Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Bill Clinton Turns To Buddhist Meditation

For health reasons, Clinton has hired a Buddhist monk to teach him meditation.
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/08/bill-clinton-buddhist-meditation/

Comments

• ummmm not sure these go together isnt this like drinking water when your not thirsty?
  • BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    edited January 2013
    HIRED a buddhist monk?.... well I don't see where he hired one thats good anyways lol. Bill clinton may have a hard time with the 4th precept(no sexual misconduct) ! lol
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited January 2013
    Jayantha said:

HIRED a buddhist monk?...

Good point. Maybe "hired" just means "engaged the services of", like a "hired" volunteer. I wasn't able to find any info re: what tradition the monk represents.

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    Jayantha said:

HIRED a buddhist monk?.... well I don't see where he hired one thats good anyways lol. Bill clinton may have a hard time with the 4th precept(no sexual misconduct) ! lol

As there been some more recent affair? Or are you still going back to an event that happened 15 years ago. If so, isn't it time -- as a Buddhist -- to put that in the past?

robotMaryAnneInvincible_summer
  • BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    vinlyn said:

Jayantha said:

As there been some more recent affair? Or are you still going back to an event that happened 15 years ago. If so, isn't it time -- as a Buddhist -- to put that in the past?

oh forever more there is such a thing as comedy :) although Mr. Clinton's libido is famous and still joked about today ( as evidenced by the recent picture with him eyeing up some blonde woman). Regardless what he does is of no concern to any of us.
  • Bill Clinton is still a well respected and influential world leader. It can only make things better if he becomes Buddhist.
  • Hillary in 2016! With a Buddhist Bill behind her.
    Jeffreyzombiegirl
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    According to the article, he's also turned vegan. Go Bill! Even I haven't been bold enough to attempt that yet.

I hope it helps.
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    "Hillary in 2016! With a Buddhist Bill behind her."

Bill needs a Buddhist ... Hillary needs a hair stylist and someone with better taste in clothes. :)
    federica
  • ZeroZero Veteran
    edited January 2013
    What the article doesnt mention is that he appears to be a Grey!
  • Dakini said:

For health reasons, Clinton has hired a Buddhist monk to teach him meditation.
    http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/08/bill-clinton-buddhist-meditation/

I have heard of gun for hire but not come across a monk for hire. How much does it cost?
  • "For hire" doesn't necessarily mean for money. (See previous post on that question.)
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited January 2013
    genkaku said:

Bill needs a Buddhist ... Hillary needs a hair stylist and someone with better taste in clothes. :)

'... My Momma said a lady ain't what she wears but what she knows…'
    --India Arie

zombiegirl
  • I have heard of gun for hire but not come across a monk for hire. How much does it cost?
    :D
    If they are any good, all of our ignorance. A small price to pay. Maybe mind training for our politicians should be compulsory?

I, [presidential dharma name], do solemnly affirm that I will support and defend the integrity of the United World against all obstacles, unknown and internal; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Common good; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me Buddha.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_inauguration
    Dakini
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    edited January 2013
    genkaku said:

Sorry @genkaku I'm normally a big fan of your comments on this site but I have to say, this gave me a bit of the UGH.

I could belabor the point by explaining the obvious of why this annoys me, but I'd rather just let Hillary do it for me. She was asked once in an interview what designers she wears, to which she simply responded, "Would you ever ask a man that question?"
    Invincible_summervinlyn
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran

According to the article, he's also turned vegan. Go Bill! Even I haven't been bold enough to attempt that yet.

I hope it helps.

I tried it for about 6-7 months. I have to say it's easier for me to keep precepts and a regular meditation practice than to not eat dairy :lol:
    zombiegirl