Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Alcohol in moderation

2»

Comments

• I've had a really nice cherry lambic beer in the fridge now for about a month.

You devil.
    I like alcoholic ginger beer.
    I found @Tosh insights into alcoholism very insightful.

A few years ago we got into the habit of drinking a glass or two of wine with a meal, maybe twice a week. Other people have a beer with mates. It is the out of control behaviour that is being advised against and addictive behaviour can include tweeting, collecting sardine cans [lobster hangs his head in shame] or other obsessive addictions . . .

:wave:
  • However, about 18 million adult Americans are alcoholics or have alcohol problems.
    80,000 deaths attributable to excessive alcohol use each year.

To drink or not to drink, that is the question.

Some people can handle small amount of alcohol, it doesnt really affect their lives, at least on the surface.
    For some people, the price is very high indeed.

It is interesting to note that in some cultures, the ability to drink large quantity
    of alcohol without making a fool of yourself is considered highly admirable.
  • mmm chery lambic :bowdown: