Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Good Company

Dear Friends in The Dharma,

I try to be a companion on the way. It means I share what I know in a way appropriate to the situation to the best of my ability.
Others here do the same. It is why other social media are often noise and here we have focus. Just as a Buddhist retreat is more dedicated and attuned to our emancipation.

The world, like our heads, emotions and other clutter is devoted to inherent and endless distraction and dissatisfaction.

Good company is for us to benefit others and ourselves. That is where we are. As we advance more opportunities of the nature and potential of all experience arise ...

yagrZenniZenshinElizTheswingisyellowNamadaShoshinVastmindWalkerEarthninjaDavid

Comments

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

good one, @Shak! B)

• FairyFellerFairyFeller Veteran
    edited May 2015

...All through the years
    In the end it appears
    There was never really anyone but me
    Now I'm old I puff my pipe but no-one's there to see
    I ponder on the lesson of my life's insanity
    Take care of those you call your own and keep Good Company

Brian May - 1975

silverEarthninjaWalker
  • howhow Veteran Veteran

Dis is what I call Sangha.

Shoshin
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited June 2015

Sangha, community, good company is a privilege.

One of the first things we realise when recognising wisdom, experience and depth in others, is what a monkey mess we are. That of course takes humility and integrity.

Some of us, me for example, have rhino tendencies:
    http://www.hermitary.com/solitude/rhinoceros.html

However here we come together - across time, space and the interweb ...
    If we have the capacity we learn from what is on offer. We can not expect others to learn in the manner we proscribe for ourselves, that is fantasy dharma.

@how said:
    Dis is what I call Sangha.

<3

We haz plan ... who said drop the plan?

Good plan!

Earthninja