Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The "Troubles & What-ails-thee" Corkboard.

edited September 2009 in General Banter
If no one minds, I'm posting a sign-up sheet in the lounge. It's on the corkboard that's right across from the door.

I just read YogaMama's post concerning her surgery, and then I recalled Xrayman's post about his troubles, and then our impromptu energy outbox for Genryu, not to mention countless other posts that I've stumbled on, and it got me thinking. So I'm posting this thread to serve as a place where you can request others to send some positive energy your way.

Now, don't everyone rush across the room at once...

Comments

• edited August 2006
    Excellent idea!! I am already signed up!
  • edited August 2006
    In the past, I have found that emails sent to me by certain people to be very healing...the energy would flow through the keyboard...believe it or not.

So...here is a packet of energy for whomever is reading it.

*Namaste*
  • edited August 2006
    I would like to add my thoughts, prayers and positive energy!

Great idea!!

Namaste'
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2006
    I love the idea of a metta board! Count me in!
  • edited August 2006
    I think that it sounds fantastic! Count me in, too!

Adiana:usflag:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2006
    Oh, tick my name and count me in!:ukflag: :grin: :bigclap: :wavey: :thumbsup:
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Hahahaha... funny. On the corkboard... :)

I'm in.

-bf
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2006
    Rambling....
    I took the dia-bleedin'-bolical liberty of renaming the thread as a corkboard, seeing as it is so appropriate.... and I have stickied it.

I think it's a blessedly wonderful idea.

Thank you for putting it into practise. :)
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited August 2006
    ::

* Supplying Push-pins and Installing Water Cooler *

::
    edited August 2006
    :lol::lol::lol:

Perfect!
  • edited August 2006
    Sweet!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2006
    The men will be coming by on Friday to install the small fridge and cappuccino machine (which also makes regular coffee) and I'm sending along a few kettles, tea pots, tea, mugs, small plates and biscuits. If this is going to work we've got to have a little tea with our sympathy. Oh, and spoons, milk, sugar....
  • edited August 2006
    Yes, nothing like a good cup of hot tea........Always makes me feel better. Thanks Boo :)
  • edited August 2006
    Honey in mine, please!
    edited September 2006
    I'm installing a vending machine for us computer-types... Here are some wonderful tastes to delight your pieholes!

-bf
    edited September 2006
    And more!

-bf
    edited September 2006
    Can't see the corkboard.....It's obscured by the water cooler, the tea machine, the small fridge and cappuccino machine (which also makes regular coffee), a few kettles, tea pots, tea, mugs, small plates and biscuits, spoons, milk, sugar, and a vending machine ....!! :rant: :tonguec: :lol:
  • edited September 2006
    Don't worry -- I'm in the process of converting the entire back wall of the lounge into a single, giant corkboard.
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited September 2006
  • edited September 2006
    I'll bring the honey for ramblingonmyway and I have a wonderful tea blend that we drink every morning so I'll bring it too.........I know you tea drinkers will love it. This is so exciting.........I can't wait till the construction is done...... ;)
  • edited September 2006
    too funny you all..lol

well i could print off some awesome pics we have posted here and maybe choose a small wall to make a collage of us all.. good strong energy when our presence is in the room.
    good stuff guys..
  • edited September 2006
    Why is there a tiger?
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Honey!!! Yes, of course! I have honey that's made just down the road from me. Can I bring some, too, Deb? I also have local organic rice and soy milks, regular, sugarless or vanilla.
    But the biscuits have to come from the UK. There's one kind in particular I've been craving ever since I had to come back to Canada but I forget what they're called. You get them at Mark's and Spencer's, they're oatmeal with chocolate on one side and they're round and we always ate tons of them when we were studying for our exams or writing papers. Hob Nobs? Is that it? Got to have some of those...No matter how badly your life is crumbling around your ears, a good, hot cup of tea and a packet of Hob Nobs can help you through...
  • edited September 2006
    Brigid

I loved your last post! My work as a Mediator is based almost entirely on your motto: no matter how bad things are, a cup of tea and a hob nob will make you feel better. Not sure about the chocolate ones though; the ones without chocolate are much better for dunking!

