Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Pictures of Home

Comments

• buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited January 2007
    Yeah...

I warm all the ladies up. Cuz, that's what I do out here Pal. Haven't you heard? I troll the boards looking to pick up chicks.

I warm 'em up - until they see me. Then it all goes down the toilet.

Pay no attention to Pal, Brigid - we will get those pictures uploaded!

Away, with you Black Monk of Sedona! I have an Internet Keyboard of Forums. It gives me +5 hit points!

-bf
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2007
    No, the black monk of Sedona is named Kamil. And as for your +5 hit points, you can take it up with Mahakala when you meet him! (I took the liberty of arranging a meeting - how's 3 am tomorrow sound?)

Palzang
    edited January 2007
    Palzang wrote:
    No, the black monk of Sedona is named Kamil. And as for your +5 hit points, you can take it up with Mahakala when you meet him! (I took the liberty of arranging a meeting - how's 3 am tomorrow sound?)

Palzang

You are so on!, beyotch!

Have him meet me in my mom's basement. I'll be the guy down there in my underwear in front of the keyboard.

But, if I have to call him Mahakala, he has to address me as Azriel - Paladin of Dark Shorts Stains!

:PWNED:

-bf
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2007
    Well, he'll call you whatever he wants to call you. I did make a special request for him to bring his bag of sickness with - just for you!

Palzang
    edited January 2007
    Damnit, Fede!

Palzang is NOT playing fair again. All Dungeon Masters know that you HAVE to address all Paladins by their full name or you don't even get to roll the attack dice.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say he was wearing his +5 Cloak of Stupidity.

-bf
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2007
    No, it's just my palantir of invulnerability.

Palzang
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2007
    Complete with invisible 'Cogitoergosum' pocket.

And what the heck is a 'Palantir' exactly - !?
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2007
    You'd have to be a D&D addict or a LOTR fan to know that one, Fede.

Palzang
  • edited January 2007
    Well, I am trying not to get too excited, but here are some pictures of what might be my new home soon. We found a farm for sale, and it is my dream home. There aren't any pictures of the actual house here, but we are going to take some this weekend. It's a house from 1917, which has been completely gutted and remodeled, and it's gorgeous. We were thinking of moving to a different state, but this came up, and I just don't know if I can pass it up! Keep your fingers crossed for me!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2007
    Looks wonderful. Did you know my family name translates (loosely) as "dairy farmer"? I could come and milk the moos!

Palzang
  • edited January 2007
    I could help you Palzang............My grandfather was a dairy farmer and I had to always help in the summer time........

We could do the milking while Kim tends to her organic garden........ :)

As long as she has sweet tea for us when we are done. Can't live on a farm without drinking sweet tea............lol
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2007
    Actually I've never really milked a cow, but I could learn! It's just like working a milk dispenser, isn't it?

Palzang
    edited January 2007
    I don't know that I'd want to milk a cow.

My dad said that he used to hate it when he'd get hit upside the head with a cowtail full of cowcrap.

Mmmm! Farm life - ain't it good?

Kim and her man are gonna have some good, ole tahms! Make sure you get all them head lice out.

-bf
  • edited January 2007
    Yes Palzang........Milking a cow is just like working a milk dispenser. teehee

BF, Love the pic.............lol you don't get head lice from a farm...........you get that at school........lol if ya got kids...........check their heads.........
    edited January 2007
    See?

I try to front all like I know what I'm talkin' 'bout...

And I fail miserably :)

-bf
  • edited January 2007
    The problem BF is the talk...........ya got to talk it like they walk it............You ain't said ain't one time........

What ya mean there ain't no fried pickles left.

also to help you out...........you must say........

tired...........I'm tard
    tire.............got a flat tar or busted tar
    tar.................they put tar on the road
    there is a 4th tar too but can't think of it

what time ya be home? dark 30

when you have your picture taken....... you're makin a pitcher or I'm gonna have my pitcher made.......

when you lay out to get a tan..........you're takin a sun tan

these are just a few of southern Missouri expressions...........there are 1000's more. lol

I love Missouri.......................lololol

Oh yeah, one more ...............Creek...........Lets go wadin in the Crick
  • edited January 2007
    Oh, love the Missouri talk. But you are forgetting one important thing...it's not Missouri...it's MIZZURAH. Do you have any idea how crazy it makes me when people say that??? That's no "A" on the end of Missouri. Seriously, what's with that???!!!!

