Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Hurt people, hurt people...antidote.

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
edited June 2016 in Philosophy

I came across this statement today, and I have to admit, it actually knocked me sideways. I guess it's something I have known and believed for quite some time, but the way this is phrased just awakened a new awareness in me. It is both penetratingly and profoundly true...

For more of this Guru's wise words, see here.

(Anyone else know him...?)

BunksSwarooplobsterpersonsyrphusVastmindHondenRuddyDuck9mmoherbertoyagrJaySon

Comments

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

I sort of learned this while I was social-working, you learn not to take it personally.

• lobsterlobster Veteran

It is true. <3
    There is a profound difference between knowing a cliche and being 'knocked sideways' by hearing it at a 'gut level'. In other words knowing it.

In a sense that is the value of good companionship. We keep saying and hearing the same old dharma until our ears are unblocked and we finally hear what has been said so many times.

I did hear, it waz plan! o:)

PS. Be kind.

Iz masterplan! ;)

personsilverVastmindherberto
  • howhow Veteran Veteran

I still wonder why someone chose a meditating Soto Zen monks picture
    to highlight a Kundalini Yoga teacher's saying

even if that saying is a particularly nice take on what ego is and what it isn't.

Bunks
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

@SpinyNorman said:
    I sort of learned this while I was social-working, you learn not to take it personally.

I take it all personally. Even if false, we can be truly hurt by damages. It is in that impartial reaction that the reflection becomes exposed ...