Martin.
    edited September 2006
    I just found a store in town that sells Hob Nobs...

-bf
    edited September 2006
    ....A pack of cards would be good.....

My landlord is an ex-Pilot, called Adrian. He had to go through a survival techniques course, and the instructor said that whatever you do, always include a pack of cards in your emergency survival kit......

You could be thousands of miles away from any sign of civilisation...... or marooned on a lonely island in the middle of the Pacific....
    Start playing a game of solitare, and within minutes, someone will come up behind you and say:
    "Red seven on black eight......"

So if ever you feel lost and lonesome....

A pack of cards would be good.....

And yeh, whot's with the tiger....? :D
    edited September 2006
    federica wrote:
    ....A pack of cards would be good.....

My landlord is an ex-Pilot, called Adrian. He had to go through a survival techniques course, and the instructor said that whatever you do, always include a pack of cards in your emergency survival kit......

You could be thousands of miles away from any sign of civilisation...... or marooned on a lonely island in the middle of the Pacific....
    Start playing a game of solitare, and within minutes, someone will come up behind you and say:
    "Red seven on black eight......"

Now that's funny :)

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Martin,

I forgot all about the Hob Nobs without chocolate! We ate tons of them and yes, they're the BEST for dunking. BF, you gotta get some! You'll love them.

Fede,

That's excellent advice! Yes, a deck of cards (or a few decks) is a must. I remember when one of my boyfriends broke up with me my best friends got me through by distracting me with Euchre. We played all hours of the night. Bless them.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited September 2006
    cool images-love the Japlish or Chinglish, or are they racist terms-I don't know anymore...
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited September 2006
    :whatever: *looks away disgusted* I wont bring up the concept i brought up a while ago concerning a "Agony Aunt" thread so users could send their moral dilemmas/problems and we provide some answers...All of a sudden "the Corkboard" seems to be the flavour of the month.:poke:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    LOL!!! Oh, I forgot all about that! Poor Xray!!! Always being ignored, bless your sweet heart!
    Well, then, just consider the idea to have been introduced originally by you and it took us this long to come to a consensus about it. And also, that we needed a new member to remind us. Does that help at all in any way? You know we love you, don't you?

Lots of hugs,
    Boo
  • edited September 2006
    Oops! Sorry, Xrayman -- I didn't know. But now that I do know, I shall place the box of mulitcolored, assorted push pins entirely in your care.
    edited September 2006
    Honestly....Some men are sooooo touchy.....!

Care to discuss it, Xrayman? we'll supply a shoulder, and as you can see from the detailed inventory above, pretty much everything else - !!:tonguec:

Hugs!
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2006
    *Moan, moan*

Just been to the dentist to have all the top teeth numbed and deep cleaned because of infection. Meditation and distraction worked in the chair [good piece of serendipitous wondering about the similarities between "the eagles are coming" (Tolkien) and "the angels are coming" (beecher Stowe)]. It's now, as the anaesthetic wears off that the trouble starts. Despite milk thistle (I agree, Fed - always use it) I am stumbling about and my mouth hurts - and I can't even have a cup of tea!!!!

Woe is me! The misery outweighs all joy!!

What a wuss you are, Simon.
    edited September 2006
    Good thing you don't go to my dentist, Simon.

Everytime I sit down in the chair, he says, "Is it safe?" And then shines the light in my eyes.

I know some weird people.

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    *Moan, moan*

Just been to the dentist to have all the top teeth numbed and deep cleaned because of infection. Meditation and distraction worked in the chair [good piece of serendipitous wondering about the similarities between "the eagles are coming" (Tolkien) and "the angels are coming" (beecher Stowe)]. It's now, as the anaesthetic wears off that the trouble starts. Despite milk thistle (I agree, Fed - always use it) I am stumbling about and my mouth hurts - and I can't even have a cup of tea!!!!

Woe is me! The misery outweighs all joy!!

What a wuss you are, Simon.

Ohhh, poor Simon!! Tooth pain is just the absolute worst! But your humour is well intact, hilarious post and I'm LMAO!!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Oops! Sorry, Xrayman -- I didn't know. But now that I do know, I shall place the box of mulitcolored, assorted push pins entirely in your care.

