Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Just for fun: the random, useless announcements thread!

1132133134135136138»

Comments

• Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran

Well this rogue sheep broke away from the flock and did a runner, it's been on the run for a few days now....I first spotted it a couple of days ago, leisurely munching away on some grass on another property up the road...not a care in the world...

Run sheep run, enjoy your freedom while it lasts ...

I had a weird dream

I was meeting up with @Jeroen to go to the newbuddhist group, ( it from what I gather from the dream was a physical in real life group and of all places was on the island-perhaps the mind was associating it with the local Buddhist group here), anyhow @Jeroen drove up in a beach buggy, got out and opened my car door and put two big blue holder bags inside, then got in and we drove off...
    Then the next minute I was on an electric bike with @Jeroen sitting behind me and as we were going up an hill, it was raining and water was gushing down the road towards us, so I turned the bike around and started to move back down the road, and all of a sudden @Jeroen turned to jelly and stated to wobble all over the place....Then I woke up because I needed to wee...I put it down to the cheap baked beans I had yesterday...the acid content in the tomato sauce must have been quite high, which must have inflame my bladder causing me to get up and. wee a lot during the night...

I told ya it was a weird dream ;):);)

lobsterJeroenDagobahZen

Well it's a beautiful Autumn's day, so I'm making the most of it...l

The beach is almost deserted...
    This. may be the last skinny dip of the season...

DagobahZen
    edited April 5

The other day when out op shopping, I spotted a pair of Ecco shoes for $15NZD, it was their colour coordination that got me ...They are made from Yak's leather...( I only buy leather things secondhand-would never buy new )

I gave them a bit of a polish with bees wax...really comfortable to wear...
    I love op shopping where most things are affordable...there's even one local op shop which has a free section, where one can find some really good stuff...plus all the books are free, I've picked up a few Dharma books there over the years...

lobsterJeroenDagobahZen

Went over to the city yesterday afternoon...
    On the way back I became mesmerised by the sky and clouds...
    Leaving Downtown Auckland with the Harbour bridge in view...

Just arriving in Matiatia bay you can see some of Auckland city's tall building in the distance

I stopped to take this of the sunsetting over Matiatia carpark

And last but not least ...I drove past my driveway and followed
    the sunsetting over Owhanake bay and the beautiful cloud colours..

DagobahZen
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Well @Shoshin1 I’m flattered you dreamed of me, even if I did turn to jelly and wobbled all over the place! Maybe it was a sign of some sort…

I was thinking of this bit of Shakespeare’s play As You Like It yesterday,

“All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely Players;
    They have their exits and their entrances,
    And one man in his time plays many parts”

It seems to me one of those quotes which make you change your viewpoint relative to the world, similar to this bit of the Diamond Sutra:

"So you should view this fleeting world --
    A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream,
    A flash of lightening in a summer cloud,
    A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream."

lobsterShoshin1DagobahZen
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Despite being crazy, I am working on a new website (Have not done one for years). Was looking for some of my most ancient logos. Most have sunk into the void ...

Will let you know when I have something. Anyhow in my searches I came across this olde link

https://newbuddhist.com/discussion/20446/do-schizophrenics-live-in-parallel-universes-is-this-dangerous

search engine (3rd most popular in the world ...)
    https://yandex.com

Shoshin1DagobahZen
  • @Shoshin1 said:
    Went over to the city yesterday afternoon...
    On the way back I became mesmerised by the sky and clouds...
    Leaving Downtown Auckland with the Harbour bridge in view...

Just arriving in Matiatia bay you can see some of Auckland city's tall building in the distance

I stopped to take this of the sunsetting over Matiatia carpark

And last but not least ...I drove past my driveway and followed
    the sunsetting over Owhanake bay and the beautiful cloud colours..

Wow! @Shoshin1 your neck of the woods is beautiful. What a beautiful part of the world you live in. 💚🙏💚

lobsterShoshin1

In the village yesterday after work...

This afternoon after work...

What a difference a day makes....Autumn is truly here...

DagobahZen

Managed to get in another dip...the water was a bit cooler, but still warmer than usual for this time of year...There has also been quite a few jellyfish around the bays...A few reports of swimmers getting stung....Their stings can be bloody painful...

Rain clouds started to gather and moved in then showers , so I called it a day...

lobsterDagobahZenmarcitko

Over the last two weeks I've picked up off the road, three dead mice, two dead ducks, and one pukeko and in the last month a couple of dead rabbits...All roadkill, by reckless drivers...

marcitko
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited April 18

Yesterday I was in Zwolle, a beautiful old town in the east of the Netherlands, and I visited the bookstore and remarked to a sales lady about the number of hardcover books in the store. She said, the younger generation these days have to be enticed into buying books, and that was why there were beautifully bound and illustrated hardcover copies of Kahlil Gibran’s The Prophet on the shelves. Makes you wonder about the future of books.

Each morning as I leave the property for my jolk, I'm greeted by these fellows...

Some morning the Pukekohes (the black blue and white coloured bird) are on my bedroom roof making a racket or fighting on the driveway....

marcitko

Well it's been quite cool temperature-wise and overcast for most of today...
    This morning's jolk

This afternoon after a visit to one of the op shops.

And last be not least ...a monkey apple tree

The Kereru (native wood pigeon) loves the monkey apple berries, and now so do I...For many years I've watched the Kereru feasting on the berries all the while thinking that they were poisonous to humans, that was until just recently when a client at work asked if he could pick some monkey apples from the big tree on the property ...anyway he picked some and offered some to me, it turns out they taste a bit like guava, quite nice...All those monkey apple years gone to waste....

lobster
  • LionduckLionduck Veteran

Went shopping for a new car.
    Was looking for a late model used low mileage economic car.
    Ended up with an SUV - NEW - 24 city, 31 hwy
    360 and backup camera, semi leather, blah, blah..
    only in hoc for 5 or 6 years at 0%. O.o
    Dtr and G'dtr love it. <3<3 (Mitsubishi Outlander)
    have to admit, the Black Brick looks good, rids well
    OK, OK! Its a nice car, at only twice my original budget. =)
    Consolation prize: I still have my RE int650. <3

Shoshin1Jeroenlobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

@Lionduck you iz luxury inclined Buddhist. Tee Hee! I think I may go over budget on something for the sake of Tantric competence.

Maybe time to think of getting a camper van again? Don't think I need to go anywhere. Will have to get a yearly resident street parking licence. Maybe I can just get a white van and paint it in rainbow graffiti? Then I could call it, 'mobile dharma' and go and park outside Aunty Feds latest hideaway (I could literally be her 'dharma stalker'). Too naughty? :mrgreen:

Shoshin1Lionduck

This I thought was interesting…