Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Pictures of Home

Comments

• edited August 2006
    OK...so his reply was "it's the Madagascar Trumpet Lily", and then he said he was kidding and he has no idea, so I guess we may have to wait a little longer to figure this out!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2006
    'Brugmansia' or Angels's Trumpet.

Have a look here....
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Brugmansia? Isn't that a disease? Like fear of bridges?

Palzang
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2006
    No. That's gephyrophobia.....:poke: :D

check it out....
  • edited August 2006
    Well, look at the big brain on federica!!

At least my husband had the "trumpet" part right. I'll have to tell him.
  • edited August 2006
    Are those phobias for real?? LOL at some of them!

Aerophobia - Fear of drafts, air swallowing, or airborne noxious substances.
    Agrizoophobia - Fear of wild animals
    Alliumphobia - Fear of garlic.
    Allodoxaphobia - Fear of opinions.
    Androphobia - Fear of men.
    Apotemnophobia - Fear of persons with amputations.
    Aulophobia - Fear of flutes.
    Blennophobia - Fear of slime.
    Bogyphobia - Fear of bogies or the bogeyman
    Dextrophobia - Fear of objects at the right side of the body.
  • edited August 2006
    ok...one more of my favorites:

Eurotophobia - Fear of female genitalia.

And, federica, do you have this one:

Francophobia - Fear of France, French culture.
    edited August 2006
    Some of them are just wild, aren't they? And what conversation-stoppers....!

Yep, I know about Francophobia. Don't have it. Don't fear them, just hate them.

In a very good, Buddhist kind of way, of course.......:grin:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Fede, how did you find it??? That's so amazing! And what a great link for BF. It has all the growing info he's going to need. You got brains and looks, doncha?

BF, that fire pit sounds like a lot of fun. I love smores and I love sitting around a fire in autumn when it's cool and crisp outside. It's the best! Just beware of those fleece pullovers, or anything fleece really. It's made from plastic fibers, as you probably already know, and it melts when it burns and it burns faster than anything in the universe. Not a good material to wear near an open fire or even an oven.
  • edited August 2006
    if they are angel trumpets and i thought they were to.. becareful of the seed pods..
    there was an article in the paper where some kids ate a handful of the seeds and
    died.. guess that is what the kids are into these days.. to get high...i would google image" angel
    trumpets" and see if they look like that.. i thought they were anyway.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited September 2006
    "Angel Trumpets"!

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner!

Thanks for that Colleen.

-bf
  • edited December 2006
    I am reviving this old thread. Here is the picture of us in front of our fireplace, that will be sent out on holiday cards. After trying this on 3 different days, this was the best we could do. And by that, I mean, the best we could get our daughter to have a somewhat "normal" smile on her face. She is such a goofball! You get a camera out, and she suddenly forgets how to smile normally. Cracks me up!

And then the other picture is of a Chickadee. My husband shot this picture of him yesterday. He was trying to "fluff up" to keep warm! He was so cute!
    edited December 2006
    Aren't you guys just as cutes as the dickens!?!?!?!

Your girl is adorable and such a ham! Fruit doesn't fall far from the tree, does it, Mom? :)

-bf
  • edited December 2006
    Yes, I shouldn't complain about her being such a ham because I know where she gets it from!
  • edited December 2006
    You are the cutest family, BF is right......And your daughter is absolutely adorable. That smile of hers brings back memories of my youngest son. He still at 21 can not smile normal at a camra. But I'm telling you Kim, the smile on her face is toooo cute!!

She is a HAM ;) What a beautiful child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited December 2006
    OMG! She's HILARIOUS!!! I had to wait for it to download and when I finally saw the expression on her face I burst out laughing. She's SO adorable! What a kid. The whole family looks beautiful, Yoga. So peaceful and full of joy.

And I LOVE that pic of the chickadee! How sweet is that??!!?? It's almost a perfect circle with tail and wing feathers sticking out! Oh, man, do I ever love those wee feathered beings!

Great pics, Yoga. I love looking at your pics. They always make me feel so happy.
    edited December 2006
    Her face is saying:
    "Oh yes, of course my coat is real fur - it's REALLY made by a human, not an animal...!" Lovely photo, YM....!
    So that's what a chickadee looks like...now I know what W. C. Fields meant.....!
  • edited December 2006
    federica wrote:
    Her face is saying:
    "Oh yes, of course my coat is real fur - it's REALLY made by a human, not an animal...!"

