Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Random YT Videos of Note

silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded.USA, Left coast. Veteran

I ran across this one looking for Tasmanian devils and what they sound like.

I thought the video was so well done - everything was crystal clear and the story is amazing.
(When I was in sixth grade, I wanted to become an Archaeologist.)

What I'd like is for everybody to post a YT video of any subject that really struck them as fascinating - something that struck you as awesome - with or without your own comments - hopefully with.
B)

Shoshin

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I have two, if you would indulge me...
    This is the first:

silverperson
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited July 2016

And this is the second:

(If you get three white rectangle shapes, click on top left corner... they're meant to be caption boxes, but just click the 'x' to delete them....)

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

I like this one comparing the size of the Earth, the Sun, and other stars. We really a speck in the universe.

Shoshinsilver
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

This one really touched me, it's good to see people take the time and effort to connect to and rescue a wild animal

silver
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Many moons ago whilst hitch hiking around the Australian bush,with a friend ( back in the day when mobile phone video cameras were not around) we were on the outskirts of a bush town and heard a funny noise coming from a garden across the road, and when we looked over there were a couple of Kangaroos boxing/kick boxing...Truly a sight to behold...I did get a photo of it...(Sadly the photo's long gone)...but.....
    I did find this modern day youtube clip, quite entertaining ....

silver
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Sorry to be thick, but what is "YT"?

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited July 2016

^^. YT= YouTube

Enjoyed the video of the Tasmanian Devil, with best supporting cast - the freshwater lobsters ... :3
    ... and what a great achievement, save a whale from @Kerome ... <3

I like to create my own vids, for example our local fauna tree life, filmed a few days ago ... This is kind of a punk seagull (lesser spotted headbanger woodpecker) which eats insects instead of ice cream. Some sentients are weird ... Amazing what can be done with a simple bridge camera, 30x zoom and a bit of stabilisation and music from YouTube ...

I am hot on the heels of a mysterious london feral pig/boar. I spotted it in between two tiny wetland nature reserves ... next video evidence. Yep ... cryptozoology ... :3

Shoshinsilver
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@lobster when my children were young I took two of them (the two eldest) over to the UK to visit family, we stayed at one of my brother's who lives in Kent, he had woodpeckers in his garden along with squirrels, and at night the foxes would come to be fed...He loved the wild life....His neighbours weren't too happy about him feeding the foxes though....

lobster
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    edited July 2016

Not sure if it counts, but here is one of my all-time favorite videos, "Thought Moments":

personShoshinsilver