tibetan Buddhism?
I was very much impressed with Lama Jigme Rinpoche and the Padma Rigdzin Ling Buddhist Temple.
www.padmarigdzinling.org

Thank you
Sukha

DagobahZen

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

The very first Buddhist temple I came into contact with was Tibetan and I studied there for a while. I found the approach to have quite a scholarly focus, although this varies from school to school. The temple itself was very colourful.

DagobahZen
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

I'm not familiar with that particular group. But I first learned about Buddhism in Tibetan, Gelug, Buddhism. In general I find it a very sound variety, and as @Jeroen says fairly scholarly. If you get deeper in, it becomes more practice oriented though.

DagobahZen
  • Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran
    edited December 2023

@Vajra_Guru said:
    Dear New Buddhists,

I hope everyone is happy and at ease.

I like to study everything, but I was just wondering how you guys felt about Tibetan Buddhism?
    I was very much impressed with Lama Jigme Rinpoche and the Padma Rigdzin Ling Buddhist Temple.
    www.padmarigdzinling.org

Thank you
    Sukha

It's a case of seeing for yourself @Vajra_Guru "Ehipassiko"...

lobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Tibetan Buddhism? There is nothing magical about Tibetan, Chinese or English Dharma.

Except in some Minds.

For example, Tibetan Buddhism is heavily influenced by Magickal Bon Paganism and Hindu Pagans. English/American Dharma is still working out its alignments ...
    https://youtube.owacon.moe/watch?v=x6LEv1m7pP0

Personally, I will be continuing to laugh as my main practice :mrgreen:

Thank you
    Sukha

What’s your best joke?

• SuraShineSuraShine South Australia Veteran

I follow Tibetan Buddhism

lobster
  • @SuraShine said:
    I follow Tibetan Buddhism

And what follows the joke …

• SuraShineSuraShine South Australia Veteran