Hee hee! I love that! Aren't chickadee's just the cutest? We are going to print that picture and frame it for our house. I love it.

Thanks for all the sweet compliments everyone. I really am such a lucky woman - I love my little family dearly! My daughter goes to a Montessori school for a few hours each day, and when I picked her up yesterday, her teacher told me that my daughter actually ate some of the work that the teacher had prepared for the class, and then took it out of her mouth and tore it up! What a nut. Where does she come up with this stuff? She is definitely a HAM. Life with her is very entertaining!
  • edited December 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    So peaceful and full of joy.

Great pics, Yoga. I love looking at your pics. They always make me feel so happy.

You are so sweet. I am glad that my pictures bring you some happiness!

And Deb, do you mean to tell me my daughter is oging ot be making these faces until she is at least 21 years old??!! Yikes! ;)
  • edited December 2006
    LOL!!!! I really can't say. but my youngest has been a ham his whole life and at his brothers wedding (he was the best man) there was only one pic that he was natural in and that was one he wasn't looking at the camera and didn't know they were taking his pic.

When he was 3 years old I decided to take pics of the boys for Christmas cards. Took 3 rolls of film to get a good pic........and he was still hamming it up. Just got tired of taking pics. Didn't do that again.......lol

They're so cute when they are little and doing it.......

School pics were always fun..........lololol

I think your daughter is absolutely adorable!!!!!

And children that are hams are so much fun............
    They help you learn not to take life so seriously. lol
  • edited December 2006
    That's really funny...it took us 3 different days to get the picture that we ended up with. I will see if I can post the other ones - if my husband kept any of them. They are very entertaining.

My daughter is definitely good at making sure that I don't take life too seriously. She has got to be the funniest kid in the world. She is always trying to make everyone laugh, and she is good at it!
  • edited December 2006
    Ducks live around my place. Duck babies were hidden right off my porch. Then see them and mama.
    18291729_0a61e41bd9_b.jpg

18342000_9994d1dc93.jpg
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited December 2006
    OMG! They're so incredibly beautiful!!
  • edited December 2006
    That's one of the cutest things I have ever seen!!! How sweet!!
  • edited December 2006
    These are photos from a house I lived in a couple years ago. We got a blizzard and this was part way through it...
  • edited December 2006
    Incredible snow pics. What a difference form the winter here in South Florida. I love the one framed by the snow, looking out the window. Really get the feel of blizzard.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2006
    Here's a picture of our stupa here in Sedona after one of our rare snowfalls. This is about two blocks from my house. Merry Christmas all!

Palzang

stupasnowwebfy3.jpg
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited December 2006
    Gorgeous!! I love snow pics!! I love snow. Good thing I'm a northern girl.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2006
    Unfortunately it doesn't snow nearly enough here. Not even every year. And even this beautiful snowfall was pretty much gone by evening!

Palzang
  • edited December 2006
    Gorgeous !!!!!!!! Just Gorgeous............
  • edited December 2006
    Palzang...when did it snow in Sedona? That would have been amazing to see! Gorgeous picture!

I just found out that one of my Yoga teachers was married in the same spot as my husband and I in Sedona. I thought that was so cool. :)
    edited December 2006
    Palzang wrote:
    Here's a picture of our stupa here in Sedona after one of our rare snowfalls. This is about two blocks from my house. Merry Christmas all!

Palzang

stupasnowwebfy3.jpg

Thanks Pally...

I have that as my new background for a while...

-bf
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2006
    I was hoping for a repeat performance yesterday, but only a few flakes fell here. Flagstaff got a few inches, but we was robbed.

Palzang
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    Palzang...when did it snow in Sedona? That would have been amazing to see! Gorgeous picture!

I just found out that one of my Yoga teachers was married in the same spot as my husband and I in Sedona. I thought that was so cool. :)

It was last March. It even snowed in Phoenix that day - an almost unheard of phenomenon (at least since the last ice age). I happened to drive down there that day, and although the snow didn't stick in Phoenix, it did further up I-17. It was hilarious to see all the cars from Phoenix who drove north until they came to snow and then pulled off so the kids could make snowmen and have snowball fights. Probably the first time many of them had ever seen the stuff!

Where were you married, Bell Rock? That seems to be the place to do it.

