Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Hello There! I am new here.

Hello everyone. I came across this site when I googled "bodhi bonzai tree" - no kidding. After seeing the conversation and URL I had to join. I own a website with a similar name (modern-buddha.net) so i thought this would be interesting to join.

My name is Michelle, but you can call me Euipoi. I am currently living in California (drought and fire utopia). I have always been interested in Buddhism as long as i can remember. When other kids were out worrying about boy crushes and cute cloths i was always reading and learning about anything cultural or spiritual. It is a big part of my life. I went through some hard times in my life in which i felt the philosophy and teachings of buddha helped me. I am now in a much better place. I currently live with my Son and Fiance (who is born and raised in Cambodia, very popular with Theravada buddhism) and we have a little one on the way.

I joined because I would like to make friends and discuss/share interesting topics. :awesome:

Linc

Comments

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Welcome Michelle/Euipoi. Hope you find something useful here and I hope the fires are not endangering you and your family.

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Welcome @Euipoi!

• Thank you for the welcoming!
    and @genkaku We have a huge one about 30 miles away. It has effected the air quality badly but it seems to be clearing up finally. Hopefully we get some rain!

dantepwEarthninja
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

We're a diverse bunch here, and we rest heavily on good-natured humour in our daily banterings. While we take Buddhism seriously, ourselves? We're all laughing stocks, really...
    Hope you're up for an eclectic mix of giggles, idle chat, and some good, educational, in-depth discussions...!

• @federica that being said i am now even more excited for what is to come! I def enjoy humor!

• Do you mind me asking if "Euipoi" means anything?

Vastmind
  • hello! welcome @Euipoi :) Great to see you've found us and decided to join. I hope you have a good one, wishing you all the best. Peace

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited September 2015

Hi Euipoi,

Welcome.

What is a bodhi bonzai, is it a little enlightened tree?

I wantz one! ;)

• Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran

Welcome! :)

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

Hello there back at cha! =)

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

Hi Michelle - Enjoy your stay! B)

• I'll just say "Hi Michelle, er Euipoi". B)
    Welcome to the site. <3
    we are mixed breeds of mutts and strays here. Overall, 'tis a good crew in these parts.

EarthninjaVastmind
  • EarthninjaEarthninja Wanderer West Australia Veteran

Hi!! **waves***

This is the BEST place to get opinions/teachings/humour all in one thread from around the world.
    Big diverse family. Welcome to the fray ! XD

Vastmind
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran

Welcome. <3

• Logged back on to see all these welcomes! Already loving this place. Thanks everyone!
    @lobster I was looking for a mini tree that buddha sitting under.
    @Cinorjer It just a name i like to use. It used to be my artist name back when i was doing digital artwork but i havent done much of that lately. The word itself doesn't really translate to anything, its more of an identity.

Cinorjer
  • Is that you in the photo?

• @Steve_B Oh! No lol i just like that photo very much.