Anyways, we don't drink cow's milk, we drink goat's milk, so I could definitely use help milking my goats! The cows will simply be our pets. :)
  • edited January 2007
    bf - what the heck kind of farms have you been to? LICE???!!! My favorite part of that picture you posted is the tattoo's that were crossed off on that guys arm! LOL!!!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2007
    YogaMama wrote:
    Oh, love the Missouri talk. But you are forgetting one important thing...it's not Missouri...it's MIZZURAH. Do you have any idea how crazy it makes me when people say that??? That's no "A" on the end of Missouri. Seriously, what's with that???!!!!

Anyways, we don't drink cow's milk, we drink goat's milk, so I could definitely use help milking my goats! The cows will simply be our pets. :)

Back in Illinois we called it Misery.

Palzang
  • edited January 2007
    Palzang, Many in Missouri call it Misery too...........When it's 90 degrees and the humidity is 95% here on the river. I too call it Misery.......

YM, I don't know what the deal is with the a on the end but many do it and I have issues with it too......
    That was my favorite part of BF's pic too.............Too funny
    edited January 2007
    Hey...

Growin' up, I heard

"oooooooooooooooh! I just loooooooove that bedroom suit." I'm sure she meant suite - but that's Kentucky for ya

Mmmmmm! That's raunchy! (ie. that smells and/or tastes good) !?!?!?

I got a cut and now the wound is full of information.

I choked on some salava.

That one is pine blank to the other'n.

I never heard nothin like that in all ma born daaaaaaaaaaaaays!

I smashed my finger and now it's a thobbin'.

My word! That thing is <adjective> than an I don't know what! (so... that thing is bigger than an I don't know what or he is hairier than an I don't know what!)

Oi!

-bf
  • edited January 2007
    LOL
  • edited January 2007
    thatbe a nice little of the grid job, for sure.
  • edited January 2007
    Iawa wrote:
    thatbe a nice little of the grid job, for sure.

I'm not sure what that means. :scratch:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2007
    I think it mean "off the grid" as in off the electricity grid.\

A very beautiful place, Yoga! It's a lot like where I live right now, although we're selling soon. If it is like where I live, you're going to really love it. The silence alone is the most beautiful thing in the world, not to mention the sunrises and sunsets. And the fresh air and the ....well, I could go on and on! lol!
  • edited April 2007
    Yogamama...any news about the farm?
    It looks gorgeous!
    My aunt has a farm in MISSOURI. I can't wait to visit her this June.
  • edited April 2007
    Hi Sharpiegirl!

the farm that I posted pictures of did not work out. The seller changed her mind and decided to stay there. Then we found an even better one, that sits on 20 acres. So it has worked out well for us. We are supposed to move in next week, on the 12th. We are just having some small issues that need to be worked out with the appraisal on the farm, so hopefully, that will all be fine and we will be moving in.

Where is your aunts farm in Missouri?

Oh, and after the seller of the farm pictured here changed her mind, we found out that it is back on the market, so she must have changed her mind again!

Thanks for asking. :)
    edited April 2007
    A friend of mine took a picture from the office building where their mother works.

A picture of our downtown falls.

-bf
  • edited April 2007
    That's amazing! I wish I worked there so I could see that everyday.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited April 2007
    Where is it? Looks like Ohio - Cuyahoga Falls? Probably not...

Palzang
  • edited October 2007
    buddhafoot wrote: »
    Brigid,

It's one that I took and enhanced while on a vacation on the Oregon Coast. This was taken in Cannon Beach and the rock is called Haystack Rock.

Washington and Oregon have some stunning scenery...

-bf

Oh! I knew that rock looked familiar. My sister lives in Portland and we went to see the beach right at that spot when I went to see her last year.

Nice picture.
  • edited October 2007
    Someone was talking about tar? (I quoted and then found I quoted the wrong message...)

What in tar-nation?
  • edited November 2007
    Thought I'd post a recent picture of one of our Brahma chickens just after I let them all out of the coop.

SSPX0079.jpg
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited November 2007
    starstuff wrote: »
    Someone was talking about tar? (I quoted and then found I quoted the wrong message...)

What in tar-nation?

You know what intarnation is, don't you? That's when you get reborn as a hill-billy...

BTW, I thought they were Brahma bulls, not chickens! How the heck would you ride a Brahma chicken?

