Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

New: Mobile, Search

LincLinc Site ownerDetroit Moderator

I've switched us over to a brand new theme for mobile devices that should be way easier to use.

I've also turned on a new search engine for the site that should vastly improve results.

NirvanaDaltheJigsawanatamanpoptartChe

Comments

• ChazChaz The Remarkable Chaz Anywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran
    edited March 2014

I noticed the new mobile theme earlier today. Nice.

• BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran

also agree the new mobile theme is MUCH better.. props.

• NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran

Well, it does absolutely no good to those cantankerous ones among us who are essentially immobile. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

DairyLama
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran

Awesome! Thank you!!

• Handy. I spend a lot of time searching for my mobile.

VastmindBunksChe
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited March 2014

Has anyone tried the search box yet?
    I love it! :thumbup:
    Someone said something this morning...and I was
    having a flashback to an old thread and wanted to
    check something. I went right up there and started typing
    in the thread name...and a dropbox appeared with a couple choices.
    It was there.
    Then I tried just a keyword about the thread...and POP..
    there it was!

Lovin' it! :)

Linc
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

Few problems apparent

Can't use the little cog to edit within 15 minutes on the mobile skin and the emoticons aren't working again.

Struggled to sign in as well but then saw how blind I can be. I was expecting it in upper right and corner and it was below all the time...

There is another little glitch on the iPhone - the black toolbar seems to become centred and obscures what you are typing - it's a little irritating, but I'm sure you will make every effort to make the Newbies happy again...

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator

I'm able to edit my posts from mobile. Is anyone else having that issue?

I'm not sure what black toolbar you're talking about. I don't see an issue like that on my iPhone.

I am using iPhone now and as in typing I can strike the screen upwards and there is a blue post comment field and below that a black bar with 4 pics (download/earth/star/). It's ok to use if I don't click in the comment icon because when I return the bar obscures what I'm writing like now and scrolling moves the black bar up and down.

I've updated my phone and it's still glitchy. It doesn't matter because I have compensated (black line with icons now at top of screen). The key is to write and post and not reflect a little before posting. Lol

I can't hit the cog to edit my typos either.

• NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran

Cool, have never been able to upload pics from phone before. Now who want to see a shot of my private parts? :p

• Thanks Lincoln,
    Being a very amateur programmer, Appreciate the quality of your continuing efforts, which I continually notice.

For example the 'attach a file' option disappeared and is back again . . .
    With regards Markdown, there is often Not an end of line character automatically placed and matching what is typed, so it all appears on one line. Sure you are working on it :)

@lobter In Markdown, you need 2 returns for a line break. To do a single-line break, add 2 spaces to the end of the line.

lobsteranataman
  • BeejBeej Human Being Veteran

@Lincoln- oh boy- ths is a mess on the device that i use. i use a Playstation Vita's web browser for ths site (my cellphone is 8 yrs old, so back off, tech snobs!) there's a big vertical gray line going through every thread. the line is on the left side, about 25% off of the border. and the icons at the bottom are popping around as i scroll. its almost unsable. :( thought you might want to know that.

@TheBeejAbides Oh dear. I'll file a ticket for it. I'm not sure how soon PS Vita is going to get to the top of the list tho, sorry :/

anataman
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2014

@Lincoln said:
    I've switched us over to a brand new theme for mobile devices that should be way easier to use.

Or not.....

• ZenshinZenshin Veteran East Midlands UK Veteran

@Lincoln‌

I have to agree with @federica I find the new mobile theme less easy to use, I can't see who the last poster was and have to cycle through the thread to see if anything new has occurred. I don't know if its an effect of my phone its a samsung galaxy y running gingerbread 2.1 (I think) with the default browser.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2014

When I access the site on my phone, I can't see the discussions option, (I keep having to return to the 'home' page and re-select discussions) and I can't quote.

And i can't find my drafts anywhere!! :D

Oh... On mobile now. Yeah this isn't right. There should be a menu option floating at the top of the screen. Will figure it out.

@Lincoln, truly, I really feel for you.
    I couldn't even begin to think about sorting some of this crap out!!

Even though it's broken, its still usable, if thats any consolation.

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

I agree it must be tough but I gotta say... The way it was a month ago is far better and easier to use than it is now.

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

I'm still learning the remote on my new TV.... :p

• howhow Veteran Veteran

My sympathies @SpinyNorman.

If its one of them new smart TV's, good luck.

One mistake with a remote button push and half your show is gone by the time you can find your way back to it.

I'm on a old laptop and everything is fine except for smiles.

I hate to hear other's are having problems..... :aol:

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran
    edited March 2014

:aol: ^^^ @Vastmind, note that if you put smilies before text, they work, but after all text on a line they do not work.... Lincoln I think knows about this, it is on the to be troubleshooted/fixed when there is time list I think.... You can even make smilies appear in the middle :) of text.

Ohhh..ok .... :clap: ...I see what you mean... :thumbup: Thanks :) ...A bunch.

Search broke again yesterday. I'm investigating a solution.

@Lincoln said:
    Search broke again yesterday. I'm investigating a solution.

There's an awful lot to be said for a pencil..... :lol:hides

I have realised that now, after going ahead and posting a soliloquy on the eight-fold path, then looking for something else turned up nothing again. lol. The world is as it is....

Search is fixed again!

Well done, and thank you @Lincoln‌

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran

Definitely a big thank you from here also.

• BhanteLuckyBhanteLucky Alternative lifestyle person in the South Island of New Zealand New Zealand Veteran

I do not like the new mobile site, and so I make my phone's browser use the full site.
    Why?
    A bit of my screen is taken up with newbuddhist mobile toolbars top and bottom that I do not use.
    When I type to post, the keyboard takes up another half of the screen, leaving about 1cm of the screen for the text I am inputting. But text is in the wrong place - I can't see the text I'm typing - it's hidden by the keyboard, and because the 1cm gap is so small, I can't easily scroll up to where the text is.
    Of course, I can hide the keyboard and scroll up, or go fullscreen, but it's an extra step.
    So I just use the full site instead, which lacks those extra toolbars.

I'm not complaining, just letting the designer know that on my phone at least, it is not so good.

When this glitch happens you just click on done and then go back to continue editing the text.