Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Rediculousness

So I walk out of the bathroom and as I'm exiting and walking around the corner into my living room where my mom is sitting on the couch a burp out of nowhere jumps out of my gut and exits through my mouth it was a decently loud belch.

My mom looks at me and immediately starts yelling at me saying that its very disrespectful as if I was directing my burp at her. goes on a rant expressing her anger.

Trying to keep my tongue cool and avoid saying something to foolish I still trip up by laughing then she complains some more. I try to give some constructive critisism how it wasn't directed towards her and she's taking things a little out if proportion.

Well I learned something from this anger is one of those i need to develop patience and compassion towards.

Anyone have some bumpers because I throw alot of gutter balls!
Tosh

Comments

• MaryAnneMaryAnne Veteran
    edited April 2013
    One compassionate way to look at this seemingly 'ridiculous' situation is to realize that when someone really over-reacts to something so trivial, it means there is *usually* something else going on in that person's mind that may not be obvious to anyone else.

Your mom may have other things on her mind, (possibly not even anything to do with you), and that burp just hit her the wrong way at the wrong time. Moms are usually not so thin skinned and easily ruffled.... something must be bothering her. Be a little extra mindful for a while, be a little patient, too.
    personVastmind
  • ZeroZero Veteran
    blu3ree said:

Trying to keep my tongue cool and avoid saying something to foolish I still trip up by laughing then she complains some more. I try to give some constructive critisism how it wasn't directed towards her and she's taking things a little out if proportion.
    Well I learned something from this anger is one of those i need to develop patience and compassion towards.

Anyone have some bumpers because I throw alot of gutter balls!

Why did you not apologise for upsetting her? Try to see it from her view, from her proportions.
    If it's a medical condition then seek guidance from your doctor, if not then be considerate around others.
    MaryAnne