Palzang
  • edited November 2007
    Sorry...they aren't that big...just called brahma! Besides, how would you buckle the saddle down on them? They are, actually, pretty big birds and will lay consistently throughout the winter cold! A plus when the other lighter breeds stop laying eggs!
  • edited November 2007
    I just have to put in another post here...I am continually amazed at the beauty I experience each morning I go out to feed all of our critters and also the beauty of the evening when I check everyone and put them all to bed!
  • edited November 2007
    Here's a better picture of everyone!

SSPX0029.jpg
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited November 2007
    Suezy 2:

I Like your Location, wherever that is.

How nice to have such rarified neigbours! I imagine their personalities are awesome. A couple look quite like very pleasant neighbours indeed.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited November 2007
    So the white guys are the Brahmas? Little hard to tell in the original pic. I guess you could always hire them out to the rodeo when they come into town. Be a good novelty attraction - Brahma chicken riding!

Palzang
  • edited November 2007
    (brahma chicken riding) :D:D:D:D That's a good one!

Thanks, Nirvana! We love where we live! Southeastern Ohio in the middle of the original family farm circa 1806...our kitchen is the original log cabin that was built here. Much better still, we are far enough from the road we hardly hear any traffic.

All the chickens are awesome! They free-range all day long (weather permitting). The little guy in the middle is our Seabright rooster----he's a handful!!! The geese give him plenty of room when he struts near.
  • edited November 2007
    Hey Suezy! We have the same chickens as you! Our Brahma is a bantam and she is so cute. We had 2 of them, but lost one because of a crooked beak and she couldn't pick up food. It was so sad. Anyways, frim what I can tell in your other picture with all the chickens, we have all the same kinds of chicks as you. Are those Americana's? And Barred Rocks? Do you have any guineas? We have a total of 40 birds at our place, and they all freee range all day as well. Actually, we have added 3 more since yesterday. My husband came home with some Muscovie Ducks and they are fun. Where is your farm? What state?
  • edited November 2007
    She's got a chicken to ri-ide, She's got a chicken to ri-i-ide, She's got a chicken to ri-ide, and she don't care!
  • edited November 2007
    Thanks, Starstuff! That's was good!!!

YogaMama...we have a flock of 30...auricana, comet, silkie, brahma, barred rock and the Seabright rooster and a hen (we had 2 but one mysteriously disappeared!). They are wonderful and they are free-ranging all day long, without fences! It's a leap of faith on our part because we have so many raccoon and coyote and 'possum around here. We do have a wonderful dog who knows who should be on the farm and who should not....we're counting on him! We also have a gaggle of geese...I learn so much from them! We used to have pygmy goats but I don't have the energy for them anymore! No guineas...thought about it but don't think I can stand the noise!!! Thought about Muscovie's but they tend to be REALLY dirty! Let me know how you fare!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2007
    starstuff wrote: »
    She's got a chicken to ri-ide, She's got a chicken to ri-i-ide, She's got a chicken to ri-ide, and she don't care!

Oh I know that one....
    It's from "lay lady Lay", by Bob Dhicken

Oh, enough now.... :D
  • edited November 2007
    Suezy2 wrote: »
    Thanks, Starstuff! That's was good!!!

[\QUOTE]

I knew someone would get it :)

:crazy:
  • edited November 2007
    Well, the ducks are gone! That was fast. Came home yesterday and they were gone and we have not found them. Not sure if a predator got them, or if our dogs ran them off because they were "different" and not a normal part of the flock, but I am sad that they are gone already. And it's cold out now, so I just hope they do ok. We'll keep looking.

Suezy, yes the guineas are noisy, but they crack us up and the noise doesn't bother us. I think it's pretty cute. :) And they eat a ton of ticks, snakes and bugs! We love our chickens, and like you, we are taking a chance because we don't have fencing up for them either and we have tons of coyotes, but we also have two Great Pyrenees who are excellent guardians. Here are some recent pictures from our place. Enjoy!
  • edited November 2007
    Nice pictures!!!:thumbsup: Grand Pyrenees are supposed to be wonderful guard dogs! Sorry to hear your ducks have disappeared.

Here is picture of our 'protector'...

SSPX0046.jpg
  • edited November 2007
    I certainly wouldn't mess with him! What kind of dog is he?
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited November 2007
    WOWED BY THE URL:

http://newlifeorganicfarm.wordpress.com/

Hey, YogaMama, thanks for the photos.

Is this Amish Country?

What're you all up to?
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited November 2007
    Wow, that's quite a spread you got there, YM! Looks beautiful, and with a beautiful family to go with it!

Palzang