Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Just for fun - Crack the codes for enlightenment!

anatamananataman Who needs a title?Where am I? Veteran
edited May 2014 in General Banter

I like puzzles...

Rules: simply meditate on the codes, and see if you can decipher the output. There are 3 codes to crack. Feel free to guess, I'll pm you if you get it right.

However If you are certain you have correctly cracked any one of them - please pm me unless you really want to spoil a little fun.

Clues

A is really really hard, but 'technically breakable' if you observe the pattern and relate it to something you look at every day - and indeed you will no doubt observe it, and miss it repeatedly. Cracking this one requires intense focus and concentration ;)

B is something that grows every day, and is not difficult to decipher, but once you've got it you only win if you post a picture that reflects its omnipresence in nature. Once the number has gone above the value of 1000, it resets and will start anew but will grow in exactly the same way, and still a picture is required to win.

C is easy if you reflect on games you may have come across in your youth. You have to respond to the codes output in the same format; however you only get one guess per day. When you manage to get 17 out of 100 guesses right - you have cracked it and won).

The answers for C are different for each person that responds.

So here are the first codes:

A. False

B. 4

C. C6

Comments

• ToraldrisToraldris   -`-,-{@     Zen Nud... Buddhist     @}-,-`-   East Coast, USA Veteran

Sounds like a joke. :)

anataman
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

It's not a joke @AldrisTorvalds‌... :D ... Care to be the first to take a stab in the dark at C.). It really is supposed to be a fun thread, like a crossword or sudoku, only the puzzler gives the puzzled something more to interact with (conscious intelligence), only you don't know all the rules yet, but patience is required, and a pencil, ruler, eraser and scrap of paper won't go amiss ;)

So here are today's codes GMT; and like I said no matter how hard you focus and concentrate, you may still miss A. though the answer is right here and now.

A. True

B. 4

C. J10

• ToraldrisToraldris   -`-,-{@     Zen Nud... Buddhist     @}-,-`-   East Coast, USA Veteran
    edited May 2014

Yeah no I think you're just messing with us. Just gibberish. I'll pass and work on something constructive (I'm learning Java, mmm!), but thanks anyway.

edited May 2014

no not messing, just having fun

I am not being as enigmatic as this either:

• misterCopemisterCope PA, USA Veteran

A. True

B. 4

C. M28

• ZeroZero Veteran
    edited May 2014

A. Self?
    C. Battleships?

@misterCope said:
    A. True

B. 4

C. M28 NO outside the range, but close - 17/100 left

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

Don't know on A

B.

C. Battleship. I'd rather play Candyland instead if that's alright.

anataman

Todays codes:

A. True

B. 8

C. B1

@zero: good guesses (A wrong, B, that was pure luck (surely), can you post another picture that really demonstrates you know?, C that sunk me ;)

@person: I would be surprised if anyone got A in 3 days! B No C. candyland is good

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

what da-fuq....?!

anatamanToraldris

@federica said:
    what da-fuq....?!

Seconded. It all sounds like gibberish to me.

edited May 2014

nevermind

• A is really really hard, but 'technically breakable' if you observe the pattern and relate it to something you look at every day - and indeed you will no doubt observe it, and miss it repeatedly. Cracking this one requires intense focus and concentration ;)
    #1 A. False B. 4 C. C6 #2 A. True B. 4 C. J10 #3 A. True B. 8 C. B1

Seriously, why don't you just ask us to guess what you're thinking instead, would be the same difficulty. ;)

Toraldris
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I have a feeling this is so damn obvious, Captain Stupid here, can't see it for looking....

anataman
    edited May 2014

@federica Feels more to me like there's key information missing. I at least like to understand what the puzzle is that I'm solving! I've only recently ingested the line "The answers for C are different for each person that responds.", which makes it even more enigmatic.

So the answer to C MUST be, "My name is {name}"......

Cracked it!!

No @federica‌ that's like saying your enlightened. Lol

Isn't how amazing how when someone posits puts a few puzzles/riddles out there that it is greeted with doubt and suspicion.

All you have to do is read the op and observe the patterns. Things will become apparent. I'll also post the odd clue. It is just meant to be fun. and 'mentertaining'. lol

Today's codes :

A false. -

B 12.

C A5 - someone has already got C btw., but I'm well on the way to winning at the moment.... 96 moves to go...

Today's codes:

A True

B 3

C F5 :)

Today's codes:

A False - yes it's hard but still everything you need is here on the page you are reading, just a little focus and attention to detail.

B Perhaps I have been stating it wrong all along and trying to be a little too cryptic... and am going to revise to the naturally stated series: So starting again (but now I expect the pictures to come pouring in:

1 (;-)

C D1> @AldrisTorvalds said:

federica Feels more to me like there's key information missing. I at least like to understand what the puzzle is that I'm solving! I've only recently ingested the line "The answers for C are different for each person that responds.", which makes it even more enigmatic.

edited May 2014

@anataman No idea what you're talking about. If the only correct answer anyone got was by accident, I think this is getting really silly. :) Maybe you see things in a special way and this is a futile attempt?

