Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Pictures of Home

12346»

Comments

• PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Nice to see a picture of your llama.

Palzang
  • FyreShamanFyreShaman Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Palzang wrote: »
    Nice to see a picture of your llama.

Palzang

This was after he disrobed, of course! LOL :)

We used to have llamas in the field near my home. Thier favourite trick was to let people get all 'cuddly' over them - and then spit in their faces! LOL :)

The alpacas are much more freindly. ;)
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Yes, llamas can get downright nasty. I remember seeing one in the zoo when I was a kid though that had me literally rolling on the floor. It was a hot day, so he/she came inside and just stuck its feet in the drinking water in the cage, then just stood there looking like nothing at all was going on. Couldn't stop laughing. But then, I was a weird little boy...

Palzang
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2010
    I love the stone walls in Britain.

Those are some gorgeous horses, Yeshe. Well taken care of. We live on a non-working farm and more and more of our neighbours are getting horses. It's great. There's only one farm around us that keeps lamas though.

Your Buddha actually does look cold. Must be the snow that has accumulated on his shoulders. It makes him look like he's hunching over in the cold.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Yes, llamas can get downright nasty. I remember seeing one in the zoo when I was a kid though that had me literally rolling on the floor. It was a hot day, so he/she came inside and just stuck its feet in the drinking water in the cage, then just stood there looking like nothing at all was going on. Couldn't stop laughing. But then, I was a weird little boy...

Palzang
    What do you mean you 'were'?
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    I was speaking rhetorically...

Palzang
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Lol!!
  • edited July 2010
    I hope this Imageshack flash slideshow player works. Some pictures I've taken. Some are from around Tucson, AZ, USA. A few are from a trip I took through the Sierra Nevada mtns in eastern Cali.

<embed src="%3Ca%20href=" http:="" img686.imageshack.us="" slideshow="" smilplayer.swf="" target="_blank"><embed src="http://img686.imageshack.us/slideshow/smilplayer.swf" width="426" height="320" name="smilplayer" id="smilplayer" bgcolor="FFFFFF" menu="false" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="id=img686/p10001545625474.jpg"/>
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Makes me miss Arizona (where I lived for 11 years until 2008).

Palzang
  • edited July 2010
    Picture1003.jpg
    The local beach in the winter.

Picture036.jpg
    My bike in the summer.
  • MountainsMountains Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Palzang - never, ever, under any circumstances call an Alpaca a Llama. Alpaca people get very put out when people do that :)

Here's the view out the living room window of my recently vacated home:

KellysKnob2.jpg

And this is just down the road (one of only six covered bridges in Virginia):

PICT0072.JPG

For now we're living in the big city of Big Lick (aka Roanoke) where the scenery isn't nearly this nice. But someday we'll be back in the country!

Mtns
  • TreeLuvr87TreeLuvr87 Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Mountains, GORGEOUS pictures! I love this state!

I was out near Roanoke hiking up to McAfee Knob about a month ago. Had planned to stay overnight but ended up hiking back out before nightfall. What a gorgeous place!!
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited July 2010

Palzang

Oh God, does that mean I'm going to turn out like you? :p
    I once went to a far for my birthday. I pretended to get electrecuted to death, spat a llama straight in the face and here's a conversation me and the host had,
    Host: Here are the reindeer.
    Cool. Where's rudolf.
    There
    Where's his red nose.
    It doesn't have batteries in yet.
    You know I am 7

Nickijjooeeoodljeellybeardleyyn
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited July 2010
    2 images from my visa run to burma which is now myanmar I think ... And 2 of where I live, hua hin.

Tom :)
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited July 2010
    fletcher, that winter time beach scene is very atmospheric. I have never actually seen a bitch with snow on it before lol.. deprived!
    Mountains, how many colours do you want in the foliage outside of your window :p haha
    Wow, kenny you have captured some wicked shots, i love the cold blue eye of that dog. It's interesting that a lot of these images people post are of rural areas, is that where the majority of the people here live in that case?
  • RichardHRichardH Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Midtown Toronto, and the Bruce Trail just outside of Toronto.
    edited July 2010
    Killarney provincial Park is on the North shore of Georgian Bay in Ontario. It contains the La Cloche mountaind, a range of pure white quartz, very ancient and unique. It is classified as a true wilderness park as opposed to mixed use. Access is restricted in number and then only by canoe or hiking. It is the heart of the Canadian landscape painting tradition. These are photos from my last annual October trip. At that time of year you do not encounter other people on the the portage trails. The weather also turns fast with storms coming in from the north west.
    edited July 2010
    Richard, your home is gorgeous!! Love the ivy! And a lovely shot from the Bruce Trail. I now know which area of Canada I'll be visiting when I finally get up that way.
    edited July 2010
    TreeLuvr87 wrote: »
    Richard, your home is gorgeous!! Love the ivy! And a lovely shot from the Bruce Trail. I now know which area of Canada I'll be visiting when I finally get up that way.
    hey thanks. I'm just uploading some more pics of the region
    edited July 2010
    more killarney ...ok enough.:o
    edited July 2010
    All so gorgeous, Richard! You've sealed the deal for me; I'm getting out on some trails this weekend. Was debating between that or a winery tour. No idea how that even became a tough choice lol.
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Canada look beautiful :D

9972_1754A_IMG_01_0000.JPG

That's my house, it's for sale.
    Here's our back garden
    9972_1754A_IMG_09_0000.JPG
    The back of our house:
    9972_1754A_IMG_08_0000.JPG
    and our side garden
    9972_1754A_IMG_10_0000.JPG

Nickidoodle Jellybean