LOL!! Good one!!
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited September 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Good thing you don't go to my dentist, Simon.

Everytime I sit down in the chair, he says, "Is it safe?" And then shines the light in my eyes.

I know some weird people.

-bf

WTF?
    Buddhafoot,
    holy shit, the White Angel is my dentist too, (I don't know why he wants me to call him that) anyway, This one day I was running and he said I needed some dental work...

he said he was real good at root canal surgery, then I asked him did I need it he said "NO" then he shouted "Is it safe" and stuck a needle into my tooth-Funny, I don't remember much after that...

Thinking I might give marathon running, away

my tooth hurts like hell now, but I think I'll stay at home, rather than visit him again soon:eekblue:
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Corkboard...yea, great idea:bigclap:

regards,;)
    Xrayman
    edited September 2006
    Xrayman wrote:
    my tooth hurts like hell now, but I think I'll stay at home, rather than visit him again soon:eekblue:

A suitable solution would be to grab his wedding tackle, as he sits poised with the drill whirring, and quietly say: -

"Now, we're not going to hurt each other, are we....?"
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    "Wedding tackle"!! LMAO!!!
  • edited September 2006
    Simon,

Sorry to hear about your teeth pain! That is not any fun. Are you feeling any better now?

Kim
  • edited September 2006
    federica wrote:
    A suitable solution would be to grab his wedding tackle, as he sits poised with the drill whirring, and quietly say: -

"Now, we're not going to hurt each other, are we....?"

Fed,

OMG! ROFLMAO! Wedding Tackle
    that's a good one! HEHEHEHE! Good idea, though!

Adiana:thumbsup: :wow: ;) :wtf: :bowdown: :eekblue:
  • edited September 2006
    What is the best way to handle someone who continues to pick and make fun of you? It's always done in front of others and made to be a joke. It's done everytime you say something. You can't even have a serious conversation with anyone in the room because this person has to make a joke and many times not a nice joke of what you're saying. Always at your expensence. But does not do this to others. Just the one person.
  • edited September 2006
    * do / say nothing .. just hope she or others hear her sillyness amongest your silence
    * kick her..
    * confront her.. iv done that.. " ouch, do realize what you are saying? that is very very hurtful ".. hey ............. honesty always works girl!
    and if all else fails..
    * kick her.. lol
  • edited September 2006
    ps.. miss inthedharma

why do we always forget to just be honest.. maybe someone can come up with something better.. but what the heck
    IS WRONG WITH SAYING NICELY.. "YOU NO THAT HURTS, "

hmm i wonder why we shy away from honesty???
  • edited September 2006
    ""YOU NO THAT HURTS.. WHY WOULD YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT..""

sorry .. tehe.. i like my advice and im just practicing.. lol
    its late and im hoggin buddhist board space..lol
  • edited September 2006
    LOL Thanks Colleen for the advice........kick her heehee

In my studies this morning I read again but had forgotten ...........my feelings towards what she does is shenpa. But what she says and why is also shenpa. Hers is ego based. It makes her feel better, gives her puffed up satisfaction. Makes her feel more in control.
    Well, that is what the teachings say. I guess I need to figure out what it is about me that makes her feel like she needs to do this? She has done this almost from the 1st time I met her. Well it started the 2nd time we were together and seems to get worse everytime we are around each other. She is the mother of my granddaughter. Any more thoughts on this would be welcomed...........
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Hi, Deb. I need to mull this one over for a bit. Let me think about it and I'll get back to you, K?
    edited September 2006
    But what she says and why is also shenpa. Hers is ego based. It makes her feel better, gives her puffed up satisfaction. Makes her feel more in control.

Maybe that's just a front.....Maybe that's the impression she wants to give....whereas in fact, she does it because she inwardly feels she needs validation and attention...she needs to feed her low self-esteem...maybe she perceives you as having it all so 'together' that she feels inadequate, and has a desire to be your equal.....maybe she feels not in your presence, but in your shadow.....

Just reflecting....