@AldrisTorvalds said:
    federica Feels more to me like there's key information missing. I at least like to understand what the puzzle is that I'm solving! I've only recently ingested the line "The answers for C are different for each person that responds.", which makes it even more enigmatic.

'Hiopefully' this is making it easier to understand, The answers to C (tut), become a game if you want it to, so each person can choose to play or not. Riddles can be very frustrating I know, but that's what makes them, well attractive to certain kinds of minds), and as this site is one where one peruses lines of thought and discussion related to buddhism, I thought I'd post something of a little challenge when things become a little dry, or unsavoury, as a distraction, to distract from the distracted... Just mess in wit ya.

@AldrisTorvalds said:
    anataman No idea what you're talking about. If the only correct answer anyone got was by accident, I think this is getting really silly. :)

@Zero, got it when he posted the pic of the spiders web, I just want to confirm it was not by accident. There are many, many other examples. Posting a picture of something natural when I have stated that it is naturally omnipresent, does not reveal you have mastered the riddle... Perhaps what would be more revealing of your knowledge and understanding is if you could PM me the scientists name who is associated with the series of numbers..

Post something that I cannot deny as being essentially true to the answer I am seeking, and yes, you get the trophy. This will happen in the next week for question B... I am certain, now!

A True

B. 11

C. E9

A False

B 112

C C3

• GraymanGrayman Veteran
    edited May 2014

A nothing

B meta "not metta"

C thumbs up looking down

@‌Grayman

A Wrong

B No Mettha ha

C What you talking about Willis? ... :hrm: ...

• GraymanGrayman Veteran

A answers

• GraymanGrayman Veteran
    edited May 2014

@anataman said:
    @‌Grayman
    C What you talking about Willis? ... :hrm: ...

Make a thumbs up point your thumb to someones face and ask them the number they see. They will say I C6.

C6 was the first clue and I was just having a little fun with you.

edited May 2014

Reeled you in once you were in focus!

A no there are no real answers - but the answer to this is real... and today it is false!

B ... as above: 112

C Todays clue is really B3

Oh I forgot to mention that the rules were my rules or did I? lol

• GraymanGrayman Veteran
    edited May 2014

@anataman said:
    Reeled you in once you were in focus!

A no there are no real answers - but the answer to this is real... and today it is false!

B ... as above: 112

C Todays clue is really B3

Oh I forgot to mention that the rules were my rules or did I? lol

A) that depends if you agree with first or second statement more. Using soliphism I agree with the second making the conclusion unreal. For this reason I am sticking to nothing as an answer and because true is already used and what fun is that?

B) 1000 is the final clue

C) your running out of childrens vitamins

ThailandTom

At least I c u v a sns v umr

A: Neither/both

B:

C: O28 (That's the letter O, not the number 0).

edited May 2014

@MisterCope A NO B Nice! C O2B3 lol - er I mean wrong (out of range)

Today's codes:
    A False

B 1123

C E10

A: True

B: I thought it reset after 1000? Anyway:

C: C4

edited May 2014

Yes @MisterCope, beautiful isn't it.

I realised it would be too difficult in the way I presented it, so changed the rules. I am allowed to do that after all, and it threw some off the scent.

Are you playing at C?

:)

Oooh close but first try is X

A false

B 11235 :)

C D2

• ZeroZero Veteran

For C. is A5 a hit?

• GraymanGrayman Veteran
    edited May 2014

@Zero said:
    For C. is A5 a hit?

Yes, you sunk his/her battle ship. You have a ways to go to get your single patty buger upgraded to a double cheese burger at burger king.

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited May 2014

A is true if the number of the date is prime? (one is not prime)

anatamanZero
  • ZeroZero Veteran

@Jeffrey said:
    A is true if the number of the date is prime? (one is not prime)

Tues 6 seems to buck that trend

edited May 2014

Oh Well done @Jeffrey ... :thumbsup: ...!

@Zero 6 is not prime, and A5 is a hit, but I'm nowhere near sunk. primes in the date range: 2 3 5 7 11 13 17 19 23 29 31 all these were true

I've been rumbled, I'll give even less away next time I pose a riddle or 2... :p ...! lol

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran

C - D2

gator photo: gator alligator1.png

Gator

• ZeroZero Veteran

@anataman said:
    Zero 6 is not prime

My mistake. Looking on mobile device and with all the scrolling through incorrectly logged may 6 as true...

Miss @jeffrey

Gator - I'm looking into that one, I'm sure it is right.

A TRUE

B 112358

C A7 -

A False

B 11235813

C G1

edited May 2014

1123581321345589 etc., and I ain't fib'ing (or am I?)... ;)  

No your not fibbing - but you needed to post a picture

All I have left now is my battleship and I'm winning this one!

G2

What...

The actual....

F.......

Oh I forgot that too. Here: