Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The "Troubles & What-ails-thee" Corkboard.

1235»

Comments

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited April 2008
    I would like to ask everyone to please keep John in their thoughts and prayers. He has a spot on the roof of his mouth that we are going to have to watch and possibly will have to have a biopsy done.

It seems as soon as you relax and think things are getting better and going to be ok.........Here comes something else. Cancer keeps you on your toes. It's a scary thing!

Namaste'
    It'll be okay, Deb. Whatever it turns out to be, you can handle it. There is a great depth and breadth of strength in you both and you've already gone through the big fire. The small fire, if turns out to be more cancer, will be easier to handle. It's going to be okay. I'm thinking of you everyday, Deb, and adding my strength to your heart and mind. Sending all my love...
  • edited April 2008
    Thank you Boo
  • edited April 2008
    update
    John went for his ct scan results today and got an excellent report. :)
    They do not think the spot in his mouth is cancer but may do a biopsy in a couple of weeks just to be on the safe side.
    Thank you for your thoughts and prayers...........

Namaste'
  • edited April 2008
    Still in there with you - light and love surround you!
  • edited April 2008
    Thank you Knitwitch
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited April 2008
    I'm so glad, Deb! Sending you love...
  • edited June 2008
    Update:
    .John now has a small hole that has developed in his mouth. They think the cancer has come back and he is having a P.E.T. scan done tomorrow morning. :bawling:

If you would please put him back in your thoughts and prayers I would so appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Deb
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2008
    I'll be praying my heart out for him, Deb, and for you, and the whole family. My love and hugs are on the way right now. I'm thinking of you constantly.
  • edited June 2008
    May both of you be bathed in Love and Light - my prayers are with you.
  • edited June 2008
    Thank you!!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2008
    You know we're behind you all the way, Deb....

Take care of yourself, and stay in touch.
    We send you and your husband all our love and good wishes..

XX
  • edited June 2008
    I'm so sorry to hear that, Deb. I will be keeping John and you in my thoughts and prayers.
  • edited June 2008
    Thank you!!
  • edited June 2008
    Dear Deb,

Today, my meditation group dedicated ~5 minutes of chanting "Om Mani Padme Hum" to John's good health.

Best wishes to both of you.
  • edited June 2008
    That was so very kind of you.........Thank you Jacx

We have received the results of John's tests. The ct and pet scan were clear. The hole they think is from deterioration from so much radiation. They won't know for sure without a biopsy but feel they should wait another 4 weeks before deciding whether to biopsy or not.

I guess it will be this way........They scare you....then they say they think it is ok......but lets wait and see.... I know the things we are suppose to be learning from this but....they are very hard lessons.... patients, attachment etc.... it's hard.....guess no one ever said it would be easy......

Thank you all again for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers......

Namaste'
  • edited June 2008
    OK New Buddhist Buddies ............

Always look on the bright side of life , do di do, di do di do di do

I find it sometimes help to have a good sing with your mates when it really gets tough, Deb. (((((((((hugs)))))))

• edited June 2008
    LOL :lol: Thanks Knitwitch.....too funny

but as I sing along... do di do, di do di do di do :bigclap:

I see what you mean......I do feel much better.....
  • edited June 2008
    Well there you go Deb - when it gets rough and you think you are on your own, have quick "Do di do" with me and you'll know that you aren't.

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2008
    I'm singing along too!
  • edited June 2008
    Thanks Boo! heehee
  • edited June 2008
    I have a little ritual I do every morning - I light a candle and invite the Light to be on, in and through me and once I have that established, I bring all my friends and family and anyone who needs it into the circle of Light around me.

This morning when I did it, I thought about you and your husband and found myself humming the Always Look on the Bright Side song and sent a big cheerful laugh which I think might have got through!
  • edited July 2008
    Please keep John in your thoughts and prayers.

He will be having surgery soon. They feel it is best to try and close the area in his mouth due to the risk of infection. They do not know if it will heal or not so he will also be doing 6 weeks in a Hyperbaric Chamber ( sp? no clue ) 5 days a week for 2-3 hours a day. They hope this will help the healing process.

Namaste'
    Deb
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2008
    I'll be thinking of you and sending prayers and deepest wishes, Deb.

All my love,
    Boo
  • edited July 2008
    Hi Deb,

I will be thinking of both of you and hoping that the healing process goes well for John.

Lots of love,
    Kim
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited July 2008
    Deb, Much love and all the very, very best we can all wish you, for your serenity and peace of Mind, and for John's well-being, fortitude and healing.
  • edited July 2008
    Boo, Kim and Fede,

Thank you very much!

Namaste'
    Deb
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited July 2008
    Every morning, Deb!
  • edited July 2008
    Still in my prayers too.
  • edited November 2008
    Thank you Simon and Knitwitch!

John is doing well. The surgery didn't work but the Hyperbaric Chamber helped.

I would like to ask all of you to please put my friend Becky Stein in your thoughts and prayers. She had a heart transplant this evening. She also has a blood clotting problem so that adds more complications. She is 37 years old and has a 7 year old daughter. Last report she was doing well and the new heart was beating on it's own.

Thank you,
    Namaste'
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited November 2008
    Will do, Deb. I'll be thinking about Becky and her daughter and hoping all goes well. I'm sending you and John all my love and wishes for peace and joy as well, as always. I'm sorry the surgery didn't work but I'm glad the Chamber was good. I'll be sending prayers for health, Deb, and please know that I'm always thinking of you.
  • edited November 2008
    Still thinking of you all.
  • edited February 2009
    I would like to ask everyone to add the ppl of Lone Grove Oklahoma in their prayers.

They were hit by a tornado last night and last time I heard the count was up to 15 ppl have died.

My brother and his wife live there and my sister in-law was home alone when it hit. She hid in a closet and she is physically fine. All of their dogs and horses lived thru it. The vet believes that 3 of the horses were taken up in the torando. Their eyes are swollen shut and they have burns from debris but seem to be ok.

The house didn't do so well........and they will probably have to rebuild but they are all alive and even tho they are in shock and devastated they know how lucky they are and how much worse it could have been.....
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, it's really bad down there. One of our monks lives in Melbourne, and he said it has been like the hot hell realms down there - 117 degrees! It really doesn't get very hot in Melbourne normally, so a lot of people don't even have air conditioning. So in addition to the fire deaths (which are predicted to top 200), there have also been a large number of deaths due to heat. The monk said he had to go to a shopping mall just to keep cool because his house doesn't have a/c. Yikes!

Palzang
  • edited February 2009
    Just found out the tornado that hit Lone Grove was an F4. I think that is winds up to 170 miles per hour. I can't even imagine how scared my sister in-law Lori was.....

And the poor ppl who lost loved ones.
  • edited September 2009
    About an hour ago, someone informed me that a teacher from my high school has cancer...he taught me for two years, coached me in field hockey, and is the most optimistic person I know. :bawling:
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited September 2009
    mel2643 wrote: »
    About an hour ago, someone informed me that a teacher from my high school has cancer...he taught me for two years, coached me in field hockey, and is the most optimistic person I know. :bawling:
    That actually happened to me not long ago; found out one of my favorite teachers had died suddenly at an absurdly young age from brain cancer; left behind a wife and two young daughters. So tragic :(