Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Where are you?

lobsterlobster Veteran
edited January 2014 in General Banter
I was cycling on the North and South Banks of the Thames this Sunday morning. Listening to Big Ben, trying to be mindful of other tourists and joggers, listening to the Bells of Southwark cathedral and wondering where the Shard, Mobile phone, gherkin, MI6 HQ and other iconic London buildings had sprung from . . . must visit some of the new attractions . . . fun. Anyway a pic will stop me blathering on . . .

Where are you?
(Remember guys, under the edit text box, you can 'attach a file')
Chaz

Comments

• anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    edited January 2014
    In my kitchen debating whether to eat one of my daughters cakes she made today! Just 7 miles south of where that picture was taken.
  • Day 33 sitting on the same spot on my sofa staring at my broken leg, meditating and planning my next mountain to climb....
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    In front of my computer in Vancouver, about to wander over to a local pool hall for lunch and some stick play with an old Sangha buddy where we can laugh about our faltering eyesight and efforts at Buddhist practice
    ChazInvincible_summer
  • Also by the Thames but downriver . Veiwing the river through the window because I am nursing a heavy head cold. We had a glorious sunrise, pink and orange light reflected against a layer of cirro-cumulus clouds.
  • Getting ready for a winter storm that is supposed to have 12 inches of snow. I am in Michigan. Tomorrow there is a windchill warning as there is going to be big wind and fierce cold.

Needless to say I am wondering why I live in Michigan.
  • @fivebells has very wisely positioned himself on a mandala

We in a sense have an internal and external location.
    http://buddhism.about.com/od/basicbuddhistteachings/tp/Six-Realms-of-Existence.htm

Externally we are in different places. Internally too. Even though in Absolute terms we have no residing abode, no soul of transmigration, no independent of conditions arising, we are very much somewhere.

You will also notice how @citta and @how where very much in the human realm of 'the now'.

. . . so let me ask the question again, Yoda style . . .

Where you are?

• jaejae Veteran
    I live in Guernsey Channel Islands on the West coast...

portsoifair1.jpg (1024×768)

Hamsaka
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    edited January 2014
    I'm in a public library using a tatty flea-ridden pre-war computer, but it's free so that makes it jolly good in my book. :p
  • I'm in Mukdahan, Thailand
    HamsakaBarraBunks
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    It's all the same place.

I'm right here. What exactly here is, is another matter.
  • Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    HamsakajaeBunks
  • lobster said:

I was cycling on the North and South Banks of the Thames this Sunday morning. Listening to Big Ben, trying to be mindful of other tourists and joggers, listening to the Bells of Southwark cathedral and wondering where the Shard, Mobile phone, gherkin, MI6 HQ and other iconic London buildings had sprung from . . . must visit some of the new attractions . . . fun. Anyway a pic will stop me blathering on . . .

Where are you?
    (Remember guys, under the edit text box, you can 'attach a file')

I am surfing the Net, wishing I'd be at the Thames,cycling too since you make is sounds so interesting!
  • bfg84bfg84 Explorer
    no where near where id like to be....x
    Bunks
  • DobsDobs Maine, USA Explorer
    Wandering somewhere in rural Maine, USA
    lobster
  • jaejae Veteran
    @Dobs.... that looks lovely ... have you found that billion yet?
  • DobsDobs Maine, USA Explorer
    @jae hahaha, still working on it, That's me wandering around the Allagash Wilderness by the way. Taken in the early fall a couple of years ago, it'd be all ice and snow right now but just as lovely if not more so.
  • jaejae Veteran
    @Dobs...lovely, snow is something we don't get much of but when we do the whole island comes to a halt...well apart from the pubs!
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran
    Currently in a hell realm
  • ZenshinZenshin Veteran East Midlands UK Veteran
    edited January 2014
    I'm in Nottingham in the East Midlands, sat in front of my GFs laptop drinking tea from a mug with a picture of a Border Terrier on it.

@lobster, I was once in psychiatric hospital on Vauxhall Bridge road and the MI6 building at the other end of the bridge caused some interesting delusions amongst the residents.
    jaeBarra
  • Currently in a hell realm

Good or bad hell realm?
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran
    lobster said:

Currently in a hell realm

Good or bad hell realm?
    Not so good but I am working with it
    :)
  • BarraBarra soto zennie wandering in a cloud in beautiful, bucolic Victoria BC, on the wacky left coast of Canada Veteran

I am here

Are you having any concerns about the potential political unrest there?
  • BarraBarra soto zennie wandering in a cloud in beautiful, bucolic Victoria BC, on the wacky left coast of Canada Veteran
    jae said:

I live in Guernsey Channel Islands on the West coast...

portsoifair1.jpg (1024×768)

The setting for one of my favorite books - The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society !
    jaeHamsaka
  • lobster said:

Not so good but I am working with it
    :)

Dedication of merit and puja power [spooky stuff at a distance] coming your way . . .