Palzang
  • edited December 2006
    Thanks Palzang, very pretty and timely.
  • edited December 2006
    We were married right under Cathedral Rock. Standing on the rocks, right next to the little river that runs through the rocks. It was AMAZING. One of these days, I will get my wedding pictures scanned in to share with you.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2007
    I can't remember how to upload a photo. I've got some pics of home in Picasa 2, My Pictures on my computer and in Kodak EasyShare.

Can somebody help me? (I feel so dumb.)
  • edited January 2007
    Here are a couple of shots from our pilgrimage to Japan last October; first the moon over Kamakura Bay, and then a shot of Mt. Fuji. They told us there hasn't been as much snow there the last few years.......
    edited January 2007
    Brigid - if you go to the bottom of this thread and click on Go Advanced - the next screen will have a box for you to enter your text - and then further on down the screen a place where you can upload "manage" images.

Got it? Here' an example..

-bf
    edited January 2007
    Engyo,

That moon picture is simply stunning.

-bf
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2007
    Yes, thanks for the pix, Engyo. You're right,there's hardly any snow on Fuji-san. When I was stationed in Japan in the 1970s in the Air Force, there was a lot more snow on it during the winter. Good ol' global warming!

I remember one of the most beautiful sights I ever saw was one time when we were coming in for a landing (I was a crew member in the back end of an RC-130, so I rarely saw what was going on outside - they called us bats because it was like we were in a cave), the pilot let me come up to the cockpit to watch. We were flying through some huge puffy cumulus clouds on our descent. Then we broke through, and there was Fuji-san in the late afternoon sun, surrounded by all these puff balls of clouds. It was extraordinary! It's one of my favorite places on earth.

Palzang
  • edited January 2007
    Thank you both. The full moon was the day after a typhoon, and really made an impression. Fuji-san is, as always, an uplifting sight.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2007
    OMG! Where's the snow??? Mount Fuji looks naked. Makes me want to cry.

Beautiful pics though, Engyo. Stunning moon shot.

Thanks BF. But I still don't have it. I was using the "manage files" button but the problem is that when I click "Browse" I can't open Picasa 2 to choose the pic. As soon as I click on Picasa 2 it just...oh, I'll just keep trying. I'll figure it out. I've got the first two layers of the Rubik's Cube done. Surely I can do this....
    edited January 2007
    Brigid wrote:
    OMG! Where's the snow??? Mount Fuji looks naked. Makes me want to cry.

Beautiful pics though, Engyo. Stunning moon shot.

Thanks BF. But I still don't have it. I was using the "manage files" button but the problem is that when I click "Browse" I can't open Picasa 2 to choose the pic. As soon as I click on Picasa 2 it just...oh, I'll just keep trying. I'll figure it out. I've got the first two layers of the Rubik's Cube done. Surely I can do this....

Frigid...

If you're using Picasa - you will probably have to save the images you want to upload to your pc. Then you would be able to upload them. I'm pretty sure that web applications can't share images...

PM me if you want some help, punkin.

-bf
  • edited January 2007
    WOW, amazing pictures Engyo. Thanks for sharing...I love them.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2007
    Frigid, bf?! That's just plain rude. Chilly maybe, but...

Palzang
    edited January 2007
    Ooops.

Is my (freudian) slip showing?

I'm sorry Boo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2007
    You can call me Frigid! No apology necessary at all, BF. I don't mind at all. Or Chilly Chick, since I love the cold. But I'd hate to be called Rigid. lol!

Thanks so much for your offer, BF. I will take you up on it sometime in the next few weeks because I'm frustrating myself like crazy trying to figure it out on my own. Somehow I have to resize the pics if I want to upload them from My Pictures but Picasa is supposed to do that automatically but I can't...wait...I'll save this for my PM to you. I'll give the uploading another shot as soon as I can generate some patience.

Love,
    Frigid
    edited January 2007
    Brigid wrote:
    You can call me Frigid! No apology necessary at all, BF. I don't mind at all. Or Chilly Chick, since I love the cold. But I'd hate to be called Rigid. lol!

Thanks so much for your offer, BF. I will take you up on it sometime in the next few weeks because I'm frustrating myself like crazy trying to figure it out on my own. Somehow I have to resize the pics if I want to upload them from My Pictures but Picasa is supposed to do that automatically but I can't...wait...I'll save this for my PM to you. I'll give the uploading another shot as soon as I can generate some patience.

Love,
    Frigid

I'm ready when you are!

-bf
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2007
    Careful, bf, sounds like she's warming up!

Palzang