Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

"Refuge in the Buddha" (or in an Awakened Mind)

2»

Comments

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran
    edited September 2014

We love your threads, @Shoshin!

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

. :coffee: ..

Ok, I'll sacrifice politeness . :bowdown: .. and make an effort not to greet people... . :wave: ..

I hope there's no hard feelings, especially amongst the members for whom the greetings may have had an unsettling effect....

The "ego" has spoken, and has come to an end....

I was just going to end with Metta etc etc 'force of habit' but forced my 'self' not to...(which is quite hard) so I might have to use emoticons as a substitute addiction for awhile... . :) ..

robotVastmindJeffrey

@seeker242 said:
    As far as the first refuge jewel of "Buddha", both!

It's interesting you should say this, because when thoughts of the historical Buddha comes to mind, it's his Dharma that plays out...In a sense it's like always having in mind "What would the Buddha do or have done?"...So I guess it is both...

"Slap of hand"

. :) ..

• ToraldrisToraldris   -`-,-{@     Zen Nud... Buddhist     @}-,-`-   East Coast, USA Veteran

@Vastmind said: I did tell someone their eyeball avatar was creepy....and they changed it.

Gee I wonder who that was. :D  

Vastmind
  • ChazChaz The Remarkable Chaz Anywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran
    edited September 2014

@Shoshin said:
    In a sense it's like always having in mind "What would the Buddha do or have done?"

Not really. Refuge isn't trying to mimic what the Buddha may have done is a given situation. That would be futile. The Buddha was, well.... a Buddha. What the Buddha did was the product of awakening. To do what the Buddha did requires the same awakening.

Refuge in th Buddha is trust in awakened being. It's not mimicry.

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

@Chaz: I posted that link above.
    It probably went unnoticed in the Kia Ora maelstrom...

Chaz
  • ChazChaz The Remarkable Chaz Anywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran

@DhammaDragon said:
    It probably went unnoticed in the Kia Ora maelstrom...

Probably - I removed my link. Thanks for the heads-up.

(I was going to tack this onto the post before last but was timed out)

BTW I would like to thank everybody ( the Fors, Aganists, and Neutrals) for helping to pry the pride-based thought patterns apart with your words of wisdom, just enough to allow awareness some breathing space, which in turn helped to subdue the ego’s evil intention of world(forum) domination…
    And as a token gesture of my gratitude I’ve done a deal with the universe and it has agreed to deposit a handsome sum into each of your ‘merit’ bank accounts…A warm heartfelt Thank You !

robot
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Ere, guv, bank accounts can be a bit tricky, so could you make it cash :p .

Shoshin
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

@Shoshin said:
    (I was going to tack this onto the post before last but was timed out)

BTW I would like to thank everybody ( the Fors, Aganists, and Neutrals) for helping to pry the pride-based thought patterns apart with your words of wisdom, just enough to allow awareness some breathing space, which in turn helped to subdue the ego’s evil intention of world(forum) domination…
    And as a token gesture of my gratitude I’ve done a deal with the universe and it has agreed to deposit a handsome sum into each of your ‘merit’ bank accounts…A warm heartfelt Thank You !

I watched silently but had a feeling it would turn out the way it did.

Thanks for sticking around.

Shoshin
  • @Shoshin‌

There is still hope. :p

edited September 2014

@pegembara said:
    Shoshin‌

There is still hope. :p

. :coffee: ... Not really, I'm too far gone...I'm a no hoper ... . :shake: .. . :D ..