:wave:
    Theswingisyellow
    @Lobster thank you my brother!
  • At the Edge of the World
  • I'm in Mae Sai to get a passport stamp.

jaeVastmindInvincible_summer
  • charirama said:

At the Edge of the World

That sure looks like Tow hill.
  • In the mountains near the ocean in Alaska. I'll post a picture one of these days.
    Kundo
  • jaejae Veteran
    @Frozen_Paratrooper.... Alaska, my Dads been your end many times and loves it, I must get there one day to see what all the fuss is about! Pictures please.
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited January 2014
    @robot ....thanks for all the pics lately....feels like we
    have a travel reporter, hahaha...... Stamp me! :D
    jaerobot
  • If the pic loads, this one was taken on or about the summer solstice last year on the drive into work.
    lobsterjae
    @robot - are you concerned about the political unrest in Thailand? I am seriously considering moving to Chiang Mai for a year or so, but am feeling wary.
    This is the view from my condo. It is the back side of British Columbia's Legislative Buildings, overlooking Victoria's Inner Harbour. image
    lobsterjaeInvincible_summerBunks
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    edited January 2014

Currently melting. But I'm luckier than my fellow Aussies living in Victoria or South Australia.

If you feel inclined to pray, please do so. Otherwise much metta should be sent their way.
    robotjaeJeffreyStraight_Man
    @dhammachick - wow, I had no idea that you were an Aussie! Yes, you have my condolences with the weather. I hope it cools off some before I head down to Sydney in June.
  • Having lunch in Mae Sariang.

jae
  • robotrobot Veteran
    edited January 2014
    Barra said:

@robot - are you concerned about the political unrest in Thailand? I am seriously considering moving to Chiang Mai for a year or so, but am feeling wary.

I haven't been to Bangkok for several months. A friend passed through there four days ago with no problem.
    Chiang Mai has been fine recently. Lots of tourists.
    I was over in Issan last week. All quiet there so far. Same in the far north.
    I might be nervous if I owned any property here. But for a visit, even an extended one, I would have little concern at this point.
    That could change, but I believe that both sides of the dispute are aware of the damage that ruining the tourist industry could do to the country, long term.
    Barra said:

@dhammachick - wow, I had no idea that you were an Aussie! Yes, you have my condolences with the weather. I hope it cools off some before I head down to Sydney in June.

June is winter here - though the coldest we get in Sydney is about 11C - probably balmy for you :D
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    @Barra - I love Victoria and the Island in general! Hope to move there some day (a "mainlander" over here).

where I am: currently proofreading my friend's cover letter in a west side basement in Vancouver, sitting on a well-used office chair.
  • Mae Hong Son province in northwest Thailand. Most beautiful, sparsely populated region, in a beautiful country.

jaelobsterDandelionHamsaka
  • Where are you?
    Great pics guys.
    Some people have chosen to equate this question with ones interior location. Part of this is static and immutable, though one could also say the Buddha Nature is in flux and ever changing . . .

In many ways our inner location becomes apparent in the reflection of the outside. In other words, what we express reveals our inner location.

Can we find that, to answer, 'where are you?'

Hamsakajae
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Currently melting. But I'm luckier than my fellow Aussies living in Victoria or South Australia.

If you feel inclined to pray, please do so. Otherwise much metta should be sent their way.

It certainly was a tough four days down here in Melbourne last week @dhammachick.

I felt sooooooooo sorry for the tennis players in the Aust Open. It must have been brutal!!
    @Bunks - yes the weather looked feral :(
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@Bunks - yes the weather looked feral :(

It was @dhammachick......one of the interesting things I find is that if there is a severe weather event in other countries (say an ice storm in the USA) all things close down and people accept the fact that public transport won't run and they don't have to go to work.

For some reason here in Australia though we act as if it's a minor inconvenience when it's 45C and we're living in a fan forced oven and everything should just carry on as normal!

Why is my train late? Ahhhhhh....coz the tracks might buckle so it's running slower than usual

:-/
    Kundo