Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

name someone you would love to love

sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran

as far as simple yak-like beings like myself go, sometimes it is not easy to engender love for a particular person

so let's speak to it a little please? :) maybe there is someone you know who has also suffered quite a lot in their life-stream so far. name someone you aspire to cultivate more love for. or maybe just talk about techniques you've found helpful.

today i read a quote "if you judge people, you have no time to love them" .. mother theresa

Vastmind

Comments

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    edited March 2014

if you judge people, you have no time to love them .. mother theresa

Unless I'm mistaken, Mother Teresa had a body of personal experience on which to base her assertion.

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Some of my family members. I have an easier time working on compassion for terrorists and criminals than I do some of my family members. I work on it, all the time. But I still have "Ugh, life will be so much better when they are gone" thoughts, and then I feel really guilty about them. I know it's about loving and developing compassion for them on a basis that we all have the same nature and the same suffering. I can even easily see their suffering. But it does not make me love them. In fact I'm so averse to them that I will avoid having to talk to them at all costs. Including avoiding family celebrations and holidays. Like I said, I'm working on it. But it's a LONG process. It's one of those relationships where I wish I knew if there was a past life tie.

BunksVastmindInvincible_summer
  • CittaCitta Veteran

I aspire to love genkaku. Instead of trying to work out riddles and feeling baffled.

sovaInvincible_summer
  • CittaCitta Veteran

I can report some progress. I am beginning to become quite fond of Ed ( lobster ).

There, I've said it.....

pommesetoranges
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    edited March 2014

"Loving the world, to me's no chore. My big problem is the guy next door."

@federica -- Amen, sister! ... although, of course, the world does not always meet my expectations either.

Vastmind
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

The Kardashians

VastmindsovaInvincible_summerDandelion
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited March 2014

The person who keeps putting stacks of work on my chair for me to find the next morning with no note. I get stuck doing the research ...... :grumble:

I probably should think good thoughts about them.

Without them, I wouldn't have a chance to offer my skills and help.....

Oh...and the mole in the yard. hahaha

sova
  • @Citta said:
    I can report some progress. I am beginning to become quite fond of Ed ( lobster ).

There, I've said it.....

Keep practicing.

There are some brave Boddhisattvas out there . . .

Such compassion!

Jeffreysova
  • Nancy Grace. No progress yet with this.

Vastmindkarastisova
  • robotrobot Veteran

Transport Canada bureaucrats.

Invincible_summer
  • howhow Veteran Veteran

My own fear.

sovayagr
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran

I can't think of anyone, is that bad? LOL

• sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
    edited March 2014

@how said:
    My own fear.

deep

reminds of a song lyric "fear is a friend who's misunderstood, i know the heart of life is good"

people, face to face, are often not who we have imagined them to be .. and often i find that if i approach someone with a smile and the attitude that a little more of their inner sun can shine out, i start seeing luminosity pour out from between their tectonic personality plates

dare ya to try it

i aint no expert i'm a yak but maybe it can help somebody. not to interrupt this beautiful flow. nancy grace comment made me spill my skittles / bust out laughing at this coffee shop

• :)
    The quote about judgement is useful. We do judge. Mostly ineptly, by our limitations. Also I feel there is a difference between absolutes, theoretical love and compassion and having to deal with partners, kids, relatives and annoying sangha members who breath too heavily during meditation . . .

• howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited March 2014

@sova

Deep???

My second choice was Beyonce!

sova
  • @Citta said:

There, I've said it.....

I thought lobster was a girl. :)

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited March 2014

@betaboy said:

'Woman' to you laddie.

I thought I was a crustacean . . . we live and learn . . .

¯_(ツ)_/¯

• CittaCitta Veteran

@betaboy said:

And if lobster is a girl , does that mean I can't grow fond ?

lobster
  • @how said:
    My second choice was Beyonce!

We get's a choice? My second choice is @betaboy.

betaboysova
  • @Citta said:

And if lobster is a girl , does that mean I can't grow fond ?

Not at all, but isn't Ed (short for Edward?) a guy's name?

• My blood test woman is named edwina..

lobster
  • @Jeffrey said:
    My blood test woman is named edwina..

Hopefully, not the same Ed we have here. :D

• Short for Edna.

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited March 2014

Nah.....it's short for Edda

• yagryagr Veteran

